Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,051 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 26, 2015, 09:33:50 PM
very interesting, I like that Sigourney pretty much says that she didnt like the way the movies went by the end.  And I think Blomkamp is pretty much saying that he doesnt want to officially retcon A3/AR, just ignore them and make the movie he want for HIS vision, which I fully support.

So this is like PREDATORS again, where it ignored Predator to AvP-R and was more or less a direct sequel to the original Predator.

More and more, this is sounding like what Godzilla 1985 did... Serve as a sequel to the original 1954 movie, and ignore the rest. Meaning we COULD be looking at different timelines. Guys... Are we looking at different timelines now?

Adam802

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 09:37:33 PM
Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 26, 2015, 09:33:50 PM
very interesting, I like that Sigourney pretty much says that she didnt like the way the movies went by the end.  And I think Blomkamp is pretty much saying that he doesnt want to officially retcon A3/AR, just ignore them and make the movie he want for HIS vision, which I fully support.

So this is like PREDATORS again, where it ignored Predator to AvP-R and was more or less a direct sequel to the original Predator.

More and more, this is sounding like what Godzilla 1985 did... Serve as a sequel to the original 1954 movie, and ignore the rest. Meaning we COULD be looking at different timelines. Guys... Are we looking at different timelines now?

I think you might just get the "different timeline" confirmation youve been hoping for :)  Which I would also like and be  perfectly fine with.

GQSioux

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 09:31:12 PM
As for Alien, I wouldn't like an in-continuity retcon (like what X-Men or Star Trek did). Time travel wouldn't fit in this relatively "low" sci-fi series, and I plain don't want them to spend a whole movie trying to reconcile with Alien 3 and Rez and trying too hard for everything to make sense.

If they took notes from Interstellar, which is a sci-fi flick more grounded in reality. Time Travel could work, IMHO.

predxeno

Quote from: GQSioux on Feb 26, 2015, 09:28:18 PM
"I'm not trying to undo Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ihfeibtCQ&feature=youtu.be

I dunno, that may be his way of saying he's not decanonizing them while at the same time trying to set his movie in a different universe.  Assuming this isn't a retcon, the only way Neil can pull this off is if his new movie is a secret interquel or if Ripley and Hicks are synthetic copies of the originals.

Magegg

Quote from: GQSioux on Feb 26, 2015, 09:41:01 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 09:31:12 PM
As for Alien, I wouldn't like an in-continuity retcon (like what X-Men or Star Trek did). Time travel wouldn't fit in this relatively "low" sci-fi series, and I plain don't want them to spend a whole movie trying to reconcile with Alien 3 and Rez and trying too hard for everything to make sense.

If they took notes from Interstellar, which is a sci-fi flick more grounded in reality. Time Travel could work, IMHO.
Interstellar has always been about astrophysics. Alien's more about biology, I guess.

Alien³

Alien 0.3: Choose Your Own Adventure

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 09:41:36 PMAssuming this isn't a retcon, the only way Neil can pull this off is if his new movie is a secret interquel or if Ripley and Hicks are synthetic copies of the originals.

Both of which are crap ideas.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 26, 2015, 09:40:45 PM
I think you might just get the "different timeline" confirmation youve been hoping for :)  Which I would also like and be  perfectly fine with.

If that is the case, I will be so happy! Like.. you wouldn't believe how happy.

Then it would be a matter of organizing every movie and it's placement.

Magegg

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 09:37:18 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 09:31:12 PMYeah, X-Men could pull it in a very clever way because of:
1.- It took advantage of the classic comic book storyline
2.- It tied in with the recent prequel movies
3.- The X-Men universe is highly unrealistic sci-fi already, so introducing a sort of time travel thing didn't seem forced.

Except they then went and totally f*cked it by resurrecting Patrick Stewart without a single f*cking word of explanation. I've literally never seen such a blatant lack of bothering to explain yourself in a film.
And audiences still weren't angry and loved the film. Yet another proof that you don't need for big explanations and a simple retcon can work in the end.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 09:43:55 PMAnd audiences still weren't angry and loved the film. Yet another proof that you don't need for big explanations and a simple retcon can work in the end.

:laugh: You slag off Alien 3 for having a magic egg, but a person just miraculously pops back to life in X-Men with no explanation whatsoever and you're fine with it.

predxeno

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 26, 2015, 09:42:57 PM
Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 26, 2015, 09:40:45 PM

If that is the case, I will be so happy! Like.. you wouldn't believe how happy.

Then it would be a matter of organizing every movie and it's placement.

Yeah, I seriously think this is just new timeline stuff; as I said before, Fox won't shit on two movies that can still make them money nor would they want to anger too many fans after the AVP films.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 26, 2015, 09:47:10 PM
Yeah, I seriously think this is just new timeline stuff; as I said before, Fox won't shit on two movies that can still make them money nor would they want to anger too many fans after the AVP films.

I hope Fox is doing what Toho did with the Godzilla franchise when they were doing the Heisei era films.. If that's the case, everybody wins and I mean everybody!

Magegg

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 09:46:25 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 09:43:55 PMAnd audiences still weren't angry and loved the film. Yet another proof that you don't need for big explanations and a simple retcon can work in the end.

:laugh: You slag off Alien 3 for having a magic egg, but a person just miraculously pops back to life in X-Men with no explanation whatsoever and you're fine with it.
I don't care about magic eggs or anything, I just disliked Alien 3 because of the killing of beloved characters, for being bored, depressing and underwhelming, after what a great ride Alien and Aliens were.

As for the X-Men films, THERE ARE explanation for those plotholes, you only have to make a little of research.

Alien³

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 09:53:47 PM
I don't care about magic eggs or anything, I just disliked Alien 3 because of the killing of beloved characters, for being bored, depressing and underwhelming, after what a great ride Alien and Aliens were.

You're missing out on one hell of story dude. :-*

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 09:53:47 PMAs for the X-Men films, THERE ARE explanation for those plotholes, you only have to make a little of research.

:laugh: Why the hell should I have to? The film should bother to explain it. Not doing that is insulting to the audience, like they're expecting us not to ask questions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed