Aliens Artbook (A 35th Anniversary Visual Celebration of the Sci-Fi Classic)

Started by Prez, Dec 11, 2020, 06:39:03 AM

Author
Aliens Artbook (A 35th Anniversary Visual Celebration of the Sci-Fi Classic) (Read 14,851 times)

Corporal Hicks

Out today apparently. Lots of art from it hitting Twitter.

Xiggz456

Amazon has it listed for Dec 28th here in the States. The release date has moved so many times on this one it's hard to keep track!

HuDaFuK

Yeah, Amazon UK clearly haven't got it yet because I've had it on pre-order for a while and I've heard nothing.

Loving that picture though!

Kradan

Aaaaaw, look at this xeno with baby-sized arms. Ain't he cute ?

Love the twist on the classic Aliens logo though

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 18, 2021, 07:56:16 PM
Yeah, Amazon UK clearly haven't got it yet because I've had it on pre-order for a while and I've heard nothing.

Honestly, it just seems like Amazon never gets its stock for Titan releases on time. Alien, Halo, Predator, anything published by Titan and purchased through Titan never arrives for release.

BlueMarsalis79

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Turns out I pre-ordered from Awesome Books, not Amazon. It's showing as in stock on their site but I've not heard anything so I emailed them to complain yesterday. They said they'd look into it and get back to me but I just received a shipping notification from Hermes that I'm guessing is this book.

My copy just arrived. It's wound up being an early birthday present to myself :D

Only had a very cursory flick through it so far but suffice to say it looks amazing, and a considerable step up on the last art book. Really wide array of art styles - from cartoons to photo-realistic, funny to genuinely horrific. Some truly magnificent pieces in there. Especially liking some of the alternative movie poster ideas.

Recommend it big time.

Corporal Hicks

Picked my copy up today. I'm going to do a video highlighting some of my favourite pieces but it's such a good book. Some genuinely great stuff in here. Some really fantastically rendered likeness of Sigourney and co. Some incredible stylized pieces, and me ol' mate Declan Loftus even has a piece in here! And best of all...that AvP promo is nowhere to be f**king seen!

StrangeShape

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2022, 05:34:42 PM
Picked my copy up today. I'm going to do a video highlighting some of my favourite pieces but it's such a good book. Some genuinely great stuff in here. Some really fantastically rendered likeness of Sigourney and co. Some incredible stylized pieces, and me ol' mate Declan Loftus even has a piece in here! And best of all...that AvP promo is nowhere to be f**king seen!

Looking forward to it as Im not sure whether to get it or not

Nightmare Asylum

And best of all...that AvP promo is nowhere to be f**king seen!

Check out the Neon Gore piece again. ;)

Kradan

Hey, you don't talk like that about AvP promo. It's a masterpiece of modern art, goddamit !  >:(

HuDaFuK

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 04, 2022, 10:01:44 PMLooking forward to it as Im not sure whether to get it or not

I'd absolutely recommend it. I thought it was leagues better than the 40 Years book. Some really great art in it.

StrangeShape

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 05, 2022, 03:55:28 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 04, 2022, 10:01:44 PMLooking forward to it as Im not sure whether to get it or not

I'd absolutely recommend it. I thought it was leagues better than the 40 Years book. Some really great art in it.

The 40 years book is what keeps me away. It was full of AVP aliens

HuDaFuK

Don't worry, none of that in this.

A few traces based on stills from the film, but to be fair it is a tribute to the movie. In general I thought the art was fantastic.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 05, 2022, 01:48:53 AM
And best of all...that AvP promo is nowhere to be f**king seen!

Check out the Neon Gore piece again. ;)

I somehow completely missed that one. On the bright side, it's mostly just the pose. Actual detail is mostly Stan's!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed