Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 297,172 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 20, 2015, 04:27:43 AM
This is what I read earlier on comicbookmoveie but it was shot down on here. I'll say again P2 introduces the Alien the Blomkamp's P3 links to Alien and is probably a fully fledged Alien film.

I'm not taking anything until the finer details are clarified and confirmed.

Right now everything is in development hell.. We're not even in production, so at this point.. Call me when details are released.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 20, 2015, 04:15:31 AM
Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 20, 2015, 03:41:50 AM
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/90478/ridley-scott-producing-neill-blomkamps-alien-film-tied-prometheus/

So Alien V is going to be the Alien prequel then? Well... Know what.. I'm just not gonna pay attention to the news until it's all confirmed. As long as it doesn't retcon Alien 3 and Resurrection... I'm fine. I don't care.

At this point, keep me posted on the Shane Black Predator movie guys.

This is what I read earlier on comicbookmoveie but it was shot down on here. I'll say again P2 introduces the Alien the Blomkamp's P3 links to Alien and is probably a fully fledged Alien film.

OMG tied to prom? Do not care about this film at all now.

Vrastal

I liekd prometheous but the way fire ans tone tied in felt super messy and poorly written, i hope that its connected by explaining how lv426 derelict  got there or something ..

RakaiThwei

Can we get this settled? Confirm or debunk this claim?

What do they mean it's set directly after Prometheus 2? Do they mean it's going to be filmed after Prometheus 2 or is it chronologically in universe being set after Prometheus 2? So much confusion!

Vrastal

im thinking both. which means we probably wont see it till 2020

Magegg

For what we know, Prometheus 2 might take place in the future, you know, lightspeed travel, relativity... I wouldn't be surprised if we get to see Ripley and Shaw sharing screen.

Vrastal

Weare following shaw and david, unless engineers have time travel (i hope they dont) we wont be seeing them with ripley 8

Magegg

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 20, 2015, 05:10:36 AM
Weare following shaw and david, unless engineers have time travel (i hope they dont) we wont be seeing them with ripley 8
But this will still be an Alien movie, not Prometheus³.

Vrastal

remember when Prometheus was supposed to be an alien prequel?

HOPEFULLY they keep it alien i just wonder how Aliens(s) it will stay

iiiUMFiii

iiiUMFiii

This is good. Really good. They take so long to process these sequels I am surprised I lived to ever see an avp film ::)  ::)

So quit all yer bishin and harsh comments "tell dat bish to be cool" 8)

HappyAlien

So is it going to be Alien 5 set after AliensR or Aliens? Or is it set right after Prometheus 2 but before Alien making it an Alien prequel and not really Alien 5.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HappyAlien on Feb 20, 2015, 06:35:42 AM
So is it going to be Alien 5 set after AliensR or Aliens? Or is it set right after Prometheus 2 but before Alien making it an Alien prequel and not really Alien 5.

Rumor has it that it's set directly after Prometheus 2. Whatever that means it either could mean it's set to film after Prometheus 2, or it's chronologically set after Prometheus 2 and is an Alien prequel or sequel.

Junglist

Am I the only one that's upset about this?

predxeno

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 20, 2015, 04:15:31 AM
Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 20, 2015, 03:41:50 AM
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/90478/ridley-scott-producing-neill-blomkamps-alien-film-tied-prometheus/

So Alien V is going to be the Alien prequel then? Well... Know what.. I'm just not gonna pay attention to the news until it's all confirmed. As long as it doesn't retcon Alien 3 and Resurrection... I'm fine. I don't care.

At this point, keep me posted on the Shane Black Predator movie guys.

Where did they say that?  I heard we'll be getting an Alien that isn't connected to Alien (or something), sounds rather contradictory to me but I don't think we'll be seeing an "Alien". :-\

SuicideDoors

I think it's a given it's going to star Sigourney Weaver so I wouldn't worry about the Prometheus links too much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed