Alien ripoffs and requels

Started by hawkangel, Aug 26, 2016, 09:30:22 AM

Author
Alien ripoffs and requels (Read 97,059 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Salutations! :)  "Scared to Death" the 1980 film from Lone Star Films. 

This sample page and photo was published in the December 1980 issue  of "Questar". The article was written by Steve Rubin with the pictures copyright Lone Star Films. I would check out the review of this movie on DvD on Amazon by A.Snyder. This is the first of 2 films with the  Syngenor. This movie is free to Amazon Prime Members.

P-Rock

P-Rock

I see that 'Lifeforce' got mentioned, but I wouldn't want to call that an Alien rip-off. It's a batshit crazy movie about space vampires. Well, maybe the beginning in space where they enter the abandoned alien ship.

'Life' on the other hand is a total (but pretty decent) rip-off of Alien and 'Pitch Black' borrows a lot from Aliens as well.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The first act of Lifeforce definitely has an Alien-vibe, but once they get to Earth it's hard to label it a rip-off.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 08, 2019, 08:41:14 AM
The first act of Lifeforce definitely has an Alien-vibe, but once they get to Earth it's hard to label it a rip-off.

It's more akin to Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but with space vampires.

Oasis Nadrama

Oasis Nadrama

When I was a little kid, I watched Alien from the Deep (original Italian title: "Aliens del Abismo", French title: "Alien : La Créature des Abysses") and the French title was even more misleading than the other ones, meaning literally Alien : The creature from the abysses".

So I honestly thought this terrible, terrible movie was somehow PART OF THE ALIEN SERIES. I was convinced of it for YEARS. Until I was 16 or something I was still trying to reconcile it with the Alien lore and timeline.

Full movie:

The Old One

The Old One

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

RLM are such treasures  :)

Russ

Russ

I love this thread.

The Old One

The Old One

A trashfire celebration.

The Old One

The Old One

"Requiem" -a horrendous rip-off.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

There is a game called Event 0. You are the only human alive inside a spaceship and you have to find out what happened with the rest of the crew. Your only company is, as you might suspect, an artificial intelligence called Kaizen. So yeah, the Alien side of the force is strong with this one...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Watching Life again yesterday got me thinking - are there any other genuinely decent Alien rip-offs?

I don't mean movies that are "good" in the way Galaxy of Terror is good, but genuinely competent movies that obviously riff on Alien.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe not 💯 % rip-off, but with a similar atmosphere...

Alien + The Thing = Lily Cat

And speaking of rip offs, this Star Trek scene reminds me of Brett's extended death...

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 14, 2019, 02:35:02 PM
Watching Life again yesterday got me thinking - are there any other genuinely decent Alien rip-offs?

I don't mean movies that are "good" in the way Galaxy of Terror is good, but genuinely competent movies that obviously riff on Alien.

I remember really liking Deep Rising but it's been years since I've seen it. I wonder if it holds up?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'd completely forgotten about that one! One of my favourites :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed