Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2019, 07:40:23 AM

Author
Aliens: Infiltrator - Weston Osche (Read 65,633 times)

SM

SM

No substitute for a fathers love.  Even a father who throws girls and giant robots at you.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Apr 27, 2021, 07:25:47 AM
No substitute for a fathers love.  Even a father who throws girls and giant robots at you.
Deeply disturbed girls who range from an alcoholic, immature woman-child who's supposed to be your caretaker, to literally a soulless clone of your actual mother.

And the clone's soulless because your mum's soul is in the giant robot.

That literally eats giant monsters.

The best thing about Evangelion is watching characters who act like actual humans react to this shit.

BlueMarsalis79

According to that Muthur 9000 Interview:
The use of LV-223's a complete oversight, even though I actually really like the idea suggested by it's status, it covers up a big hole as far as continuity's concerned whilst leaving the door open for potential future stories. 

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

It's so weird that no one caught that before print. Isn't that the sort of thing SM's are for?  ;D

SM

SM

Titan rarely return my emails these days.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I did wonder if the mention of LV-223 was just a huge blunder.

Protomorph

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 27, 2021, 04:25:20 PM
The use of LV-223's a complete oversight, even though I actually really like the idea suggested by it's status, it covers up a big hole as far as continuity's concerned whilst leaving the door open for potential future stories.

What do you mean by oversight, as in that it was a mistake?

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 26, 2021, 03:57:41 PM
Just finished! I had a good time with this one. In some ways it was a by the numbers Aliens book, but the usage of elements from the prequels added a bit extra to spice things up. Definitely looking forward to exploring the Katanga in Fireteam! Happy Alien Day everyone!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 25, 2021, 02:25:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOCDgaPcVN0

Not watched yet, only 80 odd pages into the book.

@Muthur regarding LV223

Spoiler
I too caught that and was like wtf?! Guess we'll just head-canon that it should've said LV-222  :laugh:

Edit: lol you said LV-233. Also, I consider facehuggers as Stage 2 Xenomorphs
[close]

Finished listening and great interview!

Thank you! Yeah, I was quite furious when I first read the book, up to chapter 3 and I already had a page of notes and complaints. If they ever make changes who knows which number they will choose. Regarding LV223
Spoiler
*shakes fist at LV223 clouds*
[close]

Either way, it was nice to chat with Weston 1 year on from the previous interview. Come to think of it I did that with Alex White too. I should have done it with Scott Sigler too but I think he had a show planned already.(BTW check out Earthcore and Mount Fitzroy, his books are great and really Alien and Aliens influenced).

This was an impromptu interview too. I have had a terrible cold since Easter weekend and kept losing my voice. I thought I just wouldn't get my voice back in time to do anything for Alien Day. But things fell into place and I had a friend volunteer to edit. Was just very lucky to have this out on time. Thanks, Gary Washington your editing saved my ass :P and it looked f**king schmick too.

Quote from: Protomorph on Apr 28, 2021, 12:49:53 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 27, 2021, 04:25:20 PM

What do you mean by oversight, as in that it was a mistake?

It wasn't picked up by Titan, Disney or Weston. They didn't intentionally pick that. It was an accident.

BlueMarsalis79

A happy one honestly if you ask me.

SM

SM

So I'm a couple of chapters in and mercifully a number of character names have been changed from the outline.

But that 223 thing is an absolute howler...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Apr 28, 2021, 11:27:16 PMSo I'm a couple of chapters in and mercifully a number of character names have been changed from the outline.

Are you able to enlighten us?

SM

SM

Every character bar two in the outline was named after a cast or key crew member of Aliens or Alien3. And there was a LOT of characters. So far there's only Fairbank, Matthews and Rawlings. There's a character called Cruz (Ross originally) but I don't think it's a nod to Raymond Cruz.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Apr 29, 2021, 08:12:04 AM
There's a character called Cruz (Ross originally) but I don't think it's a nod to Raymond Cruz.

"Tight tight tight!"

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 29, 2021, 12:10:50 PM
Quote from: SM on Apr 29, 2021, 08:12:04 AM
There's a character called Cruz (Ross originally) but I don't think it's a nod to Raymond Cruz.

"Tight tight tight!"

https://youtu.be/WzhW20hLp6M

Corporal Hicks

*ignores all the posts*

Been a little slow making it through this one. I'm at 114. Not been hating the book, but not really been drawn into it either. Struggling to find any of the characters so far particularly interesting, particularly Hoenikker. But given what's just happened, think the narratives about to kick it up a bit more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed