Prometheus DVD Menu & Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 09, 2012, 07:49:27 PM

Author
Prometheus DVD Menu & Deleted Scenes Images (Read 40,145 times)

First Blood

I am gonna wait until Ridley releases Prometheus: The 10th Anniversary Definitive Ultimate Extended Unrated Final Cut.

Snowdog

Damn the Weyland/Vickers scene was so much better than what we got in the theatrical release :o I freaking love the scene and they f***ing cut it up........ Vickers knowing about the trilobite makes it even better.

Blacklabel

Probably around the time the sequel comes out :P (at worst) ..so they can sell a few more dvd's.

BIG BUSINESS!

Cvalda

The Blu-ray will have all the deleted scenes as well the original draft of the shooting script.

Blueprints for a fan edit ;D

Blacklabel

Should do the trick..

Now if only there was a way to edit the Milburn vs Hammerpede scene to make it less retarded...  >:(  ;D  :D

MrSpaceJockey

I challenge some one to recreate the original trailer with the sun monologue!

The 2 engineers at the falls, etc, etc.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 09, 2012, 11:46:57 PM
I am gonna wait until Ridley releases Prometheus: The 10th Anniversary Definitive Ultimate Extended Unrated Final Cut.

But then what about the workprint? And the final cut? And the hologram edition?

Finally going to watch the scenes for myself, anyways :)

hfeldhaus

will the dvd have the same extras as the blu ray? seems like distributors are trying harder to push blu ray sales these days by giving bonus content over dvd.

Cvalda

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 10, 2012, 12:18:22 AM
will the dvd have the same extras as the blu ray? seems like distributors are trying harder to push blu ray sales these days by giving bonus content over dvd.
No. The DVD only has a few deleted scenes on it that come to under 10 minutes only.

T Dog

WOW. The scene with Vickers and Weyland is 10 million times better. Definitely getting at a Blade Runner vibe.
And loving the nod with the Blade Runner light in the bedroom scene. Too bad Holloway is extra terrible. Don't really like the camera work though.

Quite a bit of the dialogue seems to come more to life in these extended non butchered scenes.

What's coming more and more apparent in these scenes though is that about 50% of the characters are miscast.
Weyland (I love Guy Pearce but the old man make up is silly), the scottish scientist lady is wooden and dull, Fifield actor plays it "generic pseudo-cool rebel" - stereotype, Holloway actor is baaaaaaaaad in those deleted scenes, Milburn is wooden and his accent is bad. The ships crew are under-written.

There DEFINITELY is a better movie there somewhere though. Definitely definitely.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 10, 2012, 12:19:57 AM
No. The DVD only has a few deleted scenes on it that come to under 10 minutes only.

10 and a half minutes, if its exactly what I just watched.

Anyways, I actually really liked the deleted scenes. Especially the Vickers/Weyland scene. Definitely better than the one in the film. Her saying "Father" still felt a bit forced, but the scene as a whole was just much better, and I loved that they mentioned the Trilobite. I really hope there's a scene somewhere where Shaw actually tells the remaining crew about her 'child'. Other smaller ones like the Christmas tree, the Hammerpede skin, and and maybe the sun story would also make great additions to the film, just to flesh it out a bit more. Oh, the one with Shaw watching the recording, too.

As for the alternate Shaw/Halloway sex scene, I think I prefer the theater one. They getting in bed after that exchange just felt...forced, maybe? And drunk Holloway really was an asshole in these clips...

Cvalda

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 10, 2012, 12:28:18 AM
What's coming more and more apparent in these scenes though is that about 50% of the characters are miscast.
Only Logan Marshall-Green and Rafe Spall are miscast, I'd say. The rest are just undercut by being stuck with poor material and indifferent direction.

T Dog

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 10, 2012, 12:31:28 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 10, 2012, 12:28:18 AM
Only Logan Marshall-Green and Rafe Spall are miscast, I'd say. The rest are just undercut by being stuck with poor material and indifferent direction.

I think that Holloway, Fifield and Milburn need to be toned down, more real and less animated.
The scottish lady needs to turn it up a few notches. She's like a bad two line actress from a hospital show.

SpeedyMaxx

So yeah, I caved.  The sun speech should've gone back in, because it helps drive home that it's a film about exploration a la Forbidden Planet moreso than a monster-on-a-ship movie.  I also think the Holloway/Shaw substitution was a mistake, after seeing this one.  There is a gorgeous, incredible shot in the theatrical sequence of the rose slipping through the holographic screen which is up there with any iconic image Ridley Scott has ever created, but the angry version of the scene is better and tells us more about both people, more bitter and coarse a la BR and Alien.  The angry sex also inserts that layer of disturbing, uncomfortable sexuality the films have always played in.  At the same time I know that if the scene had gone in there would be people calling Scott a misogynist online.

The Vickers/Weyland scene, I liked some of the sparse silences in the original version.  But there are some great lines here, especially "you used to have so much grace."

I have really no quibbles about the casting.  They all do what they're supposed to do.  Holloway is who he is.  "They're all dead.  So that means that we are all alone."  He wants to stand next to the gods because he wants very much to feel himself breathing in their rarefied air.  In the end he gets that, but not in the way he would have hoped.  I love Rafe Spall and just want more of him, but I want more of him in everything he's in.

Kate Dickie never got enough.  That's my only real complaint, character-wise.  I understand why the film was cut down to do more daily and make more money, and it did that.  And neither Alien nor Aliens ran much longer than 120 in theatrical release, so I understand the precedent and I think this is the third best in that series.  But I think that after years in the wilderness and one financially successful revival, the sequel can afford to go for a longer-running time for P2.  Or so I hope.

Cvalda

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 10, 2012, 01:19:06 AM
At the same time I know that if the scene had gone in there would be people calling Scott a misogynist online.
wut

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed