About modding sound files

Started by Nightwolf, Feb 17, 2013, 12:00:15 AM

Author
About modding sound files (Read 2,401 times)

Nightwolf

Nightwolf

I'm pretty sure this is in the wrong place but I followed the guide to mod but where exactly are the sound files for AvP2010?

I'm specifically looking for the Alien sound files so I can mod them. Are the Queen and Praetorian there as well?

ikarop

ikarop

Depends on what you're trying to mod. Multiplayer.asr has the sounds used in MP only. If you want to extract the Queen sounds then you need to find the level where these are used and unpack those source files (for e.g. the Refinery files).

Nightwolf

Nightwolf

I'm interested in modifying SP Alien files for the Alien Campaign. So I have to open the levels files?

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Nightwolf on Feb 17, 2013, 12:14:11 AM
I'm interested in modifying SP Alien files for the Alien Campaign. So I have to open the levels files?

In order to find the sound you want to use the replace the others, yes. For creating the add-on you can use any .asr files that contain the sound you want to replace. It will work in both SP and MP if installed correctly.

Nightwolf

Nightwolf

When I extract the .asr files, they only contain the sound of claws and tails. No weapons, no taunts or any other creature .wav files.
So where exactly do I find all the alien sound files? Which .asr file?

ikarop

ikarop

Which ones are you extracting?

Nightwolf

Nightwolf

I wish to change the way Aliens sound. I want to change the way they roar, taunt and scream to more traditional ones seen in the films. Just a simple sound file change.

I'm looking for Predator roars too. I want to change they trophy sound file too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed