Alien - Colony War

Started by felix, Oct 09, 2021, 10:26:43 PM

Author
Alien - Colony War (Read 44,162 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Corporal Hicks

skhellter

skhellter

ouch

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And I didn't even touch everything that disappointed me. I just ran out of energy to go into more. I was really disappointed by this one. More so than any of the others.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm about six or seven chapters in and I'm honestly debating whether I'll finish it.

And I've never not finished an Alien novel.

skhellter

skhellter

actually. finish it. Write a proper mean review and log it on goodreads.com

Publishers, writers and editors use that site a LOT.
If you want your opinion known outside of the alien fanbase...

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2022, 12:06:50 PMWritten review - https://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/alien-colony-war/

It's always a pleasure reading your reviews although I'd argue that this novel wasn't as much of a let down as the Isolation novelization or Covenant: Origins. So I'd rank it above those two books from Titan but nonetheless the rest of your criticisms were completely valid.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Xiggz456 on May 25, 2022, 11:59:01 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2022, 12:06:50 PMWritten review - https://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/alien-colony-war/

It's always a pleasure reading your reviews although I'd argue that this novel wasn't as much of a let down as the Isolation novelization or Covenant: Origins. So I'd rank it above those two books from Titan but nonetheless the rest of your criticisms were completely valid.

I actually agree that I find those two more offensive, although in qualitative terms, Colony War's probably the worst one for me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not a huge fan of either, but they both had more redeeming factors and general entertainment value than I found in Colony War.

Stitch

Stitch

I've just realised something after reading the review (good work BTW, has made me feel justified in not getting it).
I've been reading 3WExit as three-wexit. But the 3 is supposed to be a B isn't it? It's Bwexit. Like how Harry Enfield's Tory Boy would pronounce brexit.

Damn. Just... Damn.

Kradan

Kradan

Ok, could somebody please explain to me what is Brexit and why is it so important ? I know nothing about it other than the word itself and the fact it was brought up by Patrick Stewart during the interviews for Picard and in this book

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Kradan on May 26, 2022, 07:41:15 PMOk, could somebody please explain to me what is Brexit and why is it so important ? I know nothing about it other than the word itself and the fact it was brought up by Patrick Stewart during the interviews for Picard and in this book

Quick version: UK voting to leave the EU in 2016, which had cultural, immigration, and economic ramifications.

Kradan

Kradan

But why is UK leaving EU is such a big deal ?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on May 26, 2022, 08:45:39 PMBut why is UK leaving EU is such a big deal ?
It divided the country in a way not really ever seen before, causing massive cultural divide. It was also sold on the idea that the country would be massively better off if we were out of the EU, and so far that seems to have been a bunch of lies.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on May 26, 2022, 08:45:39 PMBut why is UK leaving EU is such a big deal ?
Many people voted for it based on a bunch of lies that it would improve quality of life in Britain and help Britain return to its former glory.

One of the popular lies was that the money that was sent to the EU would be put into healthcare.

It was not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed