Colonial Marines at PAX Prime & Gamescom

Started by ikarop, Aug 07, 2011, 08:03:43 PM

Author
Colonial Marines at PAX Prime & Gamescom (Read 16,459 times)

newbeing

Quote from: Helbound on Aug 15, 2011, 09:57:35 AM
Whats the point of PAX exactly? Wouldnt the point of having a booth be to advertise your product? Kindof dumb to advertise to only a small number of people and not allow them to record; resulting in free mass advertisement.
They might as well build a wall around the booth and say "No one is allowed to see whats on these screens.... no one!"   

But really, I have no idea what these expos are.

Have you ever seen Men In Black. The speech that Agent K gave J. "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

The build that Gearbox currently has is probably rather rough. Its an early example of gameplay. That fact is easy to explain to a few people in a small area, but even if you have it plastered at the beginning of the footage before releasing it to the masses, people will still point out all the flaws and immediately come to the conclusion that the final product will be bad.

It sucks for the fans and the people who can't attend the expo, but in the end its Sega protecting the image of the game. Many companies do this. In fact if I remember correctly most of the games at PAX were sort of hidden away. Mystery is sometimes more intriguing too I guess.

Chris!(($$))!

I still want to see it. :(

ikarop

Looks like there may be new assets released for Gamescom  :).

Chris!(($$))!

Video of some sort or I'm a sad panda.
So between Pax and Gamescon we MAY only get assets....

Ergh...  :P

newbeing

Give a mouse a cookie...

I remember when we'd kill and be happy with just a screenshot or even a tweet.

Chris!(($$))!

But at this point when we know they are showing it to Pax visitors (public) why can't they just show it to us as well?

newbeing

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Aug 16, 2011, 06:23:01 PM
But at this point when we know they are showing it to Pax visitors (public) why can't they just show it to us as well?

Who knows. All I can guess is that they think the game is currently too rough to show to a mass audience. PAX may be public, but it is still filtered.

ikarop

ikarop

PAX Prime begins this Friday and as you know Colonial Marines will be there.

When asked for comment on whether or not cameras will be allowed at the Sega booth, Sega told us: "There will be no need for cameras. :)".

Chris!(($$))!

Cool. It looks like we are all going to be happy by the end of summer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed