Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,518 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SuperM on Feb 19, 2015, 11:58:20 PM
I would like to see a film about Robert Morse, who is serving as a creative consultant on a movie based on the best seller he penned after leaving Fury151 titled 'I Don't f**king Believe It Either', which he insists has nothing to do with butter.

The film (within the film) opens with an EEV containing Nicks, Hoot, Bashup and Ridley falling towards a prison planet and loosely recreates the events of Alien 3. The film is secretly financed by Weyland Yutani and is made deliberately bad to discredit Morse, however it is still superior to AVP: Requiem. Fans become obsessed with the characters of Nicks and Hoot and demand sequels. The unexpected success of the movie is frustrating for Weyland Yutani, who tried their hardest to make a terrible movie... but it somehow is a total box office success. A Michael Bay joke is used here. Morse also despises the movie, as sequences shot behind his back show him to be a idiotic, violent, cursing moron who is largely useless and only escapes out of sheer luck. The director insists the portrayal is accurate.

Morse writes another book entitled 'I Still Don't f**king Believe It' and is haunted in his dreams by the alien, which is now one of the most iconic images in the world. Everywhere he goes, he sees xeno dolls, toys, action figures. The beast is everywhere. His crusade to expose Weyland Yutani has failed. He overdoses and dies.

The final scene shows Morse's death on a cinema screen, and as the camera pulls back we see 'Hicks' smoking a cigar, watching the credits roll. 'What a f**king load of shit' he says, as the film fades out.

That you SM?

xeno-kaname

I noticed that people were arguing about this movie's placement in the chronology for the past few pages.

We don't have much to speculate from, but I'd take the official Fox statement to be the clearest, and with it being the newest development, probably the closest to the truth.

A SEQUEL to the ALIEN FRANCHISE. Not to the Prometheus franchise. Not a prequel to the Alien franchise. All other "reports" are probably unsubstantiated. It's very early for all this information to be leaking.

And I guess this movie will be a Prometheus 2 sequel by proxy, but the Fox statement makes it sound like it's directly a sequel to the Alien franchise.

I don't understand why people are bothered by the prospect of Prometheus and Alien being even more interconnected. Maybe in some ways, yes, Prometheus shook the thematic ground of the series. But I still think they compliment each other. Even with whatever flaws Prometheus may have

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I liked Prometheus for what it was, even though the second half was an absolute mess (full of shoddy editing/pacing and gaping plot holes--I always point to the C-Section sequence as an example. A terrific scene, bookended by two of the absolute dumbest moments in the film that almost completely take me out of the film. Oh, Shaw just ran off to go abort her alien baby. Let's just let her do her thing IN WEYLAND'S MED POD, no harm no foul. We'll just use the time to wake up Weyland WHO IS TOTALLY ON THE VERGE OF DEATH AND MIGHT NEED THAT MED POD UPON WAKING UP. Oh, and we won't bother seeing if the alien baby survived or not. Or studying it. Or anything.).

I liked the Engineers, but as their own thing. I wish that they weren't the Space Jockies, that they weren't human. Prometheus did rupture the thematic ground on which Alien stood. It did it with extremely interesting ideas, things that I still would like to see further explored, but I would have preferred it done another step removed from the world of Alien. Incomprehensible cosmic horrors, by very definition, shouldn't have to be relatable, let alone human.

DoomRulz

If this film will be a sequel, they by default Hicks can't be in it so we might as well stop hoping.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

It could easily be a sequel to Aliens though. Only time will tell, really.

At this point I really don't care. Just curious to see what Blomkamp does with the film in general. While I'd prefer if Alien 3 stayed intact, like Val said it's not like that film didn't mess with continuity in its own ways (lol egg magically tucked away on the ship), and fans still get behind it. 

And even if this film does, for lack of a better term, "overwrite" Alien 3, it's not like it's going to go anywhere. I--and everyone else--can still watch and enjoy it on its own. At the end of the day, all these are is movies. Heavy continuity is cool if you're into that sort of thing, but for me a lot of the fun and intrigue of the Alien series has been seeing new filmmakers come in and put their own stamp on it. Each film has its own identity, and to see the franchise go in yet another new direction under new vision will hopefully make for another interesting experience.

KiramidHead

Now I'm wondering who Copley will play. Mocap on Alien queen, maybe? :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Hurry up and watch Elysium mang. I want to hear your thoughts on Kruger. :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Hope Blomkamp eventually gets around to doing that Kruger GTA style spinoff he talked about. Just one big epic heist movie!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 20, 2015, 03:33:06 PMHurry up and watch Elysium mang. I want to hear your thoughts on Kruger. :P

"Pull it out! It's just a flesh wound, Butch!" *BOOM*

gabgrave

gabgrave

Actually, considering Blomkamp has this thing for powered armor, what do you think are the odds of seeing ALICE verses Alien Horde and Queen in the film? Either that or the Berserker Armor, or something along the lines of the XM-550 CHAS Unit?
I've always been in awe of CHAS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z22BJbx-HJc#

RakaiThwei

Quote from: gabgrave on Feb 20, 2015, 04:04:02 PM
Actually, considering Blomkamp has this thing for powered armor, what do you think are the odds of seeing ALICE verses Alien Horde and Queen in the film? Either that or the Berserker Armor, or something long the lines of the XM-550 CHAS Unit?

Doubtful as far as seeing ALICE or the Berserker MAX Armor is concerned. Blomkamp isn't necessarily beholding to the EU, let alone the old EU whatsoever.

Corporal Hicks

I could easily see him using some form of exo-armor. His concept art would suggest he's got an interest in using the Engineer exosuits.

gabgrave

gabgrave

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 20, 2015, 04:09:58 PM
Doubtful as far as seeing ALICE or the Berserker MAX Armor is concerned. Blomkamp isn't necessarily beholding to the EU, let alone the old EU whatsoever.
It doesn't have to be them specifically, but something along the same lines. Essentially the powerloader fight with lots of guns, Micheal Bay explosions and JJ Abrams lens flares, and a ton of aliens on screen.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 20, 2015, 04:12:41 PM
I could easily see him using some form of exo-armor. His concept art would suggest he's got an interest in using the Engineer exosuits.
Those look kinda skintight though. Unless they have something along the size of the original Space Jockey.

Its Auto

Its Auto

I actually take Colonial Marines as canon in the sense that we know the events happen, but not exactly as portrayed in the game.. I think of the game in a similar fashion to 'Alien Trilogy' - Ripley did face her nightmares on LV-426, she did end up in a maximum security prison.. Just not how we played it in the game.. Colonial Marines happened, we know the Sephora was dispatched to LV-426, as it is also mentioned in Aliens: Infestation.. We just havent seen how these events 'really happened' yet ;-) (my personal take)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed