Star Beast: Alien Grindhoused - a fanedit

Started by Gieferg, Jan 31, 2022, 07:46:48 AM

Author
Star Beast: Alien Grindhoused - a fanedit (Read 9,614 times)

Gieferg

Gieferg

Here's a little sample of what I am working on:

A faster, less serious and re-scored alternate cut of first Alien movie in grindhouse style.

Kradan

Kradan

I like the vibe of this, would be curious to watch the whole thing  ;)

Gieferg

Gieferg

Still much work to do. Completing alternate soundtrack right now.

Also, I'm considering using some of the deleted scenes from Anthology Set, maybe even those of poor quality, is there a list of all additional footage from that set? (including any outtakes which may be included in longer documentaries).

I'm considering some kind of alternate ending too, but that would be tricky.

Kradan

Kradan

Corporal ?

Gieferg

Gieferg

I'm afraid I dont know what you mean.

Kradan

Kradan

I was summoning Corporal Hicks, he's site's admin. You should PM him for info you need, I think he'll be able to help

Corporal Hicks

Gieferg

Gieferg

Well, I know those deleted scenes and have read that before, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for - the problem is locating all of this footage on full of content Anthology bonus disc which are no exactly clearly structured, also, I've just found an info in one of the forum threads about some little outtake included in Alien Saga documentary, so just wanted to know how to find it and if there's more of those.

SiL

SiL

There's a fan edit that throws it all into an edited film if that interests you.

Gieferg

Gieferg

I know, I've seen it and I have it (Alien Appendix vol. 2 Virtual workprint), but the quality of it is even worse that those scenes have on official releases.

SiL

SiL

There's an updated version. Also, isn't low quality appropriate for the grindhouse aesthetic?

Gieferg

Gieferg

Not that kind of low quality. Compression artifacts have nothing to do with grindhouse aesthetic.

I am only familiar with 15 year old DVD release. Looks like I need to find this new version.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Gieferg on Jan 31, 2022, 09:08:35 AM
Still much work to do. Completing alternate soundtrack right now.

Speaking of which, could you find some use for this in your edit ?

Gieferg

Gieferg

Probably yes :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Gieferg on Jan 31, 2022, 09:08:35 AM
I'm considering some kind of alternate ending too, but that would be tricky.

Do the original Ridley Scott ending that was shot down by the studio.

You know the one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed