Alien: Isolation

Started by newbeing, Oct 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation (Read 68,408 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

This series used to be my favorite of all time.  Now I don't get my hopes up for anything related to the franchise.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Oct 21, 2013, 09:53:59 PM
QuoteThe protagonist of Alien: Isolation is Amanda Ripley, daughter of Ellen Ripley,
QuoteThere's only one alien for "most" of the game,
Quoteyou'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."
Quoteand the game is heavily inspired by the first Alien movie.

Now, let's talk about bullshit.

Heavily inspired by the first Alien movie? Are they joking? Did I miss the f**king clones and soldiers in the first movie or something?

Why don't we just throw in some f**king sharks with f**king laser beams attached to their f**king heads while we're at it?

This would have take place between the end of Alien and long before the start of Aliens, because I'm pretty sure Amanda dies an old lady before Ellen is found floating in space.

SPOILER ALERT: AMANDA SURVIVES AND DIES AN OLD LADY.

UPDATE: THE SEQUEL WILL BE "ALIEN: UP!"

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

They should make it into some sort of stealth game where, like in the first movie, the daughter ends up coming in contact with a ship that has been taken over by Aliens with her space crew of space something. Then Marines show up and are killing everything that moves including her and her crew on top of the aliens so you have to evade everyone.

FPS where you mostly shoot.... clones is ........ is kind of far from the whole Alien theme.

SM

SM

Mightn't be a bad idea to remember that the info being reported is 6 months old, and might not be still current.

Hemi

Hemi

Keyword here is "rumour".

And the fact that everyones panties is still in a twist from ACM.

Were's Andrews when you need him...

szkoki

szkoki

you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."

however shooting aliens all the time would take away the scare factor but...why really?
dont make this a shoot em up please...a sneaking mission avoiding the alert when the FEW members of the company tries to capture the alien  while you try to get off a space station would be awesome if its done right, not killing houndreds of soldiers with a pipe and pistol

hopefuly our blog writer didnt get the infos right...

Powerloader

Powerloader

Ripley's daughter gotta eat.

Aspie

Aspie

...what the hell is going on in here...

locusta

locusta

Oh, another ALIEN game.

I hear already the developers talking, how f**king big, big, f**king big time fans of the franchise they are and how dear they take the project to their heart. And totally wanna meet all demands of the fans, because it´s so freaking awesome to be part of that universe and have the ef´ing great opportunity given by Fox to add to the super franchise.

Ah. Oh yes, I hear it. I hear it crystal clear...

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 22, 2013, 04:27:15 AM
I agree with underbounds use of profanity in this situation.

*brofist*

Tired of the rehash bullshit.  I don't care much that there is one alien, but it would be nice to finally have a game that doesn't try to tie itself back into some other Alien related media in a major way.  f**k all this Weyland nonsense, this retconning of Aliens etc.

We haven't had a true standalone since 2001's  AvP2.  A game that I feel is much superior to anything we've gotten lately.  2010 would've been strengthened if they didn't try to tie Weyland back into it.

Leave Lance Henrickson alone.  He needs to get his Admiral Hackett on in Mass Effect.  I better not here Alien Isolation and Lance Henrickson in the same sentence.

Yes to this I F'ing hate that they turned Bishop/Wayland in to the equivalent of a soap opera villain.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

CA make good games. They are going in a new direction. Everything sounds good, they aren't running around saying its canon.

I'm placing my bet that the clones and soldiers bit has been overplayed, do you think a game with one alien in it will also have legions of other enemies to shoot?

They are aiming for AAA that will be a first for this franchise if they achieve it. Good luck to them.

TorsoInvader

TorsoInvader

ok....

Wow just wow I can't believe some one thought this was a good idea.

Dowly

Dowly

Just wait for an official word, Kotaku is like The Daily Mail of video games.

Dill-On

Dill-On

This news....

are you kidding me???????????????????

Script looks like my concept of the PC game from march 2013.

I'm waiting for my dream which comes true.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Aspie on Oct 22, 2013, 01:05:40 PM
...what the hell is going on in here...

Madness.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed