Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 297,009 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 09:43:34 AM
"Everything is canon."
That'd make a great song.

Aquarius8

Aquarius8

I guess the uproar from Alien 3 and Alien:R fans worked.  I just saw Niel's statement.  But it still makes no sense.  How can you pick up from "Aliens" and have Ripley and Hicks alive without changing what happen in 3 and Resurrection?  I'm confused by his statement.  Unless it takes place After "Alien: R" and Ripley 8 is still a Clone and Hicks is a Clone or Andriod they used his DNA to recreate him.

Also for the people that say "Just do a new story without Ripley".  Sorry, that's like the new "Star Wars' Episode VII movie not having Han, Luke or Leia or the new Terminator movie not having Arnold (When they didn't have Arnold it flopped).   When people think Alien they think Ripley, I'm talking about general audences.  I know the world is large and it's bigger than Ripley but she's the central character.  As great as "Alien 3" was to me a child, killing off Ripley wasn't a great move for the franchise cause she's just a great character that should live on.  She had such a tragic ending in Alien 3.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Aquarius8 on Feb 27, 2015, 11:13:21 AMHow can you pick up from "Aliens" and have Ripley and Hicks alive without changing what happen in 3 and Resurrection?

Who says they're even in it? Weaver has made it clear she's far from signed on, and I still find it hard to believe they'd put out concept art of stuff they're seriously working on.

The fact is, nothing has been confirmed yet.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Aquarius8 on Feb 27, 2015, 11:13:21 AM
I guess the uproar from Alien 3 and Alien:R fans worked.  I just saw Niel's statement.  But it still makes no sense.  How can you pick up from "Aliens" and have Ripley and Hicks alive without changing what happen in 3 and Resurrection?  I'm confused by his statement.  Unless it takes place After "Alien: R" and Ripley 8 is still a Clone and Hicks is a Clone or Andriod they used his DNA to recreate him.

By simply ignoring A3 & A:R and not turning it into a dream or otherwise interfering with it.

Those movies will remain as they are for those who prefer them over the new Aliens sequel.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 27, 2015, 11:51:35 AM

By simply ignoring A3 & A:R and not turning it into a dream or otherwise interfering with it.

Those movies will remain as they are for those who prefer them over the new Aliens sequel.

Yeah you're probably right.

Alien³

Also for the people that say "Just do a new story without Ripley".  Sorry, that's like the new "Star Wars' Episode VII movie not having Han, Luke or Leia or the new Terminator movie not having Arnold (When they didn't have Arnold it flopped).   When people think Alien they think Ripley, I'm talking about general audences.  I know the world is large and it's bigger than Ripley but she's the central character.  As great as "Alien 3" was to me a child, killing off Ripley wasn't a great move for the franchise cause she's just a great character that should live on.  She had such a tragic ending in Alien 3.

By that logic when we reach 2050 and Alien X: Neomorph is released, it should have Ripley in it?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 12:09:20 PMBy that logic when we reach 2050 and Alien X: Neomorph is released, it should have Ripley in it?

Alien V: Ripley

Aquarius8

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 12:09:20 PM

By that logic when we reach 2050 and Alien X: Neomorph is released, it should have Ripley in it?

Of course when Sigourney passes away they will move on but while she's here the core franchise Ripley is the central character.  Prometheus and
AVP were both non-Ripley.  But if they really wanted to do non-ripley stories they could of started with "Alien Resurrection" as ripley was dead from Alien 3 but they didn't, they made her a clone cause they knew when it comes to general audiences they identify the Alien films with Ripley's character.

DoomRulz

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 27, 2015, 11:26:12 AM
Quote from: Aquarius8 on Feb 27, 2015, 11:13:21 AMHow can you pick up from "Aliens" and have Ripley and Hicks alive without changing what happen in 3 and Resurrection?

Who says they're even in it? Weaver has made it clear she's far from signed on, and I still find it hard to believe they'd put out concept art of stuff they're seriously working on.

The fact is, nothing has been confirmed yet.

Don't be surprised if a Queen shows up.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Aquarius8 on Feb 27, 2015, 12:24:49 PM
Of course when Sigourney passes away they will move on but while she's here the core franchise Ripley is the central character.

So all it will take for that is to be a was is the death of Weaver? Rather than the in-universe death of Ripley?

DoomRulz

There are always around the death of a character in a franchise, especially when it comes to an established actor/actress who always plays said part.

Alien³

Wait...what? :D

Uncle Hernando

Quote from: Aquarius8 on Feb 27, 2015, 12:24:49 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 12:09:20 PM

Of course when Sigourney passes away they will move on but while she's here the core franchise Ripley is the central character.  Prometheus and
AVP were both non-Ripley.  But if they really wanted to do non-ripley stories they could of started with "Alien Resurrection" as ripley was dead from Alien 3 but they didn't, they made her a clone cause they knew when it comes to general audiences they identify the Alien films with Ripley's character.

So it will just be a never ending game of cat and mouse where Ripley has no development because by any and all means she WILL be alive in the next installment and all the peril and destruction the alien represents is just... gone? Sounds pretty boring to me.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 12:39:44 PM

As long as Weaver is alive, they will find a way to bring Ripley back she is Weaver. When Weaver dies, then Ripley will stay dead because that character is her trademark.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2015, 12:48:35 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 27, 2015, 12:39:44 PM

As long as Weaver is alive, they will find a way to bring Ripley back she is Weaver. When Weaver dies, then Ripley will stay dead because that character is her trademark.

You know, I think we should have Hudson come back because Paxton was awesome as that character. :-*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed