Should BLOMKAMP and SCOTT pursue story input from CAMERON?

Started by CainsSon, Aug 21, 2015, 03:16:53 AM

Author
Should BLOMKAMP and SCOTT pursue story input from CAMERON? (Read 9,539 times)

CainsSon

I feel like, if James Cameron could just come on board for a week to ponder over Blomkamp's script and make suggestions / adjustments to it's structure, that it would be the absolute best thing they could do to ensure the film's success!

whiterabbit

So you're saying that Bloomkamp and Scott should have a 3-way with Cameron.... oh god mah brain!

Chris!(($$))!

Imagine a Scott produced, Cameron written, Blomkamp directed...

Actually my personal preference would probably be Scott produced, Cameron written, Fincher directed.

Corporal Hicks

Whilst not necessarily Cameron, I do feel it'd be beneficial for Blomkamp to get some help in the script area with Alien 3.2. No idea who though - can't really think of any particular person who has impressed me of late.

whiterabbit

Isn't there any good horror script writers out there? Preferable in the sci-fi arena.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteShould BLOMKAMP and SCOTT pursue story input from CAMERON?

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 21, 2015, 11:32:16 AM
Isn't there any good horror script writers out there? Preferable in the sci-fi arena.

Can't think of any, and Alien 5 definitely needs to be horror.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Aug 21, 2015, 07:03:37 AM
Imagine a Scott produced, Cameron written, Blomkamp directed...

Actually my personal preference would probably be Scott produced, Cameron written, Fincher directed.

That would be incredible. The only person I might get more excited than Fincher's return over, might be George Miller.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 21, 2015, 01:32:37 PM
QuoteShould BLOMKAMP and SCOTT pursue story input from CAMERON?

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Most times I would agree except in this case, and maybe as a general rule, when you are making a sequel to any series passes the 2nd or 3rd, I think you need more eyes on the ball than less. I was thinking with Prometheus, Scotts visuals and perversity was present enough but both writers takes on the script coild have used a 3rd writer to polish it... It would be good if as a courtesey Cameron checked in on this. With Sigourney and Scott involved Im sure he will at least have the chance to read it. Whether he wants to make a statement... Who knows

NickisSmart

Quote from: Dan Grant on Aug 21, 2015, 03:42:26 PM

I said the same thing about Prometheus. Trailer packaged it as horror and it looked pretty good. : )

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CainsSon on Aug 22, 2015, 01:24:31 AM
Most times I would agree except in this case, and maybe as a general rule, when you are making a sequel to any series passes the 2nd or 3rd, I think you need more eyes on the ball than less. I was thinking with Prometheus, Scotts visuals and perversity was present enough but both writers takes on the script coild have used a 3rd writer to polish it... It would be good if as a courtesey Cameron checked in on this. With Sigourney and Scott involved Im sure he will at least have the chance to read it. Whether he wants to make a statement... Who knows

The problem with Scott, Blomkamp and Cameron all contributing towards the script is that you will now have three A-type personalities trying to impose their respective "visions" on the film. You'll basically end up with a "three captains, one ship" situation.

What you really need is a very good script doctor who can polish and refine the vision of only one of those three auteurs.

Gazz

Nah. Too many cooks.

Xenomorphine

That's only applicable if they all have an oar in the actual writing process. Merely being consulted is different.

And as I've written elsewhere, I suspect he already has been keyed in on what the story ideas were for the Scott/Cameron/Weaver project which never happened.

Would also be a little nervous, these days, about Cameron being involved. He apparently helped out with the story of 'Genisys', openly said he was pleased with the end result and look how that ended up.

Gazz

I'd rather Blomkamp commit to a vision of his own than go through the process of consulting Cameron for what will surely amount to nothing more than a marketing opportunity (see: Terminator Genisys).

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: NickisSmart on Aug 24, 2015, 01:16:59 PM
Quote from: Dan Grant on Aug 21, 2015, 03:42:26 PM

I said the same thing about Prometheus. Trailer packaged it as horror and it looked pretty good. : )

Except Prometheus wasn't horror, it was straight sci-fi thriller. I saw it on its debut night and not one person screamed. When Alien came out people were puking and running and screaming...

NickisSmart

That's my point. Is whatever the film is advertised as, it needs to be. I think a lot of people were disappointed with Prometheus because it wasn't what it was advertised as.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed