NEW Prometheus scan from Premier Magazine (French Edition)

Started by RoaryUK, Dec 16, 2011, 01:37:39 AM

Author
NEW Prometheus scan from Premier Magazine (French Edition) (Read 34,767 times)

LarsVader

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 18, 2011, 04:56:26 AM
There's also the possibility inferred in 'Resurrection' that the gunk is somehow alive in a viral/fungal manner. It might well be a living organism, in its own right, gradually reconfiguring itself into a biomechanical matrix (not unlike the Alien, itself, in that respect). Being alive would certainly explain how it can slowly creep outward from where the creatures are hibernating, if one assumes they were dormant and not just periodically resting.

There is actually a precedence for this: Look at how the eggs appear to start sprouting roots. There could be a connection.

I like that thought.

wmmvrrvrrmm

There is actually a precedence for this: Look at how the eggs appear to start sprouting roots. There could be a connection.

Well, Giger designed those roots as tentacles on the eggs bases in the original movie, so I would go along with the idea that these things might be able to some extent crawl around looking enough to fix themselves in a place that was ideal

AnthonyWC70788

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 18, 2011, 03:40:34 PM

Well, Giger designed those roots as tentacles on the eggs bases in the original movie, so I would go along with the idea that these things might be able to some extent crawl around looking enough to fix themselves in a place that was ideal

Well hell the picture of the egg just got a whole lot freakier to me when you think of it like that. I never thought of it like that and that would be creepy as hell lol... Anthony

ikarop

Quote from: LarsVader on Dec 17, 2011, 08:28:58 PM

High res is over here http://www.michaelfassbender.org/prometheus-new-7.jpg
I just tracked it down in case you're interested. It came from a Russian news site. That other fansite resized it and removed the tag manually. Original here:

MrSpaceJockey

He's got that sexy manpurse again!

LarsVader

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 18, 2011, 09:13:56 PM

I just tracked it down in case you're interested. It came from a Russian news site. That other fansite resized it and removed the tag manually. Original here:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/6531/kinopoiskruprometheus17.jpg

Thanks!
I was wondering about the resizing.
Should have looked there for myself.

There is a version without a logo actually.

Where do people get these pictures from, does Fox send them out or do they have a press page?
Do they send out newsletters then to inform the press to download these images?
Where do people get the international release dates from?
Does anybody have acess to those sources?

ikarop

Quote from: LarsVader on Dec 18, 2011, 10:32:41 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Dec 18, 2011, 09:13:56 PM

Thanks!
I was wondering about the resizing.
Should have looked there for myself.

There is a version without a logo actually.
http://st.kinopoisk.ru/images/kadr/1758992.jpg

Where do people get these pictures from, does Fox send them out or do they have a press page?
Do they send out newsletters then to inform the press to download these images?
Where do people get the international release dates from?
Does anybody have acess to those sources?
There is indeed. And they usually come from press kits or press vaults. For some reason the press don't seem to care about embargo dates in Eastern Europe. It happens quite often.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 18, 2011, 09:13:56 PMI just tracked it down in case you're interested. It came from a Russian news site. That other fansite resized it and removed the tag manually. Original here:
I notice that David is half standing in some kind of channel, leaning on his left knee while his right leg is straight down into it - like he's just climbed out of a hole. Another detail about the tunnel there, for what it's worth.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 18, 2011, 04:56:26 AMIt might well be a living organism, in its own right, gradually reconfiguring itself into a biomechanical matrix (not unlike the Alien, itself, in that respect).
Never thought of it that way. In Aliens it is suggested that the creature excretes the stuff, implying that it is actually sculptured by them, however IMO that idea never quite meshed with the symmetrical, almost architectural form of the end result. But then again, insects in nature do build fairly complex and symmetrical structures. Some spiders create massive 'nests' from their webs consisting of layer upon layer of webbing, all sculpted into curving 'tunnels' and 'rooms'...

Eeesh, I just gave myself the heebies.

-Chris

Skylark Duquesne

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 17, 2011, 08:34:49 PM
I didn't mean to suggest that you were being offensive towards women, sorry, I just didn't understand your angle, there. As for the bugs thing, Scott called his Alien an insect numerous times, Giger called the egg silo a termite nest, Dan O'Bannon was influenced by insects - it all goes back to insects. Still, I can understand some people's aversion to the Queen, even though I don't feel the same way. Different strokes for different folks.
As for man was not created by God in his semblance, but by the Devil that's pretty much like a lot of Gnosticism and the concept of the Demiurge.

I like to throw ideas at times but lack the knowledge to back them up. I am not much of an erudite, nor am I a religious person (if not an atheist) but I checked on the theory that you evoke.
It is altogether consistent with Ridley Scott's statements regarding Prometheus, isn't it ?
What I wonder is : does Scott's ambitions extend beyond the desire to enthrall audiences with an effective shocker ? If so, does he have a scientific, religious, metaphysical or materialistic bias ?
It is still unclear and it will possibly remain so after we've seen the film. I wouldn't blame that sensitive director for raising more interrogations than answers, but I'd really resent him for giving a trite explanation to one of the most mysterious scenes in science-fiction cinema.

ThisBethesdaSea

Cameron actually was a bit naive with the use of that bone like structure as seen in the derelict. That stuff appeared to be more apart of the architecture of the original ship, then anything the alien itself secreted or created. It didn't make narrative sense to include the structure in ALIENS with the exception of going into the ship.

Bayo

hi
i'm new to this forum and enjoy reading your comments since the upcoming prometheus movie news starts.
sorry if this post doesnt belong here but since you were analyzing the derelict ship i found
this site with a model photos. hope this link doesnt violate any of your rules.

http://www.phoxim.de/klaus_schaeftner_derelict/klaus_schaeftner_der23.jpg

http://www.phoxim.de/klaus_schaeftner_derelict/klaus_schaeftner_derelict.html

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Skylark Duquesne on Dec 18, 2011, 11:06:23 PMIf so, does he have a scientific, religious, metaphysical or materialistic bias?

A good question. Some of his recent comments do hint that he has a specific belief about human origins on Earth, but it is probably just as easily based on his overactive imagination. The synopsis does say that he is creating a 'grand mythology', but to anchor it to any one religious ideal would be a bit trite, as you say.

-Chris

Kol

Quote from: Bayo on Dec 18, 2011, 11:54:35 PM
hi
i'm new to this forum and enjoy reading your comments since the upcoming prometheus movie news starts.
sorry if this post doesnt belong here but since you were analyzing the derelict ship i found
this site with a model photos. hope this link doesnt violate any of your rules.

http://www.phoxim.de/klaus_schaeftner_derelict/klaus_schaeftner_der23.jpg

http://www.phoxim.de/klaus_schaeftner_derelict/klaus_schaeftner_derelict.html

so prometheus stole the fire from the gods!

and the humans stole the hammer of the gods.

Gash

Gash

The way some comments are going anyone would think this film is going to be a religious epic, something I'm not seeing at all myself in any of the genuine quotes. There isn't anything that suggests supporting creationism, anymore than any other sci fi story that has used a similar premise has. All I've seen is that a character will have to question their faith.

It's fiction, and drama is all the more effective if somehow finds their assumptions challenged. It reminds me of misconceptions about an episode of 1970s British post apocalyptic TV series 'Survivors' in which a religious group put their faith in God to save them, only to find that their arriving saviors - another group of survivors have brought a contagious virus with them. So all the religious characters die. Some critics just wrote it off as preachy TV suited to Sunday evening viewing rather than sci fi drama. In other words completely missing the point.

The same could be said of a part of the story in Day of the Triffids. Just because religion themes are touched upon doesn't mean that there's an underlying support of religion. Or not.

Same with Prometheus. Themes are there to create a story with drama and conflict (that's mental conflict). It doesn't actually have to say anything about what Ridley Scott himself believes.

He's built a new grand mythology  -  a fiction stemming from the SJ in  A   L   I   E   N.

Cool, what's wrong with that?

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Gash on Dec 19, 2011, 01:49:29 AMThe way some comments are going anyone would think this film is going to be a religious epic, something I'm not seeing at all myself in any of the genuine quotes. There isn't anything that suggests supporting creationism, anymore than any other sci fi story that has used a similar premise has. All I've seen is that a character will have to question their faith.

It could well be that Elizabeth Shaw is not traditionally religious at all, but a follower of an entirely fictitious belief system created for the alien universe. As an archeologist, her faith could be based on her sense that human beings were created by or guided by interstellar beings, a belief that she has chased after her entire life, as her parents before her did. She may have a personal conviction of the idea; certain of it's truth but unable to find the real smoking gun to prove it. Until...

Unless of course it has been stated somewhere that she is in fact Christian/Muslim/Hindu or of some other real world religious denomination?

-Chris

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed