Godzilla
99 (75%)
King Kong
25 (18.9%)
I don't know?
8 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,502,080 times)

ace3g

ace3g

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

for those interested, I am currently working on a behind-the-scenes project of the 1998 film, which will include a website and a documentary on youtube. So stay tuned for next May! The narrator of the documentary is also a nifty surprise for all Alien scholars

Next year will be also a chance to talk about the various Godzillas on my blog, including Shin (which surprisingly shares a lot in common with the 1998 film)

Rewatching Godzilla films recently, one can identify how the Showa Godzilla goes from ghost of the atomic horror to what essentially amounts to a ronin - a mysterious stranger that saves a town from a villain, only larger in scale. The same pattern goes in the Heisei series with a different, darker spin, whereas the Millennium series is a series of branch-off narratives that reboot from the original. All very interesting stuff that is not often talked about

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

now I want to show chubby gigan to the progeny I don't have

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Working title for the GVK sequel:

https://twitter.com/KDM_Monsters/status/1553593808134217728

Lots of set pics on this Twitter account if you scroll through it, too.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 31, 2022, 11:55:00 AMWorking title for the GVK sequel:

https://twitter.com/KDM_Monsters/status/1553593808134217728

Lots of set pics on this Twitter account if you scroll through it, too.

Hollow Earth origins story?  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

Kong is gonna be fighting monsters ? No way !

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

QuoteThe MonsterVerse Has Taken Yet Another Titan-Sized Step Forward
By Mike Reyes published about 2 hours ago

Let them fight...AGAIN!

After the huge success of 2021's Godzilla vs. Kong, it didn't take long for Warner Bros. to secure co-writer/director Adam Wingard for a sequel. This year has been particularly good to that project, as one huge leap saw this untitled sequel dated to be released in March 2024. Now another Titan-sized forward has been taken with this upcoming movie, as the next MonsterVerse movie has officially started filming!

Per an announcement made by Legendary Pictures, the follow-up to Godzilla vs. Kong is now underway in Queensland, Australia. Mixing a cast of familiar and fresh faces, this new adventure is still somewhat of a mystery. Though we do have some more clues as to what exactly is going on, as the press release announcing the start of production did include the following synopsis:

QuoteThis latest entry follows up the explosive showdown of Godzilla vs. Kong with an all-new cinematic adventure, pitting the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence – and our own. The epic new film will delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever.

Even more exciting than the plot for this new MonsterVerse installment is the roster of new and returning actors that will branch out this expansion of the Godzilla and Kong mythos.

The untitled Godvilla vs. Kong sequel is set to release in theaters on March 15, 2024. In the meantime, you can revisit the MonsterVerse in its entirety if you're an HBO Max subscriber; as several of those films are currently streaming on that particular platform.

Source: Cinema Blend

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

"a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world"

I look forward to this piece of Bioengineering  ;D 

...though something original wouldn't bother me. I really liked MUTO 8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Maybe it's Megalon? He was from a subterranean civilization last I heard.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I had no idea about that, but since the name reminded me of Megalodon, I decided to google it. The most striking thing was a bunch of Polynesian-looking dancers performing a ceremony around a chrome-colored moai and a giant cockroach man, apparently the guardian of said civilization. Sounds more surreal than campy in written form. ;D

SiL

SiL

They're filming scenes at a local high school. Drove past the crew location signs earlier today.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed