Technical Issues & Questions

Started by yaji, Aug 23, 2010, 09:34:06 PM

Author
Technical Issues & Questions (Read 22,183 times)

yaji

yaji

Yay i did it! But I have a question. Why my skin is working only in Multiplayer mode ?  ???

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: yaji on Aug 23, 2010, 09:34:06 PM
Yay i did it! But I have a question. Why my skin is working only in Multiplayer mode ?  ???
No, they work in SP too, but you gotta edit the .lts for every level you want them on.

Adey

Adey

these just for pc

Adey

Adey

again, are mods only doable on pc? i hope not as the plasma canon sounded sweet and the vision pulsing

Undel

Undel

Quote from: Adey on Aug 24, 2010, 04:00:44 AM
again, are mods only doable on pc? i hope not as the plasma canon sounded sweet and the vision pulsing

Yup, mods are only doable on PC.

yaji

yaji

I have a question. Why in hell this game uses grey normal maps, and why they have got an alpha channel ?

Eldritch

Eldritch

I know! I know! ;)

Google it.

yaji

yaji

Google is for weak, I figured it out by myself. You can use standard blue ones, and the alpha channel is in fact a displacement map.

Wilson The Predator Mask:

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

I found that my BSP Skin got some problem

Undel

Undel

Quote from: alanwu1233 on Aug 26, 2010, 04:35:56 PM

It looks like you haven't replaced the color texture, just the normal map. Be sure you have the file "Berserkermaskcolor.en" listed on Multiplayer.lst.

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Quote from: Undel on Aug 26, 2010, 05:51:43 PM

It looks like you haven't replaced the color texture, just the normal map. Be sure you have the file "Berserkermaskcolor.en" listed on Multiplayer.lst.
Claw work for Berserker Skin too ???

Cap. Fitzgerald

^ That looks way too epic!

Undel

Undel

Quote from: alanwu1233 on Aug 27, 2010, 01:33:04 AM
Quote from: Undel on Aug 26, 2010, 05:51:43 PM

Claw work for Berserker Skin too ???

Please read the guide:

QuoteFinally note plenty of the game resource files are shared between 3D models (Alien body textures, some biomask's Normal maps, Predator body textures, Marine armors, etc...)

Dark, Claw and Stalker predators share the same normal map.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

There's no need to put all the XXXX.en file in the right folder.
I advise you to put all the stuff (made & download) into one folder 'cutom' (create it) and then you only have to use the appropriate .lst files to browse the files ( Custom\XXXX.en ).

Undel

Undel

Indeed. I believe it was mentioned on the guide, but I guess it wasn't clear enough and eventually mixed up with the SP/MP thing. Should be corrected by now.

Actually you can even have your modded files outside the AvP folder, just need to set correctly the path of your mod (for eg: C:\PROGRAM FILES\Mods\XXX.en) on the .lst file where you want to apply it and it will work just fine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed