Quote from: Kradan on Feb 21, 2021, 10:07:25 PM
Yeah, and then you blow up Marines as Xeno by just jumping at them

Man that E key was some godsend gift !

Kradan

Kradan

IKR ?  :D

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

So are the Xenos in Aliens supposed to be blueish like on screen or the brownish color from behind the scenes?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yes.

Eighty-Five

Eighty-Five

They look bluish because of the lighting and colour correction. Humans in those same scenes don't exactly appear to have natural skintones either.

And since they're supposed to be the same species as the creature in Alien I'd imagine they're supposed to have the more neutral-tones look of the original when seen under white lights.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah Eighty-Five's right.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Fun useless fact : did you know that eighty five is called sixty five in the french dubbed version ? I never quite got why. Voilà !

Eighty-Five

Eighty-Five

If I remember my A-level Psychology correctly, some older IQ scales capped out at a lower number than the current one. Maybe it's a conversion to the French system of the time?

Alternatively, they decided 85 wasn't low enough to convey stupidity, since its only really a step below average IQ.

Or maybe a typo by the translator, who knows? In the French version of Transformers, Starscream was a woman so it's hardly the weirdest example of lost in translation out there.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Eighty-Five on Feb 26, 2021, 12:35:49 PM
If I remember my A-level Psychology correctly, some older IQ scales capped out at a lower number than the current one. Maybe it's a conversion to the French system of the time?

Alternatively, they decided 85 wasn't low enough to convey stupidity, since its only really a step below average IQ.

Or maybe a typo by the translator, who knows? In the French version of Transformers, Starscream was a woman so it's hardly the weirdest example of lost in translation out there.

Yeah totaly possible. Although to be fair, I never thought eighty (sixty ?) five appeared THAT stupid anyways.

SiL

SiL

Anything below 100 is below average.

I'd guess the French version is 65 because soixante-cinq fits the dubbing/is a faster, more disparaging number than quatre-vingt-cinq.

Eighty-Five

Eighty-Five

That makes sense. Less of a mouthful.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I have a question, is what Ridley Scott says off screen about Xenomorphs considered canon or no?

SiL

SiL

That depends on who you ask and what they consider canon.

SM

SM

And whether what he says matches up with what's on screen.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I see, thank you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed