Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 297,606 times)

Nightmare Asylum

And I've never seen any of them, not even the Mummy films. :P

KiramidHead

Blomkamp to make new Mummy movie retconning the third one pls.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 23, 2015, 09:26:34 PM

Why, did the 3rd film derail the main story in the franchise and have a generally bad reception?

KiramidHead

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 23, 2015, 09:28:29 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 23, 2015, 09:26:34 PM

Why, did the 3rd film derail the main story in the franchise and have a generally bad reception?

Yep, more or less. The characters were all screwed up, and there was a very poor recast. And Jet Li was wasted, turning into an awful CG Ghidorah, among other things.

Mike

Mike

Hopefully Blomkamp knows the right direction to go in. I would definitely lead off from Aliens. In the end in order for the script to work it's going to have to retcon A3 and AR. Who cares, as long as it's a great film. I just want to see another Alien film with Cameron's atmosphere style and Ridleys scarieness feel to it. Hopefully Blomkamp can pull it off. This is so cool to see another Alien film

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Mike on Feb 23, 2015, 09:49:38 PM
Hopefully Blomkamp knows the right direction to go in. I would definitely lead off from Aliens. In the end in order for the script to work it's going to have to retcon A3 and AR. Who cares, as long as it's a great film. I just want to see another Alien film with Cameron's atmosphere style and Ridleys scarieness feel to it. Hopefully Blomkamp can pull it off. This is so cool to see another Alien film

Couldn't agree more.  But is so easy to screw it up.  Blomkamp is not Cameron...

Mike

Mike

I was just watching Alien last night, wow! What an intense and scary film. The kill scenes to Ripley being alone and trying to override Mothers Cooling unit back on. Then running in that intense scene saying You! Bitch! And the whole sound alarms going off. Just an awsome classic. This Alien movie could rival Aliens all the away. Both Amazing films in there own right. But Alien is just too cool. I am happy to own the Anthology Bluray set.

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 23, 2015, 04:15:45 PM

Bingo! Xeno-DNA!
Dude I swear you read my mind half the time lol

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 23, 2015, 09:25:07 PM
For shame. I'm quite fond of the first two. Saw them at the movies when they were released. Third one too...but the disappointment.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 23, 2015, 09:25:07 PM

Oh, dude. You gotta watch The Mummy. It is so much fun.

Gash

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 23, 2015, 09:53:45 PM
Quote from: Mike on Feb 23, 2015, 09:49:38 PM

Couldn't agree more.  But is so easy to screw it up.  Blomkamp is not Cameron...

That is one blessing for sure.

Nightmare Asylum

So just wondering, do we really need a Sharlto Copley and Michael Biehn thread, or can those get merged with the casting thread?

KiramidHead

Fokin' Copley could fill a thread of his own.

Nightmare Asylum

Fookin xenos!

Hicks always wanded a wof.

KiramidHead

Jess cud neva settil dun. Ripley makes him wanna settil dun.

Nightmare Asylum

Even if you weren't completely sold on Elysium, I'm glad your loving Kruger. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed