Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 297,147 times)

robbritton

Thing is, it can follow directly THEMATICALLY from Prometheus 2 but still take place chronologically after Alien Resurrection, or Aliens, or wherever they're putting it. No-one knows anything yet, don't worry about it.

HuDaFuK

Considering Scott has repeatedly stated the Prometheus sequel will have less to do with Alien, not more, I'm inclined to dismiss that statement as BS.

JPredator

Wow, ive got to say that for the first time i am open to alien 3 and 4 being ripleys nightmare based on the idea someone in this topic came up with. Sorry i read it and went to reply so fast i didnt catch the name of the poster.

Prometheus showed us the company has the ability to look into peoples dreams so what if the company simply intercepted the sulaco and has been running simulations on Ripley to test the aliens resourcefulness based on ripleys real experiences.

thats one way that ties the alien films to prometheus and makes sense in terms of alien 3 and 4 existing but also alowing hicks and newt to be alive.

thats the first idea ive heard that i think would be acceptable if the film makers insist on having hicks and newt alive it it being a sequel to aliens.

kudos to whoever came up with that.

Russ

it was a guest called "The Evil Pred" - I'm in agreement, its a brilliant scenario, one that fits the 'vers and and the nature of WeyYu

HuDaFuK

Really? Because I think it's an awful, incredibly cheap idea.

If they have to undo the third and fourth films, I'd honestly rather they just wrote them off completely than do something silly like that. I was taught in primary school that "It was all a dream" is among the weakest narrative devices.

Perfect-Organism

Hudafuk has a good point but I'm split on the idea.  "It was all a bad dream" is a terrible literary device, but in the case of Ripley it was established in 86 that she has terrible dreams and can't sleep.  A dream that Newt dies is entirely plausible.  A dream that WY or USCMC betrays her and clones her is also plausible.  If ever the dream angle made sense, it is here.  It could be a way to fix the damage caused by A3 and AR without retconning those films entirely.  I do really like Alien 3 so if done cleverly, this could make sense.  It would all have to be about the execution...

Russ

HuDa's vehemently anti any "nightmare" scenario, I think - the one postulated by The Evil Pred is solid as far as I'm concerned. We'll probably find out that the Evil Pred is Neill Blomkamp in disguise and is testing the water *lol*

Corporal Hicks

It completely works - especially after Prometheus. It's just cheap.

Russ

Waking up in bed screaming and having an adult Newt come over an ask "if the dreams are getting worse again" is cheap. Evil Pred's notion isn't cheap in that its the best and most fitting retcon idea I've read on here (in my view only, all the others are equally fine, this is just my favourite one because it actually works with what we know to be "true" of both Hypersleep and how Wey-Yu operate.

Corporal Hicks

It's still cheap. Regardless of execution, "it was all a dream" will always be a cheap story device.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 20, 2015, 01:29:22 PMIt's still cheap. Regardless of execution, "it was all a dream" will always be a cheap story device.

Exactly.

If they're going to write off the later films - and I'd very much rather they didn't - but if that's what they decide to do, better to just ignore them totally and start over from the end of Aliens.

szkoki

2 movies as dreams :D okay

Rather time travel. BTW the Hicks and Ripley  concept art doesnt mean they will be in the movie. Lets wait it out what Fox approves and Riddley approves -if he is really included- as script.

Nightmare Asylum

No dreams.

No time travel.

No splinter universe/timeline.

If they're going to ignore something, just flat out ignore it. Simple.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Exactly. You guys are overthinking this aspect.

marrerom

Its you guys who are dreaming.  Weaver, Ridley Scott, Blomkamp, and especially fox aren't going to ignore the last two films just to appeal to a minority of butt hurt fanboys who never got over the fact that they didn't get more marines vs Aliens action in the later sequels.

Go ask the Strause bros to come back if you want lazy and cheap idea's like dream sequences in this new alien movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed