Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 293,953 times)

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 25, 2015, 07:52:45 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 25, 2015, 07:49:48 PM
Neill and Siggy spill all the beans!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th8os-IfZhg#ws

*well, not really...

"It's Alien, Aliens, then this movie."  YES please!  Its retcon time, baby!  :D
Apparently so! I'm fine with this  8)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 25, 2015, 07:58:19 PM
Wait wait wait...

"It's Alien, Aliens, then this movie."

So ARE we looking at a retcon?!  :o Please tell me this is conjecture.. Please.

How else are you going to fit it in before Alien 3? I don't think doing a Jeff Bridges/Clu on all the actors is going to be an option.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 25, 2015, 08:04:53 PM
How else are you going to fit it in before Alien 3? I don't think doing a Jeff Bridges/Clu on all the actors is going to be an option.

I don't get the Jeff Bridges/Clu reference but.. You know I am going to wait until this is concrete. I mean there hasn't been a lot of news but if this is a retcon.. And I mean a retcon involving an actual write out of Alien 3 onward.. Aaaah.. Wow! Just... Wow!  :-\

And I'm not even an Alien fan as I am Predator but damn... This.. If it's more than conjecture then.. damn.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Jeff Bridges was digitally rejuvenated as CLU in TRON: Legacy.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 25, 2015, 08:10:53 PM
Jeff Bridges was digitally rejuvenated as CLU in TRON: Legacy.

I never saw Tron: Legacy so that reference went over my head.

Russ

Weaver-NiellBlomkamp

Building Better Sequels.

RakaiThwei

So it is a retcon then.  :-[

T Dog

Just found this interview with Weaver from June of last year. So that's a few months after Chappie wrapped.
It's interesting because she's most likely referring to Blomkamp and obviously wants to continue and end the story from the perspective of Ripley 8.

I feel after going to a couple of these Comic Cons and meeting so many fans who are so passionate about the series, passionate about Ripley — that there's more story to tell; but I don't know how to do that. I don't think Alien belongs on Earth popping out of a haystack, which is where I was afraid it was going to go. I feel it should take place in the far reaches of the universe where no one in their right mind would go. There are very few filmmakers that I can think of that I would want to entrust this to. But I can think of a couple... I feel there's a longing in certain groups of fans when I meet them for the story to be finished because we really left it up in the air and I feel a bit badly about that because I was part of that decision making process. I didn't want to make four and five in a bundle. I think it's hard to make these films all in a big lump. You need time to sort of let things resonate so I can imagine a situation where we could at least finish telling her story. I think that would be very satisfying at least to me — although I haven't done anything about it; but I can understand why that could happen and I certainly know young filmmakers who are interested in doing that. So we'll just have to see what happens.

Source: http://collider.com/alien-sequel-sigourney-weaver/

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Well at the very least I hope they just scrap the later films instead of trying to come up with some ludicrous work-around.

Although what does this mean for the series of novels they're currently working on that are definitively set post-Resurrection?

EDIT: Mind you, with that "genetic sibling" stuff he was saying, a small part of me wonders if he was just talking tonally...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2015, 08:19:49 PM
Well at the very least I hope they just scrap the later films instead of trying to come up with some ludicrous work-around.
The whole dream speculation thing was born from fans -- filmmakers would never be that deep in a retcon. They'll just ignore them.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2015, 08:19:49 PMAlthough what does this mean for the series of novels they're currently working on that are definitively set post-Resurrection?
The same thing that happened to Aliens Book I & II when Alien3 was released.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 25, 2015, 08:24:12 PMThe same thing that happened to Aliens Book I & II when Alien3 was released.

True. But these novels have yet to be released and two of them haven't even been written yet.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 25, 2015, 08:24:12 PM
The whole dream speculation thing was born from fans -- filmmakers would never be that deep in a retcon. They'll just ignore them.

Like how H20 ignored Halloween IV to VI?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 25, 2015, 07:54:46 PM
R.I.P Alien³ & Alien: Resurection  :'(

No, no , no.  Not at all.  A3 and AR will live on as excellent non-canon tales in the Alien world.  Best of all... YOU STILL GET TO KEEP YOUR COPIES OF THE FILMS!!!!!!  WICKED!!  It's the best of both worlds...

Ok, this is officially the best thing that's happened in the Alien universe since James Cameron's Aliens film.

RETCON BABY!!!  FULL RETCON!!!  YEAH MAMA!  That's what I'm talkin' about.  Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...

Russ

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 25, 2015, 08:19:32 PM
Just found this interview with Weaver from June of last year. So that's a few months after Chappie wrapped.
It's interesting because she's most likely referring to Blomkamp and obviously wants to continue and end the story from the perspective of Ripley 8.

She did say in the interview "floating around in space", though. Ripley 8 certainly wasn't, but Ellen certainly was (well, at the end of 2).

They showed a lot of Hicks in that interview, man - and I know it was all done by Sky Movies, but still...

It's pretty clear Blomkamp IS a fan though. He was weaned on this shit, just like us.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 25, 2015, 08:27:13 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 25, 2015, 07:54:46 PM
R.I.P Alien³ & Alien: Resurection  :'(

No, no , no.  Not at all.  A3 and AR will live on as excellent non-canon tales in the Alien world.  Best of all... YOU STILL GET TO KEEP YOUR COPIES OF THE FILMS!!!!!!  WICKED!!  It's the best of both worlds...

Ok, this is officially the best thing that's happened in the Alien universe since James Cameron's Aliens film.

RETCON BABY!!!  FULL RETCON!!!  YEAH MAMA!  That's what I'm talkin' about.  Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...

Can I cuddle you, PO. I need a man-hug.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 25, 2015, 08:25:44 PM

Like how H20 ignored Halloween IV to VI?
Not particularly familiar with that. It's the same thing Superman Returns did -- starts after Superman II, ignores Superman III and IV.

And yeah, this does not mean Alien3 and Alien: Resurrection get wiped out of existence. I love both films and I'll continue popping them in my Blu-Ray player from time to time, and watch them fondly.

Quote from: Russ on Feb 25, 2015, 08:28:51 PM
It's pretty clear Blomkamp IS a fan though. He was weaned on this shit, just like us.
Yeah but somehow I think he has a little common sense in that brain of his -- he'd never do some silly shit like that. Period.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed