Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,630,833 times)

severen76

severen76

..For example?

SM

SM

SiL has pretty fair idea of what got cut from Alien to say the least.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: severen76 on Feb 27, 2009, 12:30:01 AM
..For example?
When Dallas, Lambert and Kane entered the derelict, they discovered a hieroglyph portraying the Alien's life-cycle. This was filmed, but not used, and no footage or stills have been released.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteWhen Dallas, Lambert and Kane entered the derelict, they discovered a hieroglyph portraying the Alien's life-cycle. This was filmed, but not used, and no footage or stills have been released.

Wasnt that supposed to happen before they discover the Space Jockey?

SiL

SiL

I think so. Giger mentions it, and when it was filmed, in Giger's Alien.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: SM on Feb 23, 2009, 05:51:55 AM
If you have the Book Of Alien, there's a still in there of Dallas and Ash propping up Kane.  Always wondered how that might've fit.

Sets up the Ash/Ripley loggerhead, what we see in the final is simply a reiteration of what's already in contention, also preempts eww yucky on Kane's reveal, so out the window it goes.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SiL on Feb 28, 2009, 12:30:27 AM
I think so. Giger mentions it, and when it was filmed, in Giger's Alien.

I have Gigers Alien both the book and the documentary ( in the mood to re-read/watch the again).  The documentary shows segments of The Alien picking up Parker and slamming him against a wall and extra shots of the Alien on the shuttle at the end.  I wish they had of kept the footage of the Alien almost grabbing Ripley's helmet at the end  :'( would of looked rather cool.

QuoteSets up the Ash/Ripley loggerhead, what we see in the final is simply a reiteration of what's already in contention, also preempts eww yucky on Kane's reveal, so out the window it goes.

Would of been nice to see of the Deleted scenes section of Alien.

Xhan

Xhan

"Saga" also has some glimpses of extra head crushies for Parker as well, which resulted in immediate and awesome sickness from several of the first test audience, who sat through the chestbursting just fine. :/

Also has two shots of zombie stuck-to-wall Burke.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 28, 2009, 01:58:27 AM
"Saga" also has some glimpses of extra head crushies for Parker as well, which resulted in immediate and awesome sickness from several of the first test audience, who sat through the chestbursting just fine. :/

Yeah i saw the Parker head crush scenes on the Alien Saga documentary.  Ive also heard of extra shots of Parker ( when off to refule his flamethrower ) runnig down the corrider nervous as hell.  He gets startled by a noize and starts to run.  If you look at the Teaser trailer ot " A Word of Warning" trailer as i call it you can see some of those shots.

QuoteAlso has two shots of zombie stuck-to-wall Burke.

Where was this??? i didnt think there was any footage of this scene around.

Xhan

Xhan

Reiser isn't stuck to the wall yet, he's just made up for it. Pastificated.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Mike Mignola:

SM

SM

QuoteIve also heard of extra shots of Parker ( when off to refule his flamethrower ) runnig down the corrider nervous as hell.  He gets startled by a noize and starts to run.  If you look at the Teaser trailer ot " A Word of Warning" trailer as i call it you can see some of those shots.

This was the setup to the airlock sequence.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteThis was the setup to the airlock sequence.

Yeah that's right.  They also filmed a few takes of Parker talking into a Communicator to Ripley and Lambert on the Bridge but you never see this sequence anywhere except for the scenes that feature Ripley and Lambert.

XenoVC

XenoVC

XenoVC

XenoVC

Never saw this shot:

Or this:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed