Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,430 times)

Ultramorph

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 27, 2015, 12:31:42 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 11:31:04 PM
Still hoping this is an alternate timeline thing. Really am pulling for that!

He says he's not trying to undo alien 3 & 4, but that he just wants his film connected to the first two...Then Weaver says they are still working on the story and that its just beginning to be fleshed out. I am still cautiously optimistic that this wont be a pointless continuity destroying retcon but they dont even have the story fully formed so who knows what this film may end up being.   :-\

Exactly. It's way too early for people to be getting so upset. I really dislike how movies and such are becoming two-year-long cycles of announcements of announcements and hundreds of pages of speculation based on a few vague pieces of info.

Nightmare Asylum

It's all part of the fun, until people start clinging to early rumors (the kind that aren't coming straight from the director's/star's mouths) and falsely claiming them to be facts.

predxeno

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 11:31:04 PM
Still hoping this is an alternate timeline thing. Really am pulling for that!

He says he's not trying to undo alien 3 & 4, but that he just wants his film connected to the first two...Then Weaver says they are still working on the story and that its just beginning to be fleshed out. I am still cautiously optimistic that this wont be a pointless continuity destroying retcon but they dont even have the story fully formed so who knows what this film may end up being.   :-\

Weaver also says, "I didn't like the way it was going and I felt we were...  I think it is hard to manufacture a good story just because they want to make another one."  It more or less sounds like they want to retcon the series, but just didn't want to say it outloud.

Perfect-Organism

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?????  I'M GOING INSANE!!  LOL  WE NEED TO KNOW!    ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Easy.

Prometheus > Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 > Alien: Resurrection
Prometheus > Alien > Aliens > Alien 5 (or whatever it's going to be called)

Those are the two timelines, and within them feel free to pick and choose what you like/want to accept. Personal preference.

SpreadEagleBeagle

...the next step is an ALIEN remake followed by a PROM reboot that ties into two separate retcons and a cancelled tv show. Can't wait...

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2015, 12:55:46 AM

AVP > AVP-R > Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 > Alien Resurrection.

Those are the two timelines, and within them feel free to pick and choose what you like/want to accept. Personal preference.

Three timelines.. If we can pick and choose now, we can also have the AvPs. Three choices. Three paths. You don't have to agree with me but considering now we're gonna have multiple timelines, might as well go buck wild.

Magegg

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2015, 01:03:29 AM
...the next step is an ALIEN remake followed by a PROM reboot that ties into two separate retcons and a cancelled tv show. Can't wait...
You forgot to mention the two direct-to-SyFy channel reunion movies that are supposed to provide a closure in form of a trilogy but the third one never happens.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 27, 2015, 01:07:46 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Feb 27, 2015, 01:03:29 AM
You forgot to mention the two direct-to-SyFy channel reunion movies that are supposed to provide a closure in form of a trilogy but the third one never happens.

Sorry about that. I was being too kind

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

They don't have to address Alien 3 or even so much as erase it in anyway for it to be rendered as an alternate timeline. A lot of movies do this, and they leave the previous continuity intact without declaring it as non-canon. Again, I point to the Godzilla movies. Godzilla 1985 was a direct sequel to the original 1954 movie, ignoring the previous Showa era continuity. It didn't need time travel, it didn't need a cosmic event, it just ignored the previous movies and established a new continuity but the old movies were still canon to the original 1954. This is what I see happening here with Alien 3 and Resurrection.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2015, 12:36:10 AM
It's all part of the fun, until people start clinging to early rumors (the kind that aren't coming straight from the director's/star's mouths) and falsely claiming them to be facts.

That's fair. It doesn't help that the directors, writers, actors, etc. feed into it. I guess they have to-hype is important for putting butts in seats-but I just wonder how far it will eventually go.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 27, 2015, 01:07:22 AM

AVP > AVP-R > Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 > Alien Resurrection.

Three timelines.. If we can pick and choose now, we can also have the AvPs. Three choices. Three paths. You don't have to agree with me but considering now we're gonna have multiple timelines, might as well go buck wild.

Sure. Watch whatever you enjoy, don't let anyone stop you.

Born Of Cold Light

If we're going to do retcons, why don't we get really crazy.  Ignore Aliens and Alien 3 and do a sequel linking Alien to Resurrection, or even:

AVP > Alien 3
Aliens > Resurrection
AVPR > Prometheus > Aliens
Prometheus > Alien 3 > Resurrection
Predators > Alien > Resurrection
Prometheus 2 > Predator 2 > AVPR > Alien 3 > Resurrection
Predator > Prometheus > > Alien > Alien Resurrection

The possibilities for filling in the gaps are limitless.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2015, 01:25:05 AM
Sure. Watch whatever you enjoy, don't let anyone stop you.

Fox needs to make it official that there is more than one timeline! Minds.. Blown! Everyone f**king wins!

Canon at this point is pretty much pick and choose! Pick whatever toppings you want on your pizza, folks!

predxeno

I dunno about that, there will always be those fans who will refuse to listen to Fox and just make up their own timelines. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed