Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,000 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Feb 19, 2015, 04:25:34 PM
Ripley being human and  carrying on the fight would be much more dramatic and true to the roots, but would derail the continuity and confuse general audiences. 

I'm not sure that's entirely true. Most people I know lose track sometime after Aliens. Fans on the other hand will be able to roll with it without confusion, I think.

Ripley28

Ripley28

I'd be fine with them just ignoring everything post-Aliens and doing their own things.  As for Hicks, I saw Alien 3 for the first time years ago when was 10.  I hated THAT scene then and I hate it even more now.  It's actually my most hated moment of the entire franchise, so monumentally dumb.  So by all means, bring Hicks back, and Newt, and Bishop, I'm all for it.  Killing them off in the first place, especially how it was done, was a massive mistake.

Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 19, 2015, 05:12:32 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 19, 2015, 04:54:38 PM
They say that Ridley Scott/Scott Free is producing this film as well.  Ugh, can't that guy just stay in the Prometheus franchise?  After that movie, I don't want him coming anywhere near this.

It's a sad day when us fans feel the same way about Ridley Scott as we do about Lucas. We want them to stay away from what they once created so long ago, because for some reason, they make it worse when they go back to it.

Ridley Scott has been on a cold streak in general recently, at least for me.  Robin Hood, Prometheus, The Counselor, Exodus: Gods and Kings, all incredibly disappointing.  Heck at this point I don't want him doing the Blade Runner sequel either.

Magegg

Can someone change to title of this thread to "Alien 5"? :D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Siggy talks Chappie and Alien 5 on The Tonight Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uFJGg_GKts#t=34

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 05:18:37 PM
Can someone change to title of this thread to "Alien 5"? :D

But what if it's going to be Alien 3?  ???

Magegg

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 19, 2015, 05:23:18 PMBut what if it's going to be Alien 3?  ???
Just change the title again when that's confirmed.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I reckon we should just go with the working title "Aliens 2.0" for now.  :D

Corporal Hicks

Kel G 426

QuoteI wouldn't mind a film that sort of ignores ALIEN 3 and 4. (As much as I loved 3.) Ripley being human and  carrying on the fight would be much more dramatic and true to the roots, but would derail the continuity and confuse general audiences. 

Audiences by now should be pretty familiar with reboots and do-over sequels, and if I had to guess, I'd say Aliens is much better remembered than the latter sequels by general audiences.

Immortan Jonesy

If this is Alien 5, we can expect to see WY?

Magegg

Quote from: Kelgaard on Feb 19, 2015, 05:40:55 PMAudiences by now should be pretty familiar with reboots and do-over sequels, and if I had to guess, I'd say Aliens is much better remembered than the latter sequels by general audiences.
Most people are only familiar with Alien and Aliens, the other two movies didn't reach the collective memory status or they plain prefer to forget them, just like they prefer to forget Alien vs Predator and Requiem. I mean, I don't think we can find too many people that do remember whatever happened on Alien 3 and 4 or have cherished memories about that...

Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 19, 2015, 01:04:40 AMugh seriously....why

Can we please keep Ridley out of the picture?
Probably not. Ticket sales, you know ;)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 05:42:56 PMMost people are only familiar with Alien and Aliens, the other two movies didn't reach the collective memory status or they plain prefer to forget them, just like they prefer to forget Alien vs Predator and Requiem. I mean, I don't think we can find too many people that do remember whatever happened on Alien 3 and 4 or have cherished memories about that...

I disagree with all this talk of people forgetting about the later films.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows Ripley died. It's kind of major, memorable plot point. My parents are hardly Alien fans, but they know Ripley's dead.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 19, 2015, 05:23:18 PM
But what if it's going to be Alien 3?  ???

Then you have the option of picking and choosing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 05:33:27 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 19, 2015, 05:23:18 PMBut what if it's going to be Alien 3?  ???
Just change the title again when that's confirmed.
Yeah, I will wait till then. No sense in calling it Alien5 if it does not follow 3 and 4.

I think the title is fine as it is for now; we will change it with further data acquired.

Magegg

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 05:51:39 PMI'm pretty sure everyone knows Ripley died. It's kind of major, memorable plot point. My parents are hardly Alien fans, but they know Ripley's dead.
And they liked her to die?

Do they know Ripley was cloned into an acidic blood action-star version of her, and are they OK with that?

Would they be against seeing more Ripley and Hicks?

Most people didn't like that Ripley died because they didn't like Alien 3, or in the best of the cases they were completly "whatever" about Ripley's and Alien 3 was completely 'meh' for them. So, I think most people wouldn't mind Ripley and Hicks just being unexplainedly alive again, and in many cases they would love them to be back.

Just like they said above, people nowadays understand the reboot term, they could find a way to work a reboot sequel just like X-Men or Terminator, with an explanation or without it.

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 19, 2015, 06:09:38 PM
I think the title is fine as it is for now; we will change it with further data acquired.
OK.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 06:10:04 PMAnd they liked her to die?

When did I ever say anything about liking it? I said they remembered.

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 06:10:04 PMMost people didn't like that Ripley died because they didn't like Alien 3, or in the best of the cases they were completly "whatever" about Ripley's and Alien 3 was completely 'meh' for them. So, I think most people wouldn't mind Ripley and Hicks just being unexplainedly alive again, and in many cases they would love them to be back.

This forum has shown plenty of people definitely do not want them back.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed