Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 297,070 times)

Corporal Hicks

We had a chat with him (and ADC) a few years back: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/podcasts/

Episode 6 if you haven't already had a listen: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/podcasts/avpg_pc_episode06.mp3

HuDaFuK

Ah cool, I'll check those out.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2015, 08:42:35 AM
We had a chat with him (and ADC) a few years back: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/podcasts/

Episode 6 if you haven't already had a listen: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/podcasts/avpg_pc_episode06.mp3
For some reason I want to sit down and have tea...

Corporal Hicks

Pft. I think we're somewhat different to your "typical" British voice.  :P

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2015, 11:02:40 AM
Pft. I think we're somewhat different to your "typical" British voice.  :P
You guys sound sweet and docile and was this why Steedman got no lines? :P

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 26, 2015, 11:04:41 AMYou guys sound sweet and docile and was this why Steedman got no lines? :P

The irony is he's actually a hard bastard. Read a great quote from one of the American Marine actors (can't remember exactly who) on Aliens saying he used to come up to them and squeeze their biceps before saying, "Pfft, more meat on a cat's cock."

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 11:22:46 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 26, 2015, 11:04:41 AMYou guys sound sweet and docile and was this why Steedman got no lines? :P

The irony is he's actually a hard bastard. Read a great quote from one of the American Marine actors (can't remember exactly who) on Aliens saying he used to come up to them and squeeze their biceps before saying, "Pfft, more meat on a cat's cock."
HAHA  :laugh:

Wait, was that why Jonesy had to stay home? :P

stroggificated

If there's really a retcon with Hicks and Ripley, they should be all over it. Give us a new version of Space Jockeys, too. In case they are even important.

Though i can see this old producer past his prime trying to prevent it. GTFO, George Lucas!  >:(

whiterabbit

Hey that is a legitimate gripe, if they feel fit to retcon a couple of movies then why not retcon the "engineer" space jockey from Prometheus? Of course this is why Ridley is going to produce the film. :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 26, 2015, 02:32:30 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Feb 26, 2015, 02:01:32 AM
Ripley 8 could simply use her genetic memory powers to send her consciousness back into the body of her original and prevent the rogue xeno from causing the wreck of the Sulaco.

Which cryotubes would they use?

I really think we ought to discuss the cryotube situation.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 25, 2015, 10:07:13 PM
Calm down guys. All neil blomkamp is saying is that his film will be more like Alien and Aliens in terms of tone and themes then Alien 3 and Resurrection. Thats what he means by "genetic sibling".

I hear you. I'm fine with that. The only thing I've furrowed my brow at isn't Neil, but rather Weaver. She said the films deserve a proper ending which makes me wonder why she bothered with A3 and Resurrection in the first place then.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 26, 2015, 02:59:57 PMI hear you. I'm fine with that. The only think I've furrowed my brow at isn't Neil, but rather Weaver. She said the films deserve a proper ending which makes me wonder why she bothered with A3 and Resurrection in the first place then.

That's another reason I'm hesitant to jump on the "it's obviously a retcon" bandwagon. Ripley's story was finished. Ripley 8's was not. And we know Weaver has expressed an interest in continuing with Ripley 8 in the past.

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 26, 2015, 03:04:56 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 26, 2015, 02:59:57 PMI hear you. I'm fine with that. The only think I've furrowed my brow at isn't Neil, but rather Weaver. She said the films deserve a proper ending which makes me wonder why she bothered with A3 and Resurrection in the first place then.

That's another reason I'm hesitant to jump on the "it's obviously a retcon" bandwagon. Ripley's story was finished. Ripley 8's was not. And we know Weaver has expressed an interest in continuing with Ripley 8 in the past.

It's strange (or maybe she's forgotten) but she talks about Ripley being left in space; but Ripley 8 returned to Earth at A:R'S end (or arse end). Sigourney's said repeatedly that she didn't want to do Ripley or Aliens on Earth, so maybe she's likewise open to revising the character's story.

DoomRulz

Well, who knows. They did magic once with A3, they might do it again.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 26, 2015, 03:10:34 PM

It's strange (or maybe she's forgotten) but she talks about Ripley being left in space; but Ripley 8 returned to Earth at A:R'S end (or arse end). Sigourney's said repeatedly that she didn't want to do Ripley or Aliens on Earth, so maybe she's likewise open to revising the character's story.

I followed this reasoning from Sigourney Weaver since 1992.  It strikes me that she just lacked the foresight of how much money she could stand to make if she didn't kill off the character.  Sigourney said "You can only have so much bad luck" back then.  I think she knows that this is her bread and butter and that's why she's coming back.  Fine by me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed