NEW Prometheus scan from Premier Magazine (French Edition)

Started by RoaryUK, Dec 16, 2011, 01:37:39 AM

Author
NEW Prometheus scan from Premier Magazine (French Edition) (Read 34,776 times)

Zeta Reticuli

it could very well be on earth.
the suits look much more like diving suits than space suits and it also would explain why they are able to take their helmets off.

and let's not forget that some time ago they were shooting scenes on some kind of boat. it would make sense if there is something to find underwater.
the humanoid giant-head would also better be placed on earth than on a planet somewhere deep in space.
it could even be true that all this stuff is going to happen at the very beginning of the movie.
we know that before the prometheus takes off into space there will be a magnificent discovery on earth - what if this is the ampule room and (nearly) all the stuff that has been shown so far? and the real wicked parts of the later story are (almost) completely unknown - except for some unofficial leaked snippets?

Engineer1

Engineer1

They do wear the helmet before entering the temple/ship you can see it in some of the SDCC footage leaked images.
The scenes with a boat supposed to be shot in spain never happened.

The ampule room is not on Earth.
The dicovery on Earth is some sort of text, transmission, map... Not a giant room housing ALIEN urns and a massive bust.
From EMPIRE.
"The crew of the Prometheus (the ship's name designed to echo the Greek myth) follow a perplexing message to a planet that will open their eyes and their chests to a new alien race."
If the Ampule room was found on Earth the journalist would have not asked what it was to Scott at the end of the article.
He would have just said the discovery of the Ampule room on Earth ....
:)

Gash

Scott wouldn't have given anything away that he didn't want to. Also the the fact that the Empire journalist states "..follow a perplexing message to a planet that will open their eyes and their chests to a new alien race." Which is wholly speculation and rather undermines any other assumptions made on their part in the article.

I can quite easily imagine the ampule room could be on Earth, there's nothing to say the perplexing message isn't within that room, on the markings on the face for example. Still it's fun to speculate.

ThisBethesdaSea

Engineer1, you still persist to post as fact and not speculation. It's tiring. I get your enthusiasm, I REALLY do, but none of us know anything, not one thing aside from  the confusing chaos of information already given.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 16, 2011, 11:36:49 PMYeah the temple is also a ship.

There's no reason why not - an ancient ship buried for millennia. On Earth or not, whatever.

Quote from: Gash on Dec 17, 2011, 12:23:17 AMthere's nothing to say the perplexing message isn't within that room

Agree.

-Chris

Engineer1

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 17, 2011, 01:03:31 AM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 16, 2011, 11:36:49 PMYeah the temple is also a ship.

There's no reason why not - an ancient ship buried for millennia. On Earth or not, whatever.

Quote from: Gash on Dec 17, 2011, 12:23:17 AMthere's nothing to say the perplexing message isn't within that room

Agree.

-Chris

You got me wrong, the temple on the alien planet being actually the Engineer's ship has been my theory for months ^^
Ampule room not on Earth.
You'll thank me later, or not coz i would have already spoiled a lot for ya ^^

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 17, 2011, 01:31:28 AMYou'll thank me later, or not coz i would have already spoiled a lot for ya ^^

But I would have to believe your theories for you to spoil it for me now, wouldn't I. ;)

-Chris

Engineer1

You already believe meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;D

Xenomorphine

Here's another speculative theory:

LV-426, itself, is an ancient spacecraft. The 'derelict' is just the external bridge. That's why the egg chamber tunnel dimensions are technically too big to have fitted inside the hull above

Now blow your minds...

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 17, 2011, 02:57:24 AMNow blow your minds...

No need, you just did it for us. ;D

-Chris

Deuterium

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 17, 2011, 02:57:24 AM
Here's another speculative theory:

LV-426, itself, is an ancient spacecraft. The 'derelict' is just the external bridge. That's why the egg chamber tunnel dimensions are technically too big to have fitted inside the hull above

Now blow your minds...

I am not certain that we ever get a good estimation of the actual size of the Derelict ship.  In A L I E N, you either have long shots, which gives you no information...or you have Kane, Dallas and Lambert entering an orifice an the external hull.  That close-up shot does not give you any way to gauge the size of the Derelict craft, in relation to the size of a human.  At least, that is my recollection.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 17, 2011, 03:34:34 AM
I am not certain that we ever get a good estimation of the actual size of the Derelict ship.  In A L I E N, you either have long shots, which gives you no information...or you have Kane, Dallas and Lambert entering an orifice an the external hull.  That close-up shot does not give you any way to gauge the size of the Derelict craft, in relation to the size of a human.  At least, that is my recollection.

Actually, you can estimate it. :) A bunch of us did it a few years ago, by comparing the heights of the crew in the Jockey and egg chambers (and Jockey chair prop), respectively. You can then scale up.

I think SM has access to the actual dimensions which were estimated.

What I wrote above about the 'spaceship planet' was a joke, but in all seriousness, this is why I've always suspected the derelict is either a facility instead of a ship or it had simply docked onto a pre-existing cavern, built by a civilisation even older than its own construction: The underlying allegory being that the Space Jockey was exactly like the ill-fated Nostromo crew... It investigated and was doomed. Which puts a whole new foreshadowing spin on that scene where they find it.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 17, 2011, 05:43:11 AM
Quote from: deuterium on Dec 17, 2011, 03:34:34 AM

Actually, you can estimate it. :) A bunch of us did it a few years ago, by comparing the heights of the crew in the Jockey and egg chambers (and Jockey chair prop), respectively. You can then scale up.

I think SM has access to the actual dimensions which were estimated.

What I wrote above about the 'spaceship planet' was a joke, but in all seriousness, this is why I've always suspected the derelict is either a facility instead of a ship or it had simply docked onto a pre-existing cavern, built by a civilisation even older than its own construction: The underlying allegory being that the Space Jockey was exactly like the ill-fated Nostromo crew... It investigated and was doomed. Which puts a whole new foreshadowing spin on that scene where they find it.

If the Space Jockey found the cavern, built by another civilisation, then why are the walls constructed in the same bio-mechanical way as the Jockey's chamber?

ChrisPachi

Quote from: St_Eddie on Dec 17, 2011, 05:47:36 AMIf the Space Jockey found the cavern, built by another civilisation, then why are the walls constructed in the same bio-mechanical way as the Jockey's chamber?

It could be a double blind... the Space Jockeys created humans, then found a clue to the origins of their own species, went investigating and got wasted, then we go and find the Jockeys and get wasted as well. The moral of the story is; if you are alienated from you parents, don't go looking, because they could be trailer trash.

-Chris

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 17, 2011, 06:10:09 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Dec 17, 2011, 05:47:36 AMIf the Space Jockey found the cavern, built by another civilisation, then why are the walls constructed in the same bio-mechanical way as the Jockey's chamber?

It could be a double blind... the Space Jockeys created humans, then found a clue to the origins of their own species, went investigating and got wasted, then we go and find the Jockeys and get wasted as well. The moral of the story is; if you are alienated from you parents, don't go looking, because they could be trailer trash.

-Chris

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

thanks

rich

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed