Prometheus DVD Menu & Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 09, 2012, 07:49:27 PM

Author
Prometheus DVD Menu & Deleted Scenes Images (Read 39,834 times)

SpeedyMaxx

It's been talked about so much before - I thought I saw some scene listing which indicated it a while back, but I haven't looked at the listing of deleted scenes in a while.

Jango1201

I definitely prefer the theatrical cut for Holloway/Shaw scene although I now have a better understanding of his disappointments.

Dorian Gray

Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 10, 2012, 12:02:20 AM
Should do the trick..

Now if only there was a way to edit the Milburn vs Hammerpede scene to make it less retarded...  >:(  ;D  :D

Take out the "Here, kitty kitty" part.

Vepariga

that menu is awesome.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I'm not sure why the scene by the Christmas tree with Ellie telling the story - she was told - about the creation of life that actually underlines her motives and beliefs bit further was left out...

BTW, I see there are also scenes cut which feature more character development for Charlie...Actually something that was a bit lacking in the theatrical cut, especially since they were supposed to be a couple...

I can see why they cut the scene with sex, though, since there's another one and if there were two, it'd nullify the punchline...

zuzuki

I liked the cut scenes, it showed why Holloway whas so unimpressed with the findings, they talked about the engineers being chased or being infected in an outbreak. The scene with weyland and Vickers was cool and interesting because they referenced the damn squid in the other room. Makes you wonder how many things were cut,and how the original cut was. Ridley butchered this movie and i don't understand why they don't put a director's cut in the home release. I understand they had their resons for the theatrical cut,but on the blu-ray they could have put the original without regard for a rating or running time to fill more seats. It's a darn shame

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Thoughts:

Christmas tree scene was fine, just a small extension and more amusing Janek/Vickers material. Should've been kept in.

Fifield and Milburn finding the skin; aside from the fact that it's implied to be that of a Deacon breed, it's ultimately worthless. Felt like something that was never even in the shooting script but Ridley just decided to throw in to say "You know, there ARE other creature IN this movie". Lose it.

Shaw's speech was nice and fitting, but it should be cut right after the clash of the champagne(?) glasses, as the audio dip implies it was meant to be. The cut was placed there because Holloway comes it with rude drunkeness, which leads onto the next scene. This scene should be cut at the aforementioned moment.

The alternate version of Shaw and Holloway in their quarters was a good choice to swap out because it straight up made Holloway a drunken insensitive bastard. The scene in the theatrical release is much better as it keeps his intentions of a sweeter nature, having both of them make their cases on sober ground, and the sexual result is the same; and less forced feeling to boot. If the other version had been used, the intended impact when Holloway is killed would have been lessened. Lose it.

Vickers and David's comm chatter as she prepares to prevent the infection; a quick, badass scene for Vickers and more fun down talk from her to David. It felt like a spiteful queen ordering around her hyper competent subject, making it very cool. Makes me even wish, if it was in the movie, that David would have something to do with the death of Vickers in some indirect way... assuming she had to die. Definitely keep it.

Vickers talking to Weyland in an extended cut was mind-bogglingly better than what's in the theatrical cut. The scene had an actual emotional pull with it's newly added layer of dramatic tension between the two. Guy Pearce's performance is great and subtle, a portrait of denial, and Charlize Theron adds a lot of intensity to it when she begins to grill him on his choice, whereas in the theatrical cut she comes across as something of a pushover, and Weyland seems just seems like an utter bastard for the "Anything else" line. In the context of this alternate cut, she goes off on him, and he pushes her away, and in the theatrical cut it just comes across as cold. There is also a lack of dramatic music cue when she says "father" which makes it more bearable. Another thing is that the scene continues with Weyland sitting on the bed after Vickers exits... making the moment much more dramatically effective. One last thing that confuses me to no end is the fact that when Vickers puts her head down to Weyland's lap, the shot was originally cut on time with her movement, instead of awkwardly lingering on Weyland... unintentionally (I hope) imply oral sex. All in all, this scene kept extended is a must.

zuzuki

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 10, 2012, 08:32:23 AM
Thoughts:

Fifield and Milburn finding the skin; aside from the fact that it's implied to be that of a Deacon breed, it's ultimately worthless. Felt like something that was never even in the shooting script but Ridley just decided to throw in to say "You know, there ARE other creature IN this movie". Lose it.

Shaw's speech was nice and fitting, but it should be cut right after the clash of the champagne(?) glasses, as the audio dip implies it was meant to be. The cut was placed there because Holloway comes it with rude drunkeness, which leads onto the next scene. This scene should be cut at the aforementioned moment.

Near the skin there are marks in the dirt like the ones left by a snake. That is a hammerpede skin.
And i don't think it is a good idea to cut short the Holloway part. By having this also, he doesn't seem so out of place when they are examining the helmet. In that scene he was just sitting on that table and drinking and all of us were wondering why the hell he isn't impressed,just sites there unaffected. But in the deleted scene we get his reason,he is dissapointed in the finding and doesn't find pleasure in just another autopsy. The same in the bedroom scene. The only thing out of place in the bedroom scene was the last part when they started to hump eachother.Seemed forced.
I would kill for a 2 hour and  half cut of this movie.
When did they find the squid in the room? Did they all have a talk about Shaws ''abortion''. It seems there was a lot of stuff in there

Michael Harper

Can't be long until all the other Deleted / Alternative scenes have leaked online, right? I think I, like many others, am excited to see the Deleted Scene titled Paradise more than ANY of the ones that have already leaked! Oh, and the Alternative Opening also, can't forget that.

Keyes

Keyes

Okay I gave in and watched these deleted scenes... I'll save the rest for the Blu-ray, promise!

2 things...

1) Noomi gives good slap.

2) The scenes contain only production audio (a bit of ADR in the Strange Bedfellows scene), temp score, a bit of cgi and are not colour-graded. So basically they are unfinished but still pretty good none-the-less (good enough for fan edit!). Based on the iTunes menu pictures giving a 2hr 39min runtime, I'm pretty sure now these deleted scenes WON'T be integrated into the main cut, as they aren't full finished quality. Shame, but at least we're getting quite a bit of new material :)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I think the original (presumably) version of the Shaw/Holloway scene gives it both more bite and more dimension.  It plays off the disturbing sexual undercurrent of the original film - the consent issue when he first forces himself on her - but also expands on their motives after the first expedition, and leaves the viewer in, I think, a very realistic quandary when Holloway does die.  Charlie can be a real asshole but she loves him regardless, and he her, warts and all.  He sacrifices himself knowing he must die and I think his declaration of love at that moment is genuine.  From the sex scene to his death, it doesn't give you any easy way to feel about him.  He is an egotist and a pseudo-intellectual, and the alternate scene suggests he kept Shaw under his thumb.  But he loved her, and I think it leaves the general audience off kilter feeling two ways and I think that's appropriate.

I think the Vickers/Weyland scene as it was in the theatrical was decent.  It was sparse, but in the right way.  As a writer I think there's plenty of times too much dialogue kills something.  I liked the alternate, I would've kept most of it.  But there's a few spots there where I understand why they trimmed it.  The bit where she kisses his hand, he curls it into a fist says it all about their relationship, I think.  Take Alien - a lot of implicit depths of character is intuited by the audience from mere suggestion and a bare minimum of dialogue that is not simply plot functionality.  People have been debating whether Ripley and Dallas were f**king or how twisted Ash really was for decades.  Prometheus is not that film, but I'd have sooner found a happy medium between the two takes of the father-daughter scene.

T Dog

Cough cough, ahem
Spoiler
Can anybody tell me what is the proper DVD rip going around with proper sound and picture? I downloaded a 7gb .ISO yesterday and am looking for something smaller. Thanks
[close]

Vickers

Quote from: Daz85 on Sep 10, 2012, 10:00:01 AM
Okay I gave in and watched these deleted scenes... I'll save the rest for the Blu-ray, promise!

2 things...

1) Noomi gives good slap.

2) The scenes contain only production audio (a bit of ADR in the Strange Bedfellows scene), temp score, a bit of cgi and are not colour-graded. So basically they are unfinished but still pretty good none-the-less (good enough for fan edit!). Based on the iTunes menu pictures giving a 2hr 39min runtime, I'm pretty sure now these deleted scenes WON'T be integrated into the main cut, as they aren't full finished quality. Shame, but at least we're getting quite a bit of new material :)

They deleted scenes look complete to me.

PsyKore

What's Millburn doing licking the skin? Onya Millburn, get in there son! :laugh:

The only real thing I liked with the alternate Shaw/Holloway scene was the Blade Runner lighting going on. Very cool. But I agree with others; Holloway comes across way too assholery here, so I still prefer the theatrical version.

The Weyland/Vickers scene. I cannot believe they cut that so badly. Honestly, this is testament that art takes a backseat to business. Really unfortunate this was not in the theatrical.

T Dog

So what Rip are people getting?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed