Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 297,497 times)

Magegg

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 10:00:56 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 09:53:47 PMAs for the X-Men films, THERE ARE explanation for those plotholes, you only have to make a little of research.

:laugh: Why the hell should I have to? The film should bother to explain it. Not doing that is insulting to the audience, like they're expecting us not to ask questions.
That's the point, you don't need to, you only have to enjoy the movie. That lack of explanation doesn't hurt the experience a single bit.

marrerom

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 10:10:22 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 10:09:06 PMA good director/writer knows when there's a need for explain something and when is not.

There's literally no excuse for not bothering to explain why a main character who died is suddenly resurrected.

This is off topic but I just want to point out that Xavier's resurrection is explained in X3 for those who were paying attention. 

Now back to the main topic:  "I'm not trying to undo Alien 3 & Resurrection" - Blomkamp

All I can say is, Thank God.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

All they are saying is that they don't want to disrespect 3/4 -- it is still going to start anew.

predxeno

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 26, 2015, 10:55:30 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 10:09:06 PMA good director/writer knows when there's a need for explain something and when is not.

There's literally no excuse for not bothering to explain why a main character who died is suddenly resurrected.

This is off topic but I just want to point out that Xavier's resurrection is explained in X3 for those who were paying attention. 

Now back to the main topic:  "I'm not trying to undo Alien 3 & Resurrection" - Blomkamp

I thought HuDaFuK was referring to how Xavier magically got his body back. ???

marrerom

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 10:58:58 PM

Its shown in X3.  The guy that he puts his mind into is his brain dead twin. The end credits show his waking up.

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 26, 2015, 10:56:44 PM
All they are saying is that they don't want to disrespect 3/4 -- it is still going to start anew.

But starting anew would be undoing Alien 3 & 4...Which Blomkamp says he isnt doing.  What am I missing here?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He told The Guardian that it's what is going to happen. The problem with everyone is that they're taking things a bit literally.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 26, 2015, 11:07:00 PM
He told The Guardian that it's what is going to happen. The problem with everyone is that they're taking things a bit literally.

Yeah, Blomkamp isn't going to pull a Equilibrium on Alien 3 and Resurrection.

"Burn it."

predxeno

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 26, 2015, 11:06:01 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 10:58:58 PM

Its shown in X3.  The guy that he puts his mind into is his brain dead twin. The end credits show his waking up.

I saw that part, but his twin?!  Whaaa?!?!

szkoki

and cancel this movie, if you dont want to continue with Ripley 8

xeno-kaname

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 26, 2015, 10:55:30 PM

Yeah the Xavier thing was explained in the movie. His body back is a bit more obscure but a quick search explains it. But how he came back to life is explained.

I'm down with the alternate timeline but wouldn't mind too much if A3 and AR got retconned.

RakaiThwei

Still hoping this is an alternate timeline thing. Really am pulling for that!

Magegg

Me da sueƱo ._.

Tough little S.O.B.

Did you ask Neill about his new pair of shoes while you had that conversation about the movies? just curious.

marrerom

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 11:31:04 PM
Still hoping this is an alternate timeline thing. Really am pulling for that!

He says he's not trying to undo alien 3 & 4, but that he just wants his film connected to the first two...Then Weaver says they are still working on the story and that its just beginning to be fleshed out. I am still cautiously optimistic that this wont be a pointless continuity destroying retcon but they dont even have the story fully formed so who knows what this film may end up being.   :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Feb 27, 2015, 12:28:57 AM

Did you ask Neill about his new pair of shoes while you had that conversation about the movies? just curious.

I got the same vibe from what he said.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed