Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,461 times)

hfeldhaus

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 20, 2015, 06:50:38 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 20, 2015, 04:27:43 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 20, 2015, 04:15:31 AM
Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 20, 2015, 03:41:50 AM
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/90478/ridley-scott-producing-neill-blomkamps-alien-film-tied-prometheus/

So Alien V is going to be the Alien prequel then? Well... Know what.. I'm just not gonna pay attention to the news until it's all confirmed. As long as it doesn't retcon Alien 3 and Resurrection... I'm fine. I don't care.

At this point, keep me posted on the Shane Black Predator movie guys.

This is what I read earlier on comicbookmoveie but it was shot down on here. I'll say again P2 introduces the Alien the Blomkamp's P3 links to Alien and is probably a fully fledged Alien film.

Where did they say that?  I heard we'll be getting an Alien that isn't connected to Alien (or something), sounds rather contradictory to me but I don't think we'll be seeing an "Alien". :-\

It's all rumour and conjecture at this point. We won't know until we're told. My guess though is that Blomkamp wants to make an Alien film. Going off the basis that it will follow chronologically on from Prometheus 2, it's possible that it will be the link between Prometheus and Alien.

Chris!(($$))!

I don't think I've ever been so excited and worried about the same thing. Even with Godzilla 2014 I felt very safe and sound as well as excited as f**k and it paid off IMO. But so much more damage has been done to the ALIEN franchise then the Godzilla franchise. Let's all use our collective wills to put this FILM on the right track.

Also as much as I like Ripley and Weaver PLEASE just let her character RIP(ley)

whiterabbit

YES

Totally thinking it is yes but nothing is ever perfect.

Then again, why not. Give me some more alienzsz now!

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 20, 2015, 03:29:57 AM
A back to basic action-horror with some good character? Infinitely more palatable than "WHAT IT MEANS TO BE HUMAN IN THIS DARK AND UNFORGIVING UNIVERSE" writ large and erratically.

I was commenting on the previous posts claiming Prometheus destroyed the mystery and unknown terror. My experience with Neill Blomkamp suggests any kind of mystery or unknown terror will not be an issue.

Gash

Indifferent at the moment.

If Ripley and Hicks are in it, then it's just bullshit.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Junglist on Feb 20, 2015, 06:45:58 AM
Am I the only one that's upset about this?

Why?

whiterabbit

I've been waiting for a movie for so long I don't even care what the hell happens anymore. Just happy that it appears to be in the making.  :laugh:

However, seriously, why should anyone be upset over another alien movie?

predxeno

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 20, 2015, 06:57:19 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 20, 2015, 06:50:38 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 20, 2015, 04:27:43 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 20, 2015, 04:15:31 AM
Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 20, 2015, 03:41:50 AM
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/90478/ridley-scott-producing-neill-blomkamps-alien-film-tied-prometheus/

So Alien V is going to be the Alien prequel then? Well... Know what.. I'm just not gonna pay attention to the news until it's all confirmed. As long as it doesn't retcon Alien 3 and Resurrection... I'm fine. I don't care.

At this point, keep me posted on the Shane Black Predator movie guys.

This is what I read earlier on comicbookmoveie but it was shot down on here. I'll say again P2 introduces the Alien the Blomkamp's P3 links to Alien and is probably a fully fledged Alien film.

Where did they say that?  I heard we'll be getting an Alien that isn't connected to Alien (or something), sounds rather contradictory to me but I don't think we'll be seeing an "Alien". :-\

It's all rumour and conjecture at this point. We won't know until we're told. My guess though is that Blomkamp wants to make an Alien film. Going off the basis that it will follow chronologically on from Prometheus 2, it's possible that it will be the link between Prometheus and Alien.

I hope they stay away from Prometheus, Alien really does need a fresh start; a LOT of people on the web hate Prometheus (some probably as much as the AVP films), if Fox is too chicken to reference the AVP films in any of their future stories then it seems quite illogical to do something similar with Prometheus given its standing in the fan community.  Considering the fact that this is the first Alien movie in a long time, something that all of us seriously thought may never happen, if this movie ends up blowing then it really would be the final nail in the coffin.  I think it's too risky too reference any controversial works if we want this film to be a success.

KiramidHead

I just watched District 9 for the first time... and I kind of want to xenos fight a mech. :laugh: Seriously, though, I have a bit of faith in Blomkamp now.

OpenMaw

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 20, 2015, 07:34:19 AM
I just watched District 9 for the first time... and I kind of want to xenos fight a mech. :laugh: Seriously, though, I have a bit of faith in Blomkamp now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NO-0lASUw#ws

:laugh:

KiramidHead

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 20, 2015, 07:39:28 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 20, 2015, 07:34:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NO-0lASUw#ws

:laugh:

Okay, I derped a bit there. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 20, 2015, 07:34:19 AMI just watched District 9 for the first time... and I kind of want to xenos fight a mech. :laugh: Seriously, though, I have a bit of faith in Blomkamp now.

Derping aside... :) District 9 freaking rocks. My favourite movie of the last decade.

szkoki

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 10:56:04 AM
Biehn is too old to play Hicks now if you ask me. And I don't really wanna see the role recast.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 19, 2015, 10:50:41 AMAnd Weaver wanted Ripley to die in Alien 3. Things change. :)

Ripley did die in Alien 3. She wasn't Ripley any more when she came back.

yeah i also thought about that but khmmm

i totally forget about this

Russ

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 20, 2015, 08:17:40 AM

They're not providing a source...

I still think it's conjecture. Nothing more.
[/quote]

This ^

QuoteNot only will Scott be producing but it's being said that Blomkamp's unnamed Alien film will take place directly following the events of Prometheus 2, which Scott is currently working on. The first Prometheus was loosely tied to the Alien franchise, and it looks like that connection will soon become stronger than ever.

"It's being said..." is not that reliable a source. It's being said on AvP Galaxy that its a retcon that happens after A:R, that stars Sigourney Weaver, Ripley is dead, Hicks and Newt are alive (and dead) and Amanda Ripley's the main character.

Not at the same time, though.

They may as well have said "sources close to Blomkamp have confirmed..."

On the other hand, it did make me panic a bit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed