Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 297,211 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal HicksFollowing all the recent news regarding the potential Alien 5 project by District 9 and Chappie helmer Neil Blomkamp, he posted a piece of H.R Giger's concept artwork for Alien on his Instragram with the notation "I think it's officially my next film. #alien".

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/02/19/blomkamps-alien-5-official/

*Neill Blomkamp

Two "L"'s Corporal.  ;)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 19, 2015, 04:11:36 PMMy guess P2 will carry on with the engineers and introduce the Alien fully

People keep saying this, yet Scott has made it clear the Prometheus sequel will have even less to do with the Alien than the first one.

Given that they're now making a bonafide Alien film as well, that seems entirely likely.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 19, 2015, 02:18:20 PM
If Blomkamp ditches Ripley for all new characters, I'm happy with that.

If he wants to do a Superman Returns and ignore Alien 3 and 4, I'm happy with that. The third movie had little regard for continuity or concern with the second film, and is applauded for doing so by its fans. So bring it.
On. f**king. Point.

I've stopped caring, and I've recently been spoiled when it comes to this franchise with Alien Isolation, just after it got as seemingly bad as it could possibly get with Colon Marines, so now it's basically win/win/whatever for me, and the tears of all others are delicious. Num num num.

Russ

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 19, 2015, 04:11:36 PM
So fricking glad Hicks isn't coming back. My guess P2 will carry on with the engineers and introduce the Alien fully, the Blomkamp will make an Alien film that directly relates to the original

Hick's isn't back? Where did this come from, I missed the link, can you repost?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 02:43:14 PM
Steven Seagal's direct-to-video career seems to disagree with you... :P

And you can take that to the bank. The blood bank.

Bat Chain Puller

Blomkamp has the chops to pull this off visually.

All we can hope for is a smart script with teeth and the right balance of thrills, action, and drama.

If the script is weak, or a slapdash of fan service we can count on this being Elysium with aliens in it.

I think everyone I've ever met who loves ALIEN and ALIENS wants a proper sequel that brings the aliens to earth and we get to go to the home world. (If such a thing even exists anymore.) I wouldn't mind a film that sort of ignores ALIEN 3 and 4. (As much as I loved 3.) Ripley being human and  carrying on the fight would be much more dramatic and true to the roots, but would derail the continuity and confuse general audiences. 

On the other hand Hybrid Ripley has a lot of potential and throwing her back into the mix with Aliens and the new Prometheus lore could be really awesome if handled correctly.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Feb 19, 2015, 04:23:48 PMAnd you can take that to the bank. The blood bank.

:laugh: 10 points for you.

DoomRulz

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 04:15:16 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 19, 2015, 04:11:36 PMMy guess P2 will carry on with the engineers and introduce the Alien fully

People keep saying this, yet Scott has made it clear the Prometheus sequel will have even less to do with the Alien than the first one.

Given that they're now making a bonafide Alien film as well, that seems entirely likely.

I think it's best if the films don't tie in to each other at all. Let them be their own thing. Prometheus can't be an Alien prequel anymore so let Riddles do whatever he wants with it. I'd rather see Blomkamp make something unique.

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2015, 04:25:52 PM
Quote from: Russ on Feb 19, 2015, 04:23:48 PMAnd you can take that to the bank. The blood bank.

:laugh: 10 points for you.

dun dun dundundundun.

I thank you.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Feb 19, 2015, 04:25:34 PM
Blomkamp has the chops to pull this off visually.

All we can hope for is a smart script with teeth and the right balance of thrills, action, and drama.

If the script is weak, or a slapdash of fan service we can count on this being Elysium with aliens in it.

I think everyone I've ever met who loves ALIEN and ALIENS wants a proper sequel that brings the aliens to earth and we get to go to the home world. (If such a thing even exists anymore.) I wouldn't mind a film that sort of ignores ALIEN 3 and 4. (As much as I loved 3.) Ripley being human and  carrying on the fight would be much more dramatic and true to the roots, but would derail the continuity and confuse general audiences. 

On the other hand Hybrid Ripley has a lot of potential and throwing her back into the mix with Aliens and the new Prometheus lore could be really awesome if handled correctly.

I can agree but bringing the aliens to earth is likely what contributed to the failure of AVP  films(other than the obvious). We are always told that should Aliens reach earth, it would be devastation....but it wasn't.

Don't really like the hybrid storyline, too silly for my tastes. Alien to Alien 3 kept things dark and gritty, Resurrection just went wacky, I can appreciete the style and artistic view but it was just nonsense and over the top.

Adam802

I see two options that I would be equally fine with (assuming the script is well written and well executed, of course.)

Retcon Version:
Retcons Alien 3 and Resurrection, and starts a new story taking place some time after Al()ENS.  Involves Ripley and Hicks versing Weyland-Yutani.

Non-Retcon Version:
Takes place after Alien 3 (with Ripley dead), but way before Resurrection.  Since there's like a 200 year gap there, i'm sure they could invent a new story in there with new characters.  WY still trying to engineer aliens as bio-weapons, and new characters discovering the horror and trying to stop it. They wouldn't have to "retcon" resurrection, just ignore it since it wont happen for another 200 years or so.   

DoomRulz

The non-retcon version doesn't sound so bad, but it does seem like it could be a retread of Aliens.

predxeno

They say that Ridley Scott/Scott Free is producing this film as well.  Ugh, can't that guy just stay in the Prometheus franchise?  After that movie, I don't want him coming anywhere near this.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 19, 2015, 04:11:36 PM
So fricking glad Hicks isn't coming back. My guess P2 will carry on with the engineers and introduce the Alien fully, the Blomkamp will make an Alien film that directly relates to the original

Where is that confirmed at? Did i miss something because no cast has been announced yet.

Okay, so here's whats going to happen... Resurrection Ripley is going to time travel back to right after the events of Aliens and right before the events of Alien 3. She's going to sneak on board the Sulaco and rid it of the Alien egg that is there. Then she is going to smile at Newt, who is asleep, and then eject herself out of the ship killing herself. Or, better yet, she will stick around and when Ripley, Hicks, Bishop, and Newt all wake up, tell them crazy stories of what almost happened to them.

The end.

(I'm joking. All this sounds terrible).  :laugh: :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 19, 2015, 04:54:38 PM
They say that Ridley Scott/Scott Free is producing this film as well.  Ugh, can't that guy just stay in the Prometheus franchise?  After that movie, I don't want him coming anywhere near this.

Producing is not the same as directing. Most likely Ridley will just be lending his name to this production like he did with Halo Nightfall.

Would have loved for Scott to be the production designer on Blomkamp's film but for obvious reason's this isn't going to happen.

Samus007

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 19, 2015, 04:54:38 PM

It's a sad day when us fans feel the same way about Ridley Scott as we do about Lucas. We want them to stay away from what they once created so long ago, because for some reason, they make it worse when they go back to it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed