Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,999 times)

Ultramorph

It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to have it both ways, IE set the movie after Resurrection, but have Hicks return either as a clone or a synthetic. Remember synthetic Ripley from the novelization of Female War?

Either way, I'm looking forward to following this as it develops. I'm just so excited that a new Alien movie is finally happening!

xeno-kaname

Hell Hicks doesn't have to be a synthetic if it's after Resurrection. Leave that to Sharlto Copley.

Chances are, if they pull the Hicks conspiracy theory from A:CM, they can just say WY ended up freezing Hicks in hyper sleep after using him for several years to fight Xeno infestations. That would explain his age.

Aquarius8

I think the title should have a Roman Numeral in it, "ALIEN V".  WOW.

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Aquarius8 on Feb 19, 2015, 06:29:12 PM
I think the title should have a Roman Numeral in it, "ALIEN V".  WOW.
Yeah I think so too. Mentioned that in the other thread that is purely dedicated to the title.

Aquarius8

I say go the Cyborg/Android Humaniod Route with Hicks.   They can say the Colonial Marines used his DNA cause he was a great solider and created a cloned version.  The scars on his face is cause that's how he looked when he died.   I mean I just think the whole "OH HICKS LIVED" thing doesn't feel right, feels kinda force and screaming at old school fans like myself  but is it right for the story?  I'm all for Hicks coming back but I don't think they should erase Alien 3 and 4.  Just set this way into the future.  The only way that will make sense is I said an "Alternate Timeline" scenario or You have Ripley wake up in Cryo-Sleep after "Aliens" as if 3 and 4 did not happen but was all some kind of dream.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 19, 2015, 06:26:34 PMChances are, if they pull the Hicks conspiracy theory from A:CM, they can just say WY ended up freezing Hicks in hyper sleep after using him for several years to fight Xeno infestations. That would explain his age.

Except a) people don't age in hypersleep and b) why the hell would they bother?

DoomRulz

Why exactly do we want Hicks back? He was a cool character, but his arc is over.

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 19, 2015, 07:03:44 PM
Why exactly do we want Hicks back? He was a cool character, but his arc is over.

Because the character was unfairly cut down for no good reason.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

General audiences are all over Aliens. The whole excision of Hicks and Newt seems to be an ongoing resentment.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Russ on Feb 19, 2015, 04:23:48 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 19, 2015, 04:11:36 PM
So fricking glad Hicks isn't coming back. My guess P2 will carry on with the engineers and introduce the Alien fully, the Blomkamp will make an Alien film that directly relates to the original

Hick's isn't back? Where did this come from, I missed the link, can you repost?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 02:43:14 PM
Steven Seagal's direct-to-video career seems to disagree with you... :P

And you can take that to the bank. The blood bank.

Sorry should have made clear that that post was purely my opinion. If Hicks does come though I'm done with the film altogether. Shoehorning a dead character into a film is always a bad start to a film m. All in the name of fan wankery as well. I liked the concept art but as concept alone.

predxeno

If they do have Hicks, I hope they follow the A:CM arc so that at least something good can come from that fiasco.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 19, 2015, 07:06:19 PM
If they do have Hicks, I hope they follow the A:CM arc so that at least something good can come from that fiasco.

In the train wreck that was ACM, Hicks being alive and their explanation of it was not good. There is no good way to bring him back.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 19, 2015, 07:06:19 PMIf they do have Hicks, I hope they follow the A:CM arc so that at least something good can come from that fiasco.

I cannot express how devastated I would be if they decide to follow on from that with this film. The way they attempted to justify Hicks being alive in that game was an absolute disgrace and an insult to the intelligence.

scarhunter92

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 19, 2015, 04:20:06 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 19, 2015, 02:18:20 PM
If Blomkamp ditches Ripley for all new characters, I'm happy with that.

If he wants to do a Superman Returns and ignore Alien 3 and 4, I'm happy with that. The third movie had little regard for continuity or concern with the second film, and is applauded for doing so by its fans. So bring it.
On. f**king. Point.

I've stopped caring, and I've recently been spoiled when it comes to this franchise with Alien Isolation, just after it got as seemingly bad as it could possibly get with Colon Marines, so now it's basically win/win/whatever for me, and the tears of all others are delicious. Num num num.

Yup. Totally agree.

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 07:16:18 PM
I cannot express how devastated I would be if they decide to follow on from that with this film. The way they attempted to justify Hicks being alive in that game was an absolute disgrace and an insult to the intelligence.

A lot of people say the Stasis Interrupted DLC made his return a little more palatable.

I don't know, I watched that sequence where Hicks is brought out of hypersleep and was in tears laughing at the WY guy putting somebody else in Hick's tube. Just freaking hysterically done with absolutely no subtlety or anything.

So, yeah, if they're gonna bring Hicks back it better not be the way Colonial Marines did it. That's a textbook example of how not to do it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed