Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,595 times)

T Dog

Personally - I'd rather they just use Ripley 8 and see how she's evolved and finish the story that way.

I like A:3 despite it's flaws but I just think it's a bit shitty to make dead characters alive again just to please the fans, we already swallowed that tough pill years ago and the series has already been f**ked with enough with AVP and Prometheus.

Tough little S.O.B.

ANyway, I just hope for one thing, R-RATING.

GQSioux

Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 25, 2015, 09:02:53 PM
The thing with ALIEN canon is, that a lot of fans of this franchise seem to create in their own minds what THEY consider canon.  Some (like myself) dont consider Resurrection canon.  Others dont like to consider Alien 3 canon, and some dont consider anything after the original Alien canon. 

So I dont see why this movie cant just ignore A3/A:R and make a different story after ALIENS that goes in a new (and potentially better) direction.  The canon can sort of "split" into 2 separate versions after ALIENS.  1 being the A3 direction, the other being this new movie.  No time travel BS, or even a "retcon", just an ALTERNATE version.

But people like that are just in denial.  ;D Alien 3 IS canon. Flat out ignoring it and making an "alternate" storyline is just as much of a slap in the face and as lazy as a time travel or a dream gimmick, but at least time travel doesn't flat out ignore it. You don't just one day, 30 years later, tell fans: "Hey, all those Alien sequels we made within the last 30 years..well, they don't count anymore. Here's your new Alien 3."  WTF?

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 25, 2015, 09:10:51 PM
Personally - I'd rather they just use Ripley 8 and see how she's evolved and finish the story that way.

I like A:3 despite it's flaws but I just think it's a bit shitty to make dead characters alive again just to please the fans, we already swallowed that tough pill years ago and the series has already been f**ked with enough with AVP and Prometheus.

+1

Anyway, what Neill said does not mean 100% that is Alien 3.2 necessarily.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Hey yeah, where is SM?  I figured he'd be all over this...

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 25, 2015, 09:10:41 PM
Maybe this is why SM has thrown in the towel?

Unless he is indeed acting as an executive consultant on this new Alien film according to certain unsubstantiated rumours from questionable sources.

The thing with ALIEN canon is, that a lot of fans of this franchise seem to create in their own minds what THEY consider canon.  Some (like myself) dont consider Resurrection canon.  Others dont like to consider Alien 3 canon, and some dont consider anything after the original Alien canon. 

So I dont see why this movie cant just ignore A3/A:R and make a different story after ALIENS that goes in a new (and potentially better) direction.  The canon can sort of "split" into 2 separate versions after ALIENS.  1 being the A3 direction, the other being this new movie.  No time travel BS, or even a "retcon", just an ALTERNATE version.

Ok, I just had a brain-storm along this idea of 2 separate canons.  Why not have the Core Alien canon which would be Prometheus, Alien, Aliens, and the new Alien 5, and then have a parallel Alien VS Predator canon which is basically everything Predator, everything AVP, and Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and AR?  It kind of makes sense.  The Bishop character we see in Alien 3 is made to look like the original Charles Weyland character in the first AVP film?  Any takers?

T Dog

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 25, 2015, 09:17:04 PM

Unless he is indeed acting as an executive consultant on this new Alien film according to certain unsubstantiated rumours from questionable sources.

Ok, I just had a brain-storm along this idea of 2 separate canons.  Why not have the Core Alien canon which would be Prometheus, Alien, Aliens, and the new Alien 5, and then have a parallel Alien VS Predator canon which is basically everything Predator, everything AVP, and Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and AR?  It kind of makes sense.  The Bishop character we see in Alien 3 is made to look like the original Charles Weyland character in the first AVP film?  Any takers?

No. I think they should just use Ripley 8 and finish the god damn story and as much as I love her - don't bring back Sigourney Weaver again.

Tough little S.O.B.

Can we have a third canon with ONLY Prometheus? For me AVP and AVP R don't exist.

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 25, 2015, 09:28:40 PM

No. I think they should just use Ripley 8 and finish the god damn story and as much as I love her - don't bring back Sigourney Weaver again.

How they will finish Ripley 8 without Sigourney?

Adam802

no ripley 8 please for the love of god...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 25, 2015, 09:10:41 PMUnless he is indeed acting as an executive consultant on this new Alien film according to certain unsubstantiated rumours from questionable sources.

:laugh: I hope you aren't referring to me. Because it's not even a question that I'm a completely useless and uninformed source.

Local Trouble

SM is too busy as an Executive Consultant to bother with us any more.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2015, 09:41:03 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 25, 2015, 09:10:41 PMUnless he is indeed acting as an executive consultant on this new Alien film according to certain unsubstantiated rumours from questionable sources.

:laugh: I hope you aren't referring to me. Because it's not even a question that I'm a completely useless and uninformed source.

I think it was our mutual theory. Local Trouble seems to have taken it as gospel though.

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 25, 2015, 09:35:42 PM
no ripley 8 please for the love of god...
Right?

And Omegazilla you are speaking of Blomkamp as if you know him personally. You don't think he'll do it, but some of us think he will. We'll just have to wait for more info.

But with this and the concept art a retcon is at least possible.

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 25, 2015, 09:52:25 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2015, 09:41:03 PM

I think it was our mutual theory. Local Trouble seems to have taken it as gospel though.

It's the only logical reason for his prolonged absence.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Local Trouble's bioelectric brain frequencies are a mystery even in the most remote corners of the Galaxy.

(J-k man, love ya)

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 25, 2015, 09:54:24 PM
And Omegazilla you are speaking of Blomkamp as if you know him personally. You don't think he'll do it, but some of us think he will. We'll just have to wait for more info.
I'm not. But tell me of a single reboot that used this whole "dream" thing. It's a fan theory -- nothing more or less -- there's no reason why the filmmakers would use it. If they reboot, they reboot -- end.

marrerom

Calm down guys. All neil blomkamp is saying is that his film will be more like Alien and Aliens in terms of tone and themes then Alien 3 and Resurrection. Thats what he means by "genetic sibling". 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed