Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,179 times)

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Alien: Resurrection special edition dvd from the Quadrilogy
A Company Man (2012) this one was pretty good, I had an unwatched DVD of it. Lots of gunfights and martial arts but also pretty good crime drama.
The Terminator (the first one, on VHS)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Thank f**king god this is the shortest movie in the series, because it was downright painful to sit through. The new writer clearly didn't watch the other movies very carefully, and they didn't even get Jack Sparrow's character right here. There's f**king up, and then there's that. And the best action scene in the whole movie was blatantly stolen from Fast Five. f**king hell... :laugh:

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Malignant (2/5)
There were two good scenes in this 1hr & 51min film...two...possibly totaling 3-5min long...out of 1hr & 51min...You've been warned.

(Side note: the movie had HUGE The Dark Half vibes throughout. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets brought up again)

SiL

SiL

The Discovery

An interesting five minutes at the beginning and end bookend what is otherwise an interminable, unnecessarily boring movie.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Conan the Barbarian (1982)
Only my second or third viewing of this movie. Kinda glad I was able to see this somewhat "fresh".
Cool story, solid acting, great props sets and scenery, special effects hold up (all practical I think except for one scene),...

Btw, any saw the Frank Frazetta documentary? He's the artist who made the amazing Conan paintings.
Wish I was Rich so I could buy some of his work. Just amazing art.

Spoiler

[close]

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Sep 12, 2021, 06:42:18 AM
Malignant (2/5)
There were two good scenes in this 1hr & 51min film...two...possibly totaling 3-5min long...out of 1hr & 51min...You've been warned.

(Side note: the movie had HUGE The Dark Half vibes throughout. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets brought up again)
Know what? I was vaguely interested in this when I saw the trailer, but figured it was standard James Wan stuff. Now you've mentioned The Dark Half, I may have to check it out!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Good fun.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

John Carter

Enjoyable, but not great as a whole.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Malignant

This was nutty and entertaining as hell.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Candyman (2021)
Well made but average sequel.

Sidenote: getting a little tired of these sequel reboot type movies that use the same name as the original: The Thing, Halloween, Candyman,...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 13, 2021, 01:46:50 AM
Conan the Barbarian (1982)
Only my second or third viewing of this movie. Kinda glad I was able to see this somewhat "fresh".
Cool story, solid acting, great props sets and scenery, special effects hold up (all practical I think except for one scene),...

Btw, any saw the Frank Frazetta documentary? He's the artist who made the amazing Conan paintings.
Wish I was Rich so I could buy some of his work. Just amazing art.

Spoiler

[close]

Conan the Barbarian was one of the last great epics, the days of constructing huge magnificent sets and the hiring of hundreds of extras. I love the design Ron Cobb implemented in that world, and the score of Basil Poledouris is magnificent. And James Earl Jones especially is so fun to watch.

Yeah, Frank Frazetta was quite a brilliant artist. The man just understood human anatomy. I'm not sure if you know this but Frazetta did his own Conan-esque animated feature himself (with Ralph Bakshi) called "Fire and Ice":

Huggs

Huggs

Godfather 2

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Los violadores del amanecer (1978)
Pretty raw movie about a small group of teenage scumbags stealing and raping.
But it's actually about the weak justice system, unwanted pregnancy and abortion.
Seems ahead of it's time.

¿Quién puede matar a un niño?(1976)
"A couple of English tourists arrive on an island where all the children have gone crazy and are murdering the adults."
Ok, but kinda slow. Included one brutal kill of a little kid though.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 17, 2021, 01:54:23 PM
Conan the Barbarian was one of the last great epics, the days of constructing huge magnificent sets and the hiring of hundreds of extras. I love the design Ron Cobb implemented in that world, and the score of Basil Poledouris is magnificent. And James Earl Jones especially is so fun to watch.

Yeah, Frank Frazetta was quite a brilliant artist. The man just understood human anatomy. I'm not sure if you know this but Frazetta did his own Conan-esque animated feature himself (with Ralph Bakshi) called "Fire and Ice":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7wjqtTnegE

I miss that. These days it seems most of the budget goes to the cast and cgi effects.

Didn't only understand anatomy but knew how to portray it.
Haven't seen the animated feature, any good?

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 17, 2021, 11:59:36 PM
Godfather 2

Why u no add rating or comment?!  :(

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 18, 2021, 12:23:47 AM
Haven't seen the animated feature, any good?

The animation is spectacular.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

John Wick Chapter 2.

Not as good as the original, but it was a delight to see Neo and Morpheus reunite.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed