Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,986 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Taking Prometheus over Predators.

Spoiler
It's a joke.
[close]

RakaiThwei

Ah. Yeah it's.. kind of hard to tell when one is joking on internet!

But yeah, I'd take Prometheus or AvP films over PREDATORS.

HuDaFuK

I honestly much prefer Predators. At least it didn't have some high and mighty opinion of itself. It was what it was and it knew it.

hfeldhaus

Yeah you've got to give it to Predators, it set out to be uninspiring and derivative, nailing both in the process.

predxeno

predxeno

I never understood what was so bad about Predators actually.  I understand why people dislike AVPR since it's almost like a bad 70's horror flick, but I thought Predators was pretty nicely done (then again I obsessed over all the featurettes and whatnot that was released before the film was, and that helped explain the director's vision more clearly).

DoomRulz

Because Predators, like the AvP movies, couldn't go more than two minutes without paying homage to the older films. There was nothing original about it and it tried to present itself as a fresh product.

hfeldhaus

I wouldn't say Predators is bad, it's a 6/10 film imo

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 20, 2015, 07:12:31 PMit tried to present itself as a fresh product.

I never got that impression at all. I felt like it knew exactly what it was doing.

Spidey3121

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 20, 2015, 06:30:11 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 20, 2015, 06:26:39 PM
I'll choose Prometheus over Predators. Any day.

Agreed.

PREDATORS just made me very apprehensive of future releases of the franchises. For me, that movie is the Robocop 3 of the Predator franchise. I hope Shane's movie ignores it.

O my, I entirely forgot they already announced another Predator movie :laugh:

And yes, I'd take Prometheus over Predators. I didn't care all that much for Predators, honestly. Certainly doesn't match up to P1 or P2. It's serviceable, & at times entertaining, but overall mediocre, & tries too damn hard to remind you of the original, as Doom just pointed about.

DoomRulz

In any event, I'll steer this back to A5 by saying I hope it doesn't end up being the Predators of the Alien franchise. I expect references to the other films, but only because they're story relevant. They don't need to be ham-fisted "wink wink, nudge nudge" moments.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 20, 2015, 07:08:42 PM
I never understood what was so bad about Predators actually.  I understand why people dislike AVPR since it's almost like a bad 70's horror flick, but I thought Predators was pretty nicely done (then again I obsessed over all the featurettes and whatnot that was released before the film was, and that helped explain the director's vision more clearly).

Well for me, it was mostly a project being given to the wrong hands. Namely Robert Rodriguez. I mean after reading the 1994 script which he came up with, I knew I was going to have trouble digesting that movie. And sure, Finch and Litvak overhauled the script to where it was slightly better than what Rodriguez wrote up.. For me it cheapened the Predators themselves.

I mean the whole problem for me was the idea of this Preserve Planet where it was kept in mind for Predators to have every single advantage over their prey. It was no longer about the challenge of the sport, removed the thrill of the hunt. The idea of a Predator alienating themselves into an unfamiliar terrain and putting themselves against the most dangerous game was thrown out when the concept of the Preserve Planet came to be. And the idea of it being a jungle planet too was done for the sake of "taking it back to the jungle". And then there were the Super Predators.. whom I felt completely devalued the original.

Those are my problems with the movie..

As far as Prometheus goes.. I liked it at first. But then over time my opinion of it changed, quite a lot like Resurrection really. I used to like Resurrection as a kid. But in regards to Prometheus.. I found the film to be extremely pretentious, filled with nonsensical metaphorical bull which I really don't need in order to be entertained as far as a movie goes. I am more generous with Prometheus than I am with PREDATORS because I am not so invested in the Alien side of things but... Prometheus is pretentious.

Where yo' monocle at, Prometheus? Muuuhurhurhur!

stroggificated

I'm waiting for the announcement of Winona Ryder's return  8)
Still better than bringing Hicks back to life  :P
Unless he's going to be cloned, but why would you do that and why would his burns be a part of it?
I can't take this very seriously atm.  ;D

predxeno

It could also be a synthetic modeled after Hicks; that was going to be the plot of a 3D Aliens effects show but it got scrapped before it could be produced. :(

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 20, 2015, 07:43:19 PM
It could also be a synthetic modeled after Hicks; that was going to be the plot of a 3D Aliens effects show but it got scrapped before it could be produced. :(

Wait.. what? I never heard of that before!

predxeno

The script is on one of the bonus discs for the Alien Anthology.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed