Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,446 times)

hfeldhaus

They're centering the film on a bullshit idea right off the bat. That being said, watching the interview through again and listening to Blomkamp's words it sounds as though this isn't going to be a sequel that writes out A3 and Red. His words genetic sibling makes me presume that it will the evolve the franchise like Aliens did from Alien. Two films with different tones and Alien 5 will be the next step. Alien 3 was More offa step back to Alien. If this is right then I will be excited. Hope its clarified properly soon.

OpenMaw

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 26, 2015, 04:18:53 AM
They're centering the film on a bullshit idea right off the bat.

No more than Alien 3 and Resurrection themselves.

marrerom

That being said, watching the interview through again and listening to Blomkamp's words it sounds as though this isn't going to be a sequel that writes out A3 and Red. His words genetic sibling makes me presume that it will the evolve the franchise like Aliens did from Alien. Two films with different tones and Alien 5 will be the next step.

Yeah man I feel the same way.  I am confident that Weaver would never star in a movie that retcons Alien 3 & Resurrection.  She likes those movies too much for that to happen.  The "genetic sibling" comment is similar to how Ridley Scott said that the last 10 min of Prometheus will have "Alien DNA".  It basically means that it will share the same spirit and tone. 

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 26, 2015, 04:34:23 AM

In fact we may finally be seeing a sensible direction for the franchise.  It literally is as if a bad dream were coming to an end.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 26, 2015, 04:40:44 AM
That being said, watching the interview through again and listening to Blomkamp's words it sounds as though this isn't going to be a sequel that writes out A3 and Red. His words genetic sibling makes me presume that it will the evolve the franchise like Aliens did from Alien. Two films with different tones and Alien 5 will be the next step.

Yeah man I feel the same way.  I am confident that Weaver would never star in a movie that retcons Alien 3 & Resurrection.  She likes those movies too much for that to happen.  The "genetic sibling" comment is similar to how Ridley Scott said that the last 10 min of Prometheus will have "Alien DNA".  It basically means that it will share the same spirit and tone.

And Sigourney mentioned Ripley floating in space.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 26, 2015, 04:34:23 AM

Rez definitely. Alien definitely not. Alien 3 was a fitting end to Ripley saga. People are just pissed that it didn't do the same for two side characters from Aliens.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 26, 2015, 04:42:50 AM
Quote from: marrerom on Feb 26, 2015, 04:40:44 AM

And Sigourney mentioned Ripley floating in space.

That it will be set between Alien and Aliens?

OpenMaw

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 26, 2015, 04:44:33 AM
Rez definitely. Alien definitely not. Alien 3 was a fitting end to Ripley saga. People are just pissed that it didn't do the same for two side characters from Aliens.

You're ignoring what you said. Alien 3 and Resurrection both start from ridiculous points.

That it will be set between Alien and Aliens?

After Aliens.

hfeldhaus

A mystery egg is not as stupid as reviving dead characters

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 25, 2015, 04:34:53 PM
I disagree, for reasons that have been very well explained here already. Newt especially has far more function than Morse or Johner. Remove Newt from Aliens and see what you're left with. Do the same for these other aforementioned characters and what happens? The movies lose a couple of one-liners.

Of course, I completely agree. Poor voice in attempting to use those characters. Newt is far more integral to the direction of Aliens than any of those. However, I still don't believe her or Hicks are integral to the over-all arc of the series. They did the job they needed to get Ripley to a different place in Aliens. Alien 3 was about proving how hopeless fighting the Alien was. It did its job.

And now I go back to reading the next 5 new pages since I went to sleep last night.

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 25, 2015, 10:07:13 PM
Calm down guys. All neil blomkamp is saying is that his film will be more like Alien and Aliens in terms of tone and themes then Alien 3 and Resurrection. Thats what he means by "genetic sibling".

That's what I'm taking from it so far. I think everyone is reading too much into it.

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 25, 2015, 11:11:06 PM
replying to the original scified link back in autumn

who is the dude in the middle?

Just a fan, I imagine. Trevor Steedman looks nothing like that.

whiterabbit

The guys name is Dale

Scree

It's gonna be great to see Ripley, Johner, Vriess and Call back again in action fighting WY/Wallmart on earth. They're even gonna clone Hicks back. We're gonna have a Space Jockey ship an Alien Queen and Ripley's Alien-DNA takes more and more over her. Whats not to like? Epic stuff, man. I'm excited.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Scree on Feb 26, 2015, 07:58:01 AM
It's gonna be great to see Ripley, Johner, Vriess and Call back again in action fighting WY/Wallmart on earth. They're even gonna clone Hicks back. We're gonna have a Space Jockey ship an Alien Queen and Ripley's Alien-DNA takes more and more over her. Whats not to like? Epic stuff, man. I'm excited.

Uuuuuuuuh... You MIGHT wanna look in the other threads regarding the placement of this movie.

Gash

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 25, 2015, 11:11:06 PM
replying to the original scified link back in autumn

who is the dude in the middle?

Shane Ritchie.

whiterabbit

Ah, so it is.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2015, 06:58:22 AMThat's what I'm taking from it so far. I think everyone is reading too much into it.

That was my view as well. While he could well mean it is literally a new sequel to Aliens, I don't think it's as definitive as some people have made out (including the media now reporting it as fact based solely on those few less than specific words). I'll wait for an official statement from the studio.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2015, 06:58:22 AMJust a fan, I imagine. Trevor Steedman looks nothing like that.

I love Steedie. He always come across as a really down to Earth guy. The list of movies he's been in is pretty impressive! Same goes for all the stunt guys who played minor characters in the series, actually.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed