Alien: Covenant Has Wrapped Filming!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 15, 2016, 09:53:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Has Wrapped Filming! (Read 34,446 times)

Corporal Hicks

After nearly three months of shooting, Sir Ridley Scott’s Alien: Covenant has officially wrapped! Last Saturday the crew celebrated with their wrap party and have started to move on to other ventures. You can find pictures from the wrap party and the crew showing of their Covenant clothing in our forums.

Alien: Covenant set decorator Lacey Malice took to Instagram yesterday to show off her crew jacket and left a lovely caption talking about her time on the film: “It’s a wrap!!! I never would have guessed this time last year as I was having the time of my life in Switzerland at the HR Giger museum I would return home to paint the exact sets that he envisioned so long ago!, it has been an amazing experience, I’ve learnt so much and made some very talented new friends.”

Some of the art crew are remaining on the film to help with design work in post-production. Now it’s up to effect companies such as Animal Logic and MPC to provide the special effects for Alien: Covenant.

A "Thank You Note" from Ridley Scott, Mark Huffam and Michael Schaefer to the crew along with a Covenant patch and jacket (better seen here).

A “Thank You Note” from Ridley Scott, Mark Huffam and Michael Schaefer to the crew along with a Covenant patch and jacket (better seen here).

They made it through filming with very few leaks. Alien vs. Predator Galaxy were the first to reveal any sight of the film to the world with the location pictures from Milford Sound and the Daily Mail showed off some interesting pictures from the quarry location outside of Sydney.

Danny McBride poses with the Odd Studios (creature effects) crew. They're all sporting various Alien: Covenant clothing including a cap that includes a Xenomorph! High-resolution copy here.

Danny McBride poses with the Odd Studios (creature effects) crew. They’re all sporting various Alien: Covenant clothing including a cap that includes a Xenomorph! Higher-resolution copy here.

With just over a year left before release, we now wait while post-production work begins on Alien: Covenant and the marketing campaign starts to kick in. Stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest!

Xenomania

Off-topic, but how long did it take to film the quadrilogy Alien films?

jeanj

jeanj

Woot Woot !!!! You're the best Ridley !

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomania on Jul 15, 2016, 09:59:16 AM

I don't know off-hand but Wikipedia has Alien as taking about 3 and a half months, Aliens 10 months, Alien Resurrection 5, Prometheus about 3. No Alien 3 details.

Valaquen may know better.

Xenomania

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2016, 10:11:19 AMI don't know off-hand but Wikipedia has Alien as taking about 3 and a half months, Aliens 10 months, Alien Resurrection 5, Prometheus about 3. No Alien 3 details.

Ok, I was just wondering since I've never thought about it before, and was wondering is three months a short time or not. ;)

Whiskeybrewer

Now come the reshoots lol

Look into my eye

When do you think we will see a trailer or some footage? How long before the release of the film was the first Prometheus trailer? Seven months or so?

Corporal Hicks

The first footage of Prometheus was shown at SDCC about a year before the film's release. I know Fox aren't going to be there to show off their films for fear of leaking but I suspect/hope that they may actually release something online during SDCC this year (next weekend).

Look into my eye

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2016, 11:20:00 AM
The first footage of Prometheus was shown at SDCC about a year before the film's release. I know Fox aren't going to be there to show off their films for fear of leaking but I suspect/hope that they may actually release something online during SDCC this year (next weekend).

Thanks Hicks, yeah that would be cool if they did.

I like the sound of this also
I never would have guessed this time last year as I was having the time of my life in Switzerland at the HR Giger museum I would return home to paint the exact sets that he envisioned so long ago!,

Nice one!

Corporal Hicks

I think they were still filming at the time they showed Prometheus off. In Iceland, if memory serves. Sounds like Covenant will be having a longer post period.

Quote from: Look into my eye on Jul 15, 2016, 11:23:03 AM
I like the sound of this also
I never would have guessed this time last year as I was having the time of my life in Switzerland at the HR Giger museum I would return home to paint the exact sets that he envisioned so long ago!,

Yeah, I really like that quote too. I really can't wait to see something of the Giger-style sets!

FiorinaFury161

Yeah the whole "exact sets" quote was very good to read! Hopefully it will flow/edit very well and will be on schedule for it's target release date.

As for the Alien3 filming time, I imagine it felt like it took forever. :P

Sabres21768

How is it we don't have any leaked shots of the xenos?

I'm dying to see what they look like.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2016, 10:11:19 AM
Quote from: Xenomania on Jul 15, 2016, 09:59:16 AM

I don't know off-hand but Wikipedia has Alien as taking about 3 and a half months, Aliens 10 months, Alien Resurrection 5, Prometheus about 3. No Alien 3 details.

Off the top of my head: Alien shot from July '78 and wrapped in winter, err, October? But model shooting went on for months afterwards. I don't think Aliens took 10 months to shoot at all. 3 months is the norm, for a typical two hour picture.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 15, 2016, 01:47:06 PM

I don't think we had any leaked footage of Prometheus' creatures. Well, unless you count the trailer we got our hands on early but that was a trailer.  :laugh: I wouldn't expect to see any until the official marketing start. If any. I feel like they might want to keep the Alien hidden this time around.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 15, 2016, 01:53:04 PM
I don't think Aliens took 10 months to shoot at all. 3 months is the norm, for a typical two hour picture.

Yeah, I thought that was odd. But that's why you never trust Wikipedia.  :laugh:

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2016, 01:55:13 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 15, 2016, 01:47:06 PM

I don't think we had any leaked footage of Prometheus' creatures. Well, unless you count the trailer we got our hands on early but that was a trailer.  :laugh: I wouldn't expect to see any until the official marketing start. If any. I feel like they might want to keep the Alien hidden this time around.

let's hope so

*Fixed your quotes. Corporal Hicks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed