Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 294,005 times)

Alien³

Try and stop us! Muhahaha!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 27, 2015, 01:34:23 AM
I dunno about that, there will always be those fans who will refuse to listen to Fox and just make up their own timelines. :-\

That is fine! Lots of other fandoms do that! Just make it official that there's more than one!

Adam802

The fact that we're just getting another actual ALIEN movie with actual Xenomorphs in it makes me happy.  Since Crap-mehteus obviously had/has no intention of doing it...

Born Of Cold Light

You know if you combined the original Giger/Scott vision what the alien was from the first film and combined it with the genetic manipulation of the fourth, you could get some pretty freaky storylines.

elemental-of-all

4 months ago: Alien ressurection is shit, nobody likes it. They should just retcon it.

Today: Alien ressurection should stay with the timeline. They should continue with Ripley 8s story. Anything else is an insult.

Lol love it.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Feb 27, 2015, 02:25:31 AM
4 months ago: Alien ressurection is shit, nobody likes it. They should just retcon it.

Today: Alien ressurection should stay with the timeline. They should continue with Ripley 8s story. Anything else is an insult.

Lol love it.

No one is hailing A:R. People are just saying that it is a lame cop-out to retcon it.

Adam802

Adam802

Lol love it.

Im actually surprised to see the A:R support myself as well.  I think everyone dislikes A:R, its just the idea of introducing a "retcon" to a franchise that has so far refrained from intruducing something that some feel has tainted a lot of modern movie franchises.  And I wouldve agreed to some extent at one point, however if there was ever a time to see "what else couldve happened", it would be now. 

I feel that A3 and to a greater extent A:R have hurt the franchise more than any "retcon" could, and at this point a retcon(or at least "resetting") of the story could reinvigorate it.  Again, it doesnt have to be a movie similar to ALIENS, just use ALIENS as a jumping off point bc I feel there is more potential to a story there than at the end of A:R.  I just really HATE Ripley 8, sorry.  Plus, continuing from A:R would have to acknowledge all the events in A:R, which are just so stupid and goofy/corny.  The only good thing A:R did right, was set itself 200 years after the trilogy so at least its so far removed from the first 3 that its easy to ignore/dismiss.  Continuing from A:R would just dilute and hurt the Alien continuity storyline even worse. 

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 27, 2015, 02:29:25 AM

Lol love it.

Im actually surprised to see the A:R support myself as well.  I think everyone dislikes A:R, its just the idea of introducing a "retcon" to a franchise that has so far refrained from intruducing something that some feel has tainted a lot of modern movie franchises.  And I wouldve agreed to some extent at one point, however if there was ever a time to see "what else couldve happened", it would be now.

Never been a big fan of A:R, but the idea to retcon it has never been an option to me.

marrerom

A:R was the first alien film i saw. I love it.

predxeno

predxeno

Well, if people are going to complain about retconning titles then they should have done it earlier when Prometheus supposedly retconned the AVP films.  Obviously, I get that nobody wanted those films to be canon but they still should have stuck up for the principle of not retconning films (like I did); now, if this new film really is a retcon then it's too late.  It was inevitable that should fans think it's okay to retcon movies, then movie producers would take the next step and retcon even BIGGER things than AVP.  It seems things are going as I predicted, but one thing I did not predict was how thrilled I'd be that Alien 3 (and Newt's death) would be the one getting the axe.  Yay. ;D

Adam802

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 27, 2015, 02:36:17 AM
A:R was the first alien film i saw. I love it.

No offense, but thats probably bc it was the first you saw.  On its own, A:R is a decent 90s action movie with an above average monster.  But compared to the first 3........no

Magegg

I freaking love A:R, I think it's an awesome movie.

But it doesn't fit much with the others :P Wouldn't be mad at all if it's left out of continuity.

Adam802

As I said above,

I feel that A3 and to a greater extent A:R have hurt the franchise more than any "retcon" could, and at this point a retcon(or at least "resetting") of the story could reinvigorate it.  Again, it doesnt have to be a movie similar to ALIENS, just use ALIENS as a jumping off point bc I feel there is more potential to a story there than at the end of A:R.  I just really HATE Ripley 8, sorry.  Plus, continuing from A:R would have to acknowledge all the events in A:R, which are just so stupid and goofy/corny.  The only good thing A:R did right, was set itself 200 years after the trilogy so at least its so far removed from the first 3 that its easy to ignore/dismiss.  Continuing from A:R would just dilute and hurt the Alien continuity storyline even worse. 

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 27, 2015, 02:38:02 AM
Well, if people are going to complain about retconning titles then they should have done it earlier when Prometheus supposedly retconned the AVP films.  Obviously, I get that nobody wanted those films to be canon but they still should have stuck up for the principle of not retconning films like I did; now, if this new film really is a retcon then it's too late.  It was inevitable should fans think it's okay to retcon movies then movie producers would take the next step and retcon even BIGGER things than AVP.

Still trying to push your "everything is canon" crap on the rest of us, huh?

Just accept that people see Alien(s), Predator, AVP and even Prometheus as separate things / crossovers. Retconning two actual Alien movies is not the same as cementing the fact that there is only room for Alien movies within the Alien movie universe.

predxeno

Nah, SpreadEagleBeagle, I'm just pointing out that you shouldn't demand so much for one series if you are just as unwilling to grant what you want to another.  Fair's fair, right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed