Alien/Predator Novel Reviews

Started by Hudson, Aug 19, 2014, 04:55:43 PM

Author
Alien/Predator Novel Reviews (Read 71,081 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Respectfully disagree on the former point.

Cauldron had a fair few decent moments throughout, and took a while to really go to pot. Steel Egg was basically shite from the moment they find the titular egg in the opening pages.

Shame because it has probably my favourite cover art from that run.

Corporal Hicks

f**king Griff.  :-X

Kradan

Kradan

Who ?

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Larry  :laugh:

Gentleman Death

Finished Steel Egg and I got to say that this last run of novels haven't met up to the previous Bantam ones.

I'm still digesting it but it had moments I didn't mind and started to lose me the more the author introduced the Giff species and their flying Diamond shaped hover boards...ugh...

Reynolds was a rather interesting character for being a piece of shit ha. I wouldn't have minded more insight from his point of view.

The UNIC, CANC and the company description were interesting in setting up what earth was going through in regards to planetary exploration and settlements. I also really liked how the author described the facehuggers attack on the humans, I felt he made the most descriptive explanation on how they attack ones face.

Other than that, it was a mess. Each time they were in the steel egg spaceship I just rolled my eyes and hoping they'd move on. The description of the Giff species was kinda confusing to me and the author really focused on them, it took it from a horror type of novel to fantasy, and not in a good way.

Maybe if he left out the Giff and diamond skateboards it would've grabbed me more, who knows.

Other than that there really isn't much more to say about it, honestly. It was kinda just bland, blah...

Up next is Criminal Enterprise...

SM

SM

Criminal Enterprise was probably the best of the DHP run.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Aug 24, 2020, 11:43:16 AM

I completely get this now

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Aug 27, 2020, 10:03:52 PM

The Aliens side of it, absolutely.

A couple of the Predator books have it beat for me.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Aug 27, 2020, 10:08:40 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Aug 24, 2020, 11:43:16 AM

I completely get this now

LOL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 28, 2020, 09:28:43 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 27, 2020, 10:03:52 PM

The Aliens side of it, absolutely.

A couple of the Predator books have it beat for me.

Agreed that Criminal Enterprise was indeed the best of the Aliens DHP run but the latter two DHP Predator novels were far superior to any of the Aliens ones. Really not sure why Titan hasn't rereleased them in omnibus form.

SM

SM

Just read I Was A Teenage Lesbian Alien Killer again.  Very straight forward story told well with a refreshing approach.

Corporal Hicks

Took me a moment. Echo?

Gentleman Death

Quote from: SM on Aug 30, 2020, 04:49:50 AM
Just read I Was A Teenage Lesbian Alien Killer again.  Very straight forward story told well with a refreshing approach.

I might just have to read that next 😎

SM

SM

Kradan

Kradan

Now I'm intrigued to check it out

FatStu

FatStu

Finished Out Of The Shadows by Tim Lebbon. The way Ripley was shoehorned in had me scratching my head... But generally speaking I quite enjoyed it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed