Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,610,315 times)

SM

SM

Looks shithouse as without the dome.  The head ridges really suck when seen in full view.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Geeze,I can't stop myself from posting these sad comparisons.  :P

From this:

To:

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I think the worst change of all is the pain scheme. The colors on the original are just so beautiful. Subtle bruising, little flecks of brown and orange, ashen grey's.

The new one?

Sorta grey-green... Kinda meh one color with contrast... Design plus new pallete just equals Baby Poop.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

And the teeth. Oh god, the teeth!

predalien27

predalien27

I just want to see what Giger's Alien actually "was" in an Alien film one more time. It is a completely different creature than what was shown in Res through AvP.  Hopefully it's shown in the prequel

locusta

locusta

...to close the terrible AVP:Retard design discussion:

It´s a sh*t design for a sh*t movie. Everything fits in that case.

Quote from: predalien27 on Mar 12, 2010, 02:36:35 AM
I just want to see what Giger's Alien actually "was" in an Alien film one more time. It is a completely different creature than what was shown in Res through AvP.  Hopefully it's shown in the prequel

Exacty my thinking. And to be honest, they just have to find a guy like Bolaji Badejo and recast the original suit with some restoration by Giger himself and EVERYTHING is fine.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Except I heard somewhere that Giger won't work for Fox anymore, so no hope there.

SiL

SiL

Giger won't work for movies any more, although I think he said he might do another Alien movie if Scott asked.

A L I E N

A L I E N

Quote from: SiL on Mar 12, 2010, 08:34:33 AM
Giger won't work for movies any more, although I think he said he might do another Alien movie if Scott asked.

That would be great!

In my opinion AVP-R is a far cry from ALIEN, the way I would improve AVP-R warriors:

1) Skinner and sleeker designs (Not obvious man in suit  :D)

2) Thinner neck! I mean why? The Aliens are meant to be perfect at hidding. How can they curl up with a neck that large?

3) They were to dry! Paint was good IMO but needed to be wet like all good aliens

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: XenoVC on Mar 12, 2010, 02:25:19 AM
Geeze,I can't stop myself from posting these sad comparisons.  :P

From this:

To:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/avp2/adibook/adibook67.jpg

Look at her face, it says: "Ah man! Don't get you're cramp all over my uniform!"

SiL

SiL

Lambert looks like she's shitting herself in fear.

The waitress looks like she's reacting to bad breath.

qz08

qz08

i like the one on the top

#6.0

#6.0

Yes Lambert is far more terrified, and it is in the nostromo, making it a far batter picture, but the alien in the latter is a far better design.

A L I E N

A L I E N

So your saying AVP-R Warrior is better than Kane's Son?  ???

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: #6.0 on Mar 12, 2010, 04:01:52 PM
Yes Lambert is far more terrified, and it is in the nostromo, making it a far batter picture, but the alien in the latter is a far better design.

No, it's not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed