Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,061 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 20, 2015, 07:43:19 PM
It could also be a synthetic modeled after Hicks; that was going to be the plot of a 3D Aliens effects show but it got scrapped before it could be produced. :(

That would be about as interesting to me as Ripley 8. Not at all.  Hicks and Ripley aren't just faces with names. They're fully fleshed out characters.

TheBATMAN

Hopefully ADI will be kept well away from this too.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Blomkamp's new "Alien" movie will be released March 4, 2016.

20th Century Fox have confirmed that Neill Blomkamp ("Elysium") will direct a sequel to the original "Alien" movie franchise, with Signourney Weaver as 'Ellen Ripley

http://www.sneakpeek.ca/2015/02/ripley-returning-for-more-alien.html

HuDaFuK

Ripley confirmed too, eh.

TheBATMAN

Er, no I don't think so. You're having a laugh with that release date considering he hasn't even wrote the script yet.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yep, 3 months min on pre-production.
3 months on very min for filming.
9 months on very min for post production and visual effects.

HuDaFuK

More to the point, isn't Prometheus 2 out right around then?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Wasn't The Martian scheduled for that March 4, 2016 release date? Methinks Sneakpeak got confused with them dates.

TheBATMAN

I believe so, yeah. Or at least hasn't Scott confirmed The Martian will be his next film?

Le Celticant

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 20, 2015, 08:13:43 PM
Yep, 3 months min on pre-production.
3 months on very min for filming.
9 months on very min for post production and visual effects.

Pre-production could already be done.
There are huge chances he talked to fox prior this despite what might be said and have just released a couple of concepts he draw that are never going to be into the film so it was perfectly safe to tease and see the fans reaction so fox could finally approve the project and give it a greenlight.
It might be much more developed already than everyone think.

And there are huge chances he doesn't use ADI for the props but rather WETA and there are also huge chances the creatures are entirely done in post-production since it's kinda blomkamp trademark.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 20, 2015, 04:59:43 PM
Reading that makes me wish A3 never happened. There wouldn't be this much division if it hadn't. Come to think of it, I say overwrite A3.

Division is fine. I welcome it with open arms. When both sides remain civil, it makes for very engaging discussion.

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 20, 2015, 07:59:55 PM
Hopefully ADI will be kept well away from this too.

Why? ADI is great. Complain about fleshy Aliens, but they were just delivering on the directors' requests. I'd love to see them take a stab at something more Giger-influenced.

Though I'd be really ecstatic if Blomkamp was able to get Weta on board again.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 20, 2015, 08:10:37 PM
Blomkamp's new "Alien" movie will be released March 4, 2016.

20th Century Fox have confirmed that Neill Blomkamp ("Elysium") will direct a sequel to the original "Alien" movie franchise, with Signourney Weaver as 'Ellen Ripley

http://www.sneakpeek.ca/2015/02/ripley-returning-for-more-alien.html

Don't think I buy that release date, unless it's been in pre-production for months without us knowing and it starts shooting tomorrow. Which almost certainly isn't the case. I'll hold out for a more reliable source.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 20, 2015, 08:22:09 PMPre-production could already be done.

I highly doubt that. I believe Blomkamp when he said the concept art had nothing to do with Fox. In fact I get the feeling he threw that out there as an underhanded sales pitch to the studio. The studio wouldn't have let him release it if it had been done officially for the film, certainly not this early.

Nightmare Asylum

Also, guys, keep in mind that Chappie only finished post a couple weeks ago.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 20, 2015, 08:25:28 PM

Why? ADI is great. Complain about fleshy Aliens, but they were just delivering on the directors' requests. I'd love to see them take a stab at something more Giger-influenced.

ADI are awful and terribly overrated. They've had 4 attempts at the Alien, and cocked it up each time. Let's give someone else a shot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed