Started by PAS Spinelli, Jul 07, 2020, 09:03:03 PM

Author
The Datamine Thread (Read 38,781 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Tracker ✓

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I definitely feel it was weird they left Tracker out of the line up last DLC drop. And frankly having to wait until February for him kind of blows something fierce given they half assed Captured.

I hope he comes with the dogs. But given we got all of nothing out of that drop I'm worried he's just going to be a mask. And given they had a battle axe, a spear, the falcon, and a some sort of bear trap I'm surprised it was as bare bones as it was. Like not even a weapon variant or a gadget that's been sitting in the files since near launch.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The need to introduce a Hell-Hound with Tracker.

How would I do it?

As a weapon, similar to a smart-disc. You unleash it taking control of the Hellhound for a limited time, attack a Fireteam, and eventually it comes back to the Tracker. And the Hell-Hound like the smart-disc can be destroyed.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I imagined it would be a siren call (like the UAV drone of the FTs). Floating in a caged hell-hound in a parachute (like in the film) would take some time to do, so these need to be executed during times you really want them or that you some how can lure (with traps or audio decoys) to your area.
Once they land on the ground they open up and you auto lasso the beast and they just follow you around.

Let it loose with a button and they attack FT or SG in the vicinity. They would have to have their own health bar too.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I have a feeling if they did the dogs it would be fairly simple like they spawn in like any other character.  What I'm expecting if they did them is that they're going to be a specialization. That way there's no question as to how the Predator calls them in, they're just present at the start of the match once the intro completes.

However I think a cool way to expand on this is the cages. So Predators with the specialization like Tracker can have them by default but if a cage spawns you can go to a cage and activate the dog. So kind of like how Fireteam calls for reinforcements, this would be how Predator calls in more dogs.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

While I like the ideas above, it probably will become quite the balancing nightmare once the massive programming obstacles are overcome.

That's why I say use the hound like a smart disc weapon. As with the disc, you leave your Predator body exposed as you control the hound, and when the Fireteam sees it, they know the Predator is on the ground because the Hell-Hound weapon can't be executed from the trees. And if the hound isn't killed, it comes back to you on a timer.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Well maybe we are getting a bit more than I expected...

Some exciting things in the latest datamine here, courtesy of Blu:

Quote[
  {
    "Type": "StringTable",
    "Name": "DLC_Preds",
    "StringTable": {
      "TableNamespace": "DLC_Preds",
      "KeysToMetaData": {
        "Crucified_Name": "Captured",
        "Crucified_Desciption": "This unknown Predator of the Jungle Hunter clan wears the mask of the Captured Predator, who was saved by Royce, but ultimately killed by a Super Predator on the Game Preserve Planet.",
        "Comm_Skin": "Aurora",
        "Bawater_n": "Backwater (Night)",
        "Mr_Black": "Mr. Black",
        "Falconer": "Falconer",
        "Wolf": "Wolf",
        "Wolf_des": "A veteran and master xenomorph hunter, he met his end attempting to contain an infestation in Colorado. He brought down several xenomorphs, including a predalien, but his hunt would end in thermonuclear fire.",
        "Celtic": "Celtic",
        "Celtic_des": "An aggressive, but honorable young blood. Celtic's initiation hunt was on Earth, within the pyramid beneath Antarctica. Though he fought with strength and cunning, his hunt was ended by his prey.",
[4:00 PM]
"": "Pirate",
        "Pirate_des": "A rare, perhaps unique, Predator, she eschews the protection of the jungle for the challenge of the open sea. A scourge of great ocean hunters, she's inspired more than one seafarer's tale of monsters from the deep.",
        "Amazon": "Amazon",
        "Amazon_des": "An incredibly prolific hunter first observed operating deep in the jungles of Brazil. She's notable for her number of confirmed non-human kills, indicating she has either a resolute hunting code or is easily bored.",
        "Cyborg": "Bionic",
        "Cyborg_des": "Most Predator biotech is non-invasive, as most perish from serious injuries during a hunt. Only those with the greatest will to live return from the field requiring cybernetic prosthesis.",
        "Tank": "Tank",
        "Tank_des": "Often the vanguard of Predator invasions, the Tanks are large, resilient hunters known for their ability to endure injuries and fight through pain until the hunt is concluded.",
        "Nolan": "Nolan",
        "Emissary": "Emissary",
        "Emissary_des": "This Yautja chose to remain hidden and watch the modern human warriors, studying their tech and practices over the years. Gradually, this predator stole and constructed armor and gear similar to that of a modern military combatant. With a slight resemblance, this predator found he was able to elicit additional confusion and fear from human warriors perplexed with his unique but familiar armor.",
        "Scars1": "Scar 1",
        "Scars2": "Scar 2",
        "Scars3": "Scar 3",
        "Scars4": "Scar 4",
        "Scars5": "Scar 5",
        "Scars6": "Scar 6"
      }
    },
    "StringTableId": 0

Kailem

Kailem

Not gonna lie, that's a hell of a lot more characters than I was expecting we'd get.

I figured we'd get some sort of AVP three-pack similar to the Predators DLC a couple of months ago, and indeed it looks like we're getting Celtic at least (hopefully with cosmetic options for the rest), but six more, at two month intervals, would keep us going for another year. So that at least is good!

I like the sounds of some of those Preds. Cyborg is going to be interesting to see. I wonder if they're going to take any inspiration for the NECA and Kenner figures that had some very tech-based appearances. And it sounds like they'll be doing with "Emissary" what they did with "Exiled", in that while it's not technically supposed to be one of The Predator's Emissaries, it's very clearly inspired by them. And it looks like Noland might even be a possible fireteam member, seeing as his name shows up in that list too (or maybe it could just be because of the mask they just added).

So yeah, very cool to see they're still (hopefully) planning on supporting the game with more content for a while yet!

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

An Pirate Predator? Oh man, why is that such a jump the shark moment?  :laugh: Like seeing a Predator hunting out in the open ocean feels so out of place. I never liked the idea of Hell and Hot Water comic, and I don't think they can make it work here as well.

Tank Predator? I don't know how to feel about them. Seems like a military ranked Predator, if they really are Vanguards of Predator invasion. Does this mean that Earth will be invaded sometime in the lore? Hhhhmmm, The Predator film failed in putting that idea on the table so I don't have much faith on this one.

I can't wait for the others though, glad to see more Predators coming in, now I just wish the gameplay was actually up to par to make playing these upcoming Predators worth while.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Amazon Predator, a brazillian Predator, I feel so represented now. Better be very stereotyped, I want a Anaconda skull on its belt.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

And weirdly still no Fugitive despite the new ranged weapons he'd bring.

I am interested in Tank, Cyborg, and Emissary.
Personally I hope Cyborg is either Lasershot or the Borg Lost Hunter.

And all they'd really have to do is have a variant for the katana and maybe have this place be the pack for the shuriken since he carries it at least on the Neca re-release. They can even re-release the City Hunter body with some slight armor adjustments. Maybe a wristblade since he lacks it even on the toy or maybe it's a laser thing idk. Point is that while Lasershot would be cool, Borg would be the easiest foot forward for them while still using a movie character (since we bizarrely have so few of them).

Though really I want single player content. I don't need new characters at this point especially after Wolf.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Kailem

Kailem

*ignores text at the top*

WEASEL!! Weasel confirmed!!

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Out on a limb, they're probably gonna use that for a Prey tie-in. New map in the middle of nowhere but out of the jungle, bear instead of boar (I'd love wild life that fights back TBH), the Predator from Prey.

Wonder if that's why we haven't gotten a roadmap. We might know something before the film comes out and they had to withhold the roadmap. Even a big gap might be too much of an indicator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed