Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,474 times)

SiL

Quote from: Gash on Feb 20, 2015, 11:33:44 PM
I 've seen plenty of interviews with the creative team on A L I E N, who simply, diplomatically, state that it's not their sort of film.
Which ones? Scott liked it, Giger liked it. O'Bannon didn't?

Rankles75

Always saw Aliens as a natural progression to the first film tbh. I grew up on that film though, so I'm probably biased... :)

Gash

Gash

Quote from: SiL on Feb 20, 2015, 11:34:23 PM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 20, 2015, 11:33:44 PM
I 've seen plenty of interviews with the creative team on A L I E N, who simply, diplomatically, state that it's not their sort of film.
Which ones? Scott liked it, Giger liked it. O'Bannon didn't?

One of the guys who worked on A L I E N created a site with a CGI Nostromo, and he had a behind the scenes film in two or three parts - Alien Makers was it? A number of the interviewees on that were indifferent about the sequel.

Also Scott has moderated his views, but has stated that Aliens did a good job at what it did, but it wasn't where he would have seen it going.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Scott liked it; Giger found it too action-y but liked the designs (with the exception of the "ribbed cranium"); O'Bannon liked it. See here.

OpenMaw

Even if they didn't, it doesn't invalidate Aliens. It was a critical and creative smash hit with audiences around the world, and helped popularise a HUGE HUUUUGE amount of creative people in film, writing, and video games.

Magegg

Quote from: Gash on Feb 20, 2015, 11:12:25 PMobvious connections.
More like, fanservice.

Quote from: Gash on Feb 20, 2015, 11:12:25 PMWeyland, juggernaut. alien life using hosts, Scott's aestehtic.
A pretext to create their own different mythology, while taking advantage of the Alien series fame.

Quote from: Gash on Feb 20, 2015, 11:12:25 PMIt's more closely tied to A L I E N, or the Starbeast script, than any of A L I E N's sequels.
It's a movie that doesn't make much sense on its own, and even less sense in connection with A L I E N.

NetworkATTH

"Prometheus sucks!!!!" "Aliens sucks!!!!!!!!!!" "AAAAAAAA" why can't we just take the artistry of each while understanding each has flaws.

Gash

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 21, 2015, 01:43:42 AM
More like, fanservice.

Fan service? But you're not a fan.

However, If Alien 5 is all about fan service to Aliens and screw what came after - that's fine by you.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Magegg

Quote from: Gash on Feb 21, 2015, 02:22:52 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Feb 21, 2015, 01:43:42 AM
More like, fanservice.

Fan service? But you're not a fan.

However, If Alien 5 is all about fan service to Aliens and screw what came after - that's fine by you.
I loved Prometheus. As a fan, it gave me all the fan service I wanted (:

Quarax

Did someone already point out that the H. R. Giger concept art he posted is called "Alien V"?

Gash

Wasn't there a maquette amongst the first leaked concepts that looked faithful to Giger's alien? Not seen that in recent posts about the concept art.

Quarax

Quote from: Gash on Feb 21, 2015, 03:46:48 AM
Wasn't there a maquette amongst the first leaked concepts that looked faithful to Giger's alien? Not seen that in recent posts about the concept art.

That was just Sideshow's Big Chap bust.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Quarax on Feb 21, 2015, 03:51:08 AM

It was too good to be true  :P

Quarax

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 21, 2015, 03:54:22 AM
Quote from: Quarax on Feb 21, 2015, 03:51:08 AM

It was too good to be true  :P

The bust (the exclusive edition) and Giger concept art does seem to suggest he's a fan of the original Alien, so I imagine that's the design he's going to use.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed