Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 11, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Author
Walter Hill Sent Sigourney Weaver a 50-Page Alien 5 Treatment! (Read 82,104 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Sep 02, 2022, 04:20:12 PMSo Walter's claiming Disney has no interest in more Ripley.

Wait, did Disney do something based? What timeline is this?

BlueMarsalis79

The same one where they hired Noah Hawley, tracks.   8)

[cancerblack]

Corporal Hicks

While I'd be very curious to learn more about Hill and Giler's pitch - you know me, I love my movie archaeology - and I'd love to see the Ripley 8 character explored more, I'm sure the pitch would be an alternate Alien 3 and I think Ripley should be laid to rest.

Master

I'd love to see Sigourney one more time, but as Ripley 8. Not Ripley, not in alternative Alien3.

BlueMarsalis79

That might be nice but I am certainly not clamouring for it.

XENOMORPHOSIS

I have mixed feelings on this, love the character and would be be open if she were to return in 1 or 2 last movies but that's it no more, didn't want to film series to suffer if centred on her constant inclusion if it feels out of place contrived and serve little point for the character. If she's to return treat it with poignance otherwise  tell a new story set in that world with a different protagonist.

SuperiorIronman

Unless Weaver was onboard with it I think it's the right call. If she isn't going to be like Arnold and want to come back, if there's no enthusiasm for it or a story to tell then I'd say it's better to leave it be.

It'd be a big deal, Resurrection was 25 years ago. But unless they have something they specifically need her for, let it go. We know how she dies, we know about the clone, and the fanbase had a pretty mixed response to all of that. I'd say unless you're going for a reboot or a send off because of 3 and 4 I don't think it's worth it.

Nightmare Asylum

Thinking about it, was this the only post-Covenant pitch for an Alien project that Ridley (seemingly) wasn't involved in at all? He was a producer on Blomkamp's film (for a while, at least, before the apparent falling out between the two), and through Scott Free he is producing both Hawley's show and Fede's film (and Fede's concept was even pitched to Ridley himself, originally).

BigDaddyJohn

Fede Alvarez's Alien, now that's something I wanna see.

razeak

I really dislike a big chunk of AR, but a Ripley 8 story isn't the worst idea ever now that the cat is out of the bag. 

A prequel with Ripley in flight school like Maverick where she is a loose cannon.....hahaha, but she learns to be a by the book person by the end. 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 04, 2022, 04:27:22 PMFede Alvarez's Alien, now that's something I wanna see.

Apparently 20th Century Studios has a panel at D23 next weekend; would love for this film to get some focus there. Would be neat to learn something about it.

Quote from: razeak on Sep 04, 2022, 04:37:10 PMI really dislike a big chunk of AR, but a Ripley 8 story isn't the worst idea ever now that the cat is out of the bag. 

Resurrection really works for me on the level of a really great Dark Horse comic (sub excellent art with Darius Khondji's cinematography). It's a wild movie, and in a lot of ways tonally/stylistically incompatible with the three prior films, but even still, it lives and breathes the hypersexualized oddities at Alien's core. I think Joss Whedon's script has a lot of issues, but the core ideas work for me, and Jean-Pierre Jeunet's directing sells it wholesale. Can't help but have a real soft spot for the film.

XENOMORPHOSIS

No offence but that interview with Rex Pickett in Alien 3 and how unprofessional David Giler and Walter Hill we're approving subpar writing that has soured/spoilt my respect towards David n Walter and not enthusiastic if they write an Alien movie, because Dan O Bannon & Ronald Shusett did the original script before revisions, degrees of David & Walters contributions were minimised before approving the final draft, and James Cameron was the main conceptualist and writer for Aliens, they only should've been involved in a producing capacity.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 04, 2022, 04:50:04 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 04, 2022, 04:27:22 PMFede Alvarez's Alien, now that's something I wanna see.

Apparently 20th Century Studios has a panel at D23 next weekend; would love for this film to get some focus there. Would be neat to learn something about it.

Quote from: razeak on Sep 04, 2022, 04:37:10 PMI really dislike a big chunk of AR, but a Ripley 8 story isn't the worst idea ever now that the cat is out of the bag. 

Resurrection really works for me on the level of a really great Dark Horse comic (sub excellent art with Darius Khondji's cinematography). It's a wild movie, and in a lot of ways tonally/stylistically incompatible with the three prior films, but even still, it lives and breathes the hypersexualized oddities at Alien's core. I think Joss Whedon's script has a lot of issues, but the core ideas work for me, and Jean-Pierre Jeunet's directing sells it wholesale. Can't help but have a real soft spot for the film.

I'm really looking forward to that panel then.

And I have a soft spot for AR too  ;)

marrerom

It's a shame that they don't think there is a story worth telling with Ripley #8. Thematically, she would present a compelling challenge to a David as she represents a union of both his creators and his creation. Damn, I really wish we could get a movie with those 2 characters meeting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed