NEW Prometheus scan from Premier Magazine (French Edition)

Started by RoaryUK, Dec 16, 2011, 01:37:39 AM

Author
NEW Prometheus scan from Premier Magazine (French Edition) (Read 35,917 times)

Kol

Quote from: RoaryUK on Dec 16, 2011, 01:37:39 AM
Check out this brand new scan from the French edition of Premier magazine.

i wonder if his expression would be fear... i hope we will see him acting as static as possible. he said in an early interview that he didn't watched the movies again, before filming. it sounds kind of a mistake, because ian holm & lance henriksen did, as usual, great work! but in the otherhand he keeps it fresh than, without copying one or the other.
i'm looking forward to his take of david.

ThisBethesdaSea

Each artist has their own interpretation, some need to view past work, others don't. Ridley was there to help him along however. :)

EEV-2501

A May 30th release date in France. Cool. I haven't noticed that before.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Dec 16, 2011, 04:11:35 PM

3) There will be some wormhole/time travel aspect in Prometheus to explaine the time issue.  This probably is the least desirable possibilty by most people, but some Prometheus synopsis of questionable origin mention the crew travelling through a wormhole and going back in time.

Well Ridley mentioned a "Back to the future" style plot in an interview and it all seemed inevitable with Lindelof taking part in the scriptwriting, so perhaps indeed

Swanajax

Thankyou mustangjeff and gash for your replies I really like those ideas, and I know exactly what you mean about the idea of time travel, I find the concept of time travel is used too often to cover up indecrepances in many sc-fi stories and plot lines. I also like the idea that the images we have seen are not of the derelict on lv426. I also noticed that the new images show the Prometheus crew in the urn room using no breathing equipment. Is this earth or another planet with a breathable atmosphere?

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Swanajax on Dec 16, 2011, 06:04:09 PM
Thankyou mustangjeff and gash for your replies I really like those ideas, and I know exactly what you mean about the idea of time travel, I find the concept of time travel is used too often to cover up indecrepances in many sc-fi stories and plot lines. I also like the idea that the images we have seen are not of the derelict on lv426. I also noticed that the new images show the Prometheus crew in the urn room using no breathing equipment. Is this earth or another planet with a breathable atmosphere?

I'm starting to wonder if the urn room w/giant head is actually a space jockey ship instead of a building.   In the leaked trailer there was an image of a ship exploding in the sky, and I wonder if that is this particular ship.  It didn't look like the derelict in that it appeared more circular, but it could be the explosion was covering the already fuzzy details.

Darkoo

EEV-2501

Space, The Final frontier.

Skylark Duquesne

Hi fellow Alien fans.
Mind if I give a shot at translation too ? Panda really got the gyst of the text but being a native Frenchman I believe I can better bring out the ironical tone of that article :

The project was first launched as an alien prequel, however that announcement was later denied, and then ambiguously confirmed again by scriptwriter Damon Lindelof ("the same DNA as Alien, with an entirely new mythology"). All the studio was willing to reveal was that the film would tell about the travel through space of a team of scientists looking for the beginnings of Mankind – one could hardly be more ambitious and esoteric. Hollywood sci-fi running high on metaphysical questionings ? The like of it had not been seen for thirty long years, since Blade Runner, directed by Sir Ridley Scott himself again. No wonder Prometheus is awaited with astronomical expectations. And the cast raises many hopes too. So far, the planets' alignment seems propitious...

(The historical datum no one cares about : according to ancient mythology, Prometheus created men from water and clay.)

jmd7340

Prometheus, out June 1st?

Just noticed that at the bottom of the picture...must be a typo or it got moved up a week.

JaaayDee

That's the UK release date.

jmd7340

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 16, 2011, 10:33:46 PM
That's the UK release date.

Damn.  Guess I'm moving to the UK...

Engineer1

NO. TIME. TRAVEL.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Dec 16, 2011, 06:28:15 PMI'm starting to wonder if the urn room w/giant head is actually a space jockey ship instead of a building.

Could be, but if you look at some of the leaked set photos there is a carved rock tunnel that seems to lead to a big 'door' that opens into what we might assume is the ampule room. The new magazine pictures show not the symmetrical structured walls of the ampule room but a more organic, rock like tunnel.

My guess is that it is an installation on the surface of a planet and not a space ship at all. It could even be on Earth, but the spacesuits seem to discount that idea - unless they are diving suits, as has been suggested here before.

-Chris

Engineer1

Another one i said month ago is coming back lol

Yeah the temple is also a ship.
There is 2 doors.
A massive stone door, then a biomechanical door.
The temple is the ship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed