Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,402 times)

Magegg

Just throw some Hicks, Newt and Bishop clones and let's f**king go :D

Vrastal

I am so nervous about what direction this will go. retconing  is a stupid idea. Retconning jsut seems so unserious. With scott doing it though i think we could see this being a stand alone film, i dont think he wasnt to see ripley back or hicks, has he ever said anything about aliens?

I hope they dont go with the man in the suit look, man in a suit looks silly. If they took a bit from alien 3, isolation and aliens it would look good.

I hope we get a more aliens style movie. Hives multiple aliens, i think that would be really cool.

I hope we get a stand alone film, that would be the best case scenario. Itll be easier to write new characters, new story and new settings.

Maybe we will find out how WY learns of the alien to begin with, or how the ship crashed on 426.

AS it is, im extremely nervous and trying not to get  too excited.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I wonder when Fox will have the movie come out? I don't think Prometheus 2 is coming out anytime soon. Could Fox have both Predator 4 and Alien 5 coming out in 2017?

Vrastal

late 2017 would be the earliest release date for ALien, predators and prometheous

Magegg

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 19, 2015, 02:28:41 AMEX: Superman Returns had many problems to be sure, but one of them was not that it retconned III and IV. It actually did that part quite well.
Yeah, but that can have a very easy in-universe explanation:

Nightgaunt

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 19, 2015, 04:37:49 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 19, 2015, 04:35:14 AM
I would be very ok with this movie forgetting Alien 3 and Resurrection. Don't even explain them away-- just do a new timeline.

If in a similar vein to what Halloween H20 did with Halloween IV to VI, and set them aside as an alternative timeline is what you mean, then I would be completely for that.

What no Halloween 3 Season of the Witch?  ;)

I feel like this might be the route they go.  I'd love to see more of the Weyland Yutani era. Blomkamp would nail the look. Stoked this is really happening. 

chrisr232007

Great news! Here is hoping for the best!

Magegg

What if Prometheus is indeed a franchise reboot rather than a prequel, and this movie's about an alternate universe version of Hicks and Ripley set in that universe?

Ryley J. Lyons

Ryley J. Lyons

Mid 2016 seems like a good estimate for the release date of Alien 5, given that it will mark the 30th anniversary of Aliens. I'd guess mid 2017 for Predator, since that will mark the 30th anniversary of Predator. And for Prometheus 2, I'm not really sure. They really seem tentative to give any new info about the project, other than that it is actually happening.

Vrastal

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 05:28:11 AM
What if Prometheus is indeed a franchise reboot rather than a prequel, and this movie's about an alternate universe version of Hicks and Ripley set in that universe?

no thanks

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 03:14:47 AM
Just Make:

Shaw & Ripley: Xenos of Future Past.
Ok that was a good one  :laugh:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they tried making a shared universe with separate franchises a la Fire and Stone. Specially with all these studios trying to get on that bandwagon.

Predator 4, Alien V, Prometheus 2. Maybe another attempt at AvP in the far future. I'm not saying I want this to happen, but this sounds like something Fox would do.

RakaiThwei

I am all for an alternate universe and everything but someone mentioned the whole shared universe thing thanks to Fire and Stone. If Fox is going for a whole shared universe thing going on, then it's being handled... I don't want to say sloppily but taking thirty something year old movies, which were separate.. then unified, then separated again... the way they're doing it if it's meant to be a shared universe doesn't feel seemless like how Marvel did it.

But I am for alternate universes within the Alien-Predator franchises. But I don't see Fox doing anything like this.. It doesn't seem like something that they would even so much as care to do.

Vrastal

i dont want to see some silly super hero like plot crap

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I am SOOOO amped for this film!

Clarification....this film is to take place YEARS AFTER Prometheus 2.....

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 19, 2015, 05:47:17 AM
i dont want to see some silly super hero like plot crap

Alternate universe doesn't necessarily mean superhero. In fact there is some scientific theory of parallel universes already at work. Also some hardcore sci-fi franchises deal with alternate universes-- some of them being scientifically grounded.. Like Star Trek.

Also alternate universes don't have to coincide with the main universe. They can co-exist without interacting with each other.

But again.. I don't see this happening.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed