The Datamine Thread

Started by PAS Spinelli, Jul 07, 2020, 09:03:03 PM

Author
The Datamine Thread (Read 38,791 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Another finding by Blu, an alt sniper class in the files. This could be Isabelle.

Also looks like the next DLC is being prepped for Steam.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Isabelle....

Kailem

Kailem

At this rate she could have walked back to Earth in the amount of time it's taking her to get here. :P

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

She just entered Earth's atmosphere. She's almost here!

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

But where is Lone Wolf mode? >:(

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jun 05, 2021, 11:08:07 PM

I'm thinking that'll be the free update for this month, hopefully paired with night mode.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jun 05, 2021, 11:21:05 PM

I'm thinking that'll be the free update for this month, hopefully paired with night mode.
Seeing how they are doing the big update "breaks" now, I think every DLC will drop alongside a real update from now on

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Wasn't it confirmed a while ago that "Lone Wolf" is just the in-engine title for the tutorial?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Necronoir on Jun 07, 2021, 06:53:01 AM

Wasn't it confirmed a while ago that "Lone Wolf" is just the in-engine title for the tutorial?

I have heard that stated before in the Illfonic forums a couple times, but I'm not certain how that was confirmed.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 07, 2021, 12:59:11 PM

I have heard that stated before in the Illfonic forums a couple times, but I'm not certain how that was confirmed.

I'm no expert on that kind of thing, but I guess someone noticed the "Lone Wolf" appellation applied to resources (maybe on-screen text or certain unique game assets) that are used in the tutorial? I'm hoping we get some kind of singleplayer or co-op addition somewhere down the line regardless.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I hope so too.🤞

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I'm sure that dataminers found whole missions and objectives for it, more detailed than tutorial. Few pages back I think.

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 16, 2021, 07:40:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9HBHVno--4&feature=emb_title

Looks like we've got our Lone Wolf intro!
Looks to be a series of Predator objectives and what is basically an extended tutorial of game mechanics. Not a bad idea.

No idea if this is only on Overgrowth but a poster on the Illfonic forums says Airstrip (new map) comes next month.

Here it is. This implied lone wolf mode to be more than a tutorial.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Blu found Lone Wolf and played it. Here's the gameplay video.

Still being worked on I would imagine

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'm not certain one way or another myself, but even after these videos were posted, there were some still asserting it was an extended discarded tutorial.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Lone Wolf was either meant to be the tutorial or was repurposed into one.

The original trophy description was apparently to complete all of the lone wolf missions whereas now it's something akin to completing the tutorial. So they did intend to have more but for whatever reason couldn't do it. We could assume they will be making more if the framework is present.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed