AvP2 R-Rated Trailer Review

Started by Darkness, Aug 29, 2007, 08:32:06 PM

Author
AvP2 R-Rated Trailer Review (Read 14,428 times)

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

"he fact that he's holding two by the neck with one arm each and they haven't overtaken him or are not even retaliating with their long-ass arms and tail (which have a nasty 7'-8' reach) is already very hard to believe."  Same shit everywhere...This scene is very good, and you see only a second, so relax, until you see the movie.

automirage04

automirage04

I can belive that a pred could hold 2 Aliens up, one arm each.  A) They are partially submerged in water, alleviating some of the weight, which I'm guessing is about 200-250 pounds?  B) Preds are mighty. We know this. One beat the piss out of Dutch in a one on one fight, and he was a huge man.  C) The scene we saw was a second-and-a-half long. That could be the only second-and-a-half that the Aliens were being held like that. It made for a good shot to use in a trailer, but I doubt it is going to appear the same way in the movie.  Also, there HAVE to be more than two aliens, because the female lead says in the trailer that "the town is overrun". "Overrun" would be a stretch with only 2 aliens and a predalien.

Internecivus Raptus

Internecivus Raptus

The Aliens also acted way to calm when being grabbed by the neck. They should be thrashing like crazy, not saying necessarily Wolf couldn't lift that weight, but the aliens looked at least like they were giving him way too easy a time of it. It's still a cool shot though.

Sgt.Hudson

Sgt.Hudson

guys look in the back roud of the two aliens vs the pred. i see chains of the left alien and red beams n the back. it was a trap

Hicks

Hicks

IRT YutaniDitch:  I'm far from a fanboy. This is honestly the first time in many years that I've actually had a reason to be excited about the film franchise that I've been following for 20 years.  And keep in mind, I reviewed the trailer, not the film. Most of the points you brought up (good dialogue, good acting, good story) weren't included in the trailer, so why would I review them? We couldn't get a sense of any of that in a 2 minute action-packed trailer. That's hardly whitewashing.  For someone who's critical of my thought process, you're not making a whole lot of sense yourself...

Danger Close

Danger Close

Good job Hicks.

zen

zen

I totaly agree with Hicks!!!.You cant judge a book by its cover!.If i were to judge every movie i saw based on the trailer,i whould never go to the theaters,rent a movie or even watch TV!.And as for the predalien:Aliens are exceptionaly hard to kill!,as are predators!,so theres no garanty that it dies!,and for that matter you dont even know if the wolf dies either!.Ive watched dozens of trailers that showed the ending,that does'nt meen that the movie was'nt good!.So how can you base every thing on this trailer and this trailer alone?!.And besides,EVERY TRAILER ON THE PLANET IS A SPOILER!!!!.

scarace

scarace

zen is right...maybe it gets stronger with every fight won like on the game(predalien)..which of course would make it almost invincible..but totally awesome!   :P  

automirage04

automirage04

Heeheeehee.  Hicks pwned you guys.  Also, as a correction to my previous comment, it was a man who said the town was overrun, not the female lead :P

scarface

scarface

true...

scarface

scarface

oh..and the green bands been on youtube for a week now but fox took it back....indian givers   >:(  

Bio Mech Hunter

If Wolf was using two arms to lift a single alien, that would be much more believable (albeit suicide) than lifting two with one each (or maybe he's on steroids   :D  ).  However, it's possible the two aliens are still standing (of course I don't know what the Strause Bros. intended and it's difficult to discern from such a quick shot). Alien warriors are typically a little under a foot taller than most predators. So either Wolf's crouched a little bit while holding them, he's unusually tall for a pred, or the Strause Bros. decided 8' foot tall alien warriors was too much.   :D    I think I have the most problem with the warriors not retaliating viciously or intelligently (especially with Wolf being directly in the "death circle" of two warriors).  I don't believe they can be classified as sentient, but they're surprisingly intelligent and very cunning. They're easily underestimated, and that's a very costly mistake.

Thundercleese

Thundercleese

Why is it so hard to believe that a predator would have trouble picking up an alien? Did you even see predator 1 and watch how easily he lifted dutch up to inspect him? Aliens are not exactly bulky heavy creatures.  Looks like this move will be quite fun to watch since they showed right of the bat the predator is merciless and willing to kill just about anything. (lol @ guy getting drenched  by acid when the predator blows the alien's head off)

zen

zen

Weight of a human:150-200 pnds,wt of a predator:350-400 pnds,wt of a xenomorph:250-550 pnds,wt of queen:6500+ pnds.Height of human:5-6 ft,ht of pred:7+ ft,ht of drone:4-6-8+ ft,ht of queen:15+ ft.Rate of intelegence:Drone,queen,human,predator.Being  a highly skilled hunter and knowing what nerves to hit to paralize your enemy:Priceless.

Renderofveils

Renderofveils

I find it funny that people think that the dreads on the predalien go too far.  Even in the first Dark Horse AVP comics they had dreads.  It's not something new.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed