Alien/Predator Novel Reviews

Started by Hudson, Aug 19, 2014, 04:55:43 PM

Author
Alien/Predator Novel Reviews (Read 71,050 times)

SM

SM

Best of that trilogy in spite of the missed opportunities.

Kradan

Kradan

I want Hadley's Hope Fall story so badly. River of Pain was almost there

FatStu

FatStu

Just finished Predator Incursion. Rather enjoyed it!

Corporal Hicks

I'm due a re-read of the Rage War myself, but I remember really enjoying the series. My only real quibbles were in Incursion and they were gone for the rest of the series.

FatStu

FatStu

Alien Invasion was brilliant. These would make GREAT films.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think I liked Invasion the least out of the three. That's not to say it's in any way bad, I just enjoyed the other two more.

Really liked their epic scope. A welcome change to the standard formula of isolated events, and well-executed to boot. I do wonder how intentional the parallels with the Mass Effect trilogy were though.

FatStu

FatStu

Just finished Aliens Vs Predator: Armageddon. Huge fun, great trilogy. Do like Tim Lebbon.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

It is a really solid trilogy. There's also a short story in both Aliens: Bughunt and Predator: If It Bleeds by Lebbon that feature Halley before the events of the trilogy.

Wweyland

Wweyland

What's the consensus on the worst book in the whole Alien/Predator/AvP line? I am voting for The Predator novelization, Predator: Forever Midnight and Alien Covenant: Origins probably in that order.

FatStu

FatStu

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Sep 25, 2020, 02:26:46 PM
It is a really solid trilogy. There's also a short story in both Aliens: Bughunt and Predator: If It Bleeds by Lebbon that feature Halley before the events of the trilogy.

Yeah, Ive got that. Will dig in soon.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 25, 2020, 09:29:43 PMWhat's the consensus on the worst book in the whole Alien/Predator/AvP line?

Steel Egg, with Forever Midnight a close second.

Those two were comfortably worse than everything else, I thought.

SM

SM

Cauldron.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: SM on Sep 26, 2020, 09:23:26 PM
Cauldron.

Good god this book was horrible. And Steel Egg ugh

Tichinde

Tichinde

Okay, so I finished "The Predator: Hunters and Hunted" and I have a few complaints but it was a decent book, very good at building up the human characters.

Spoiler
Okay so this is the one that took me out of the universe the most. The Predator constantly talks about honoring the hunt and being really skilled for his race yadda yadda. He talks about how good he is, about how he's an honorable hunter and he breaks the code quite a few times. So he kills a dog with a smart disc (dog's aren't really worthy prey for an 8 ft tall monster), I guess as he says "this wasn't hunting, this was survival" but I didn't really understand that to be honest. He's running through the marsh of Florida, why the f**k does he stop and kill a dog and the humans walking it? just weird, maybe he was hungry, since he skins one of the humans leg and eats it. Also, if he was this ELITE hunter that is so good, why does he have trouble with an American Alligator? I'm not saying the American Alligator isn't a powerful specimen... but this is a far stretch away from South China sea's Predator wrestling a 20 foot crocodile and winning fairly easy. He literally gets hit by an alligator, I just don't get it. Pred seemed so underpowered and that really kinda took me out of the story.
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Can't say I had any problems with it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed