Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,462 times)

Gridseeker

I love all the four Alien movies and even Prometheus but also I´m very excited with this news, Neil is a big fan from the Alien franchise like us; about the retconning, I think there´re two options: 1) set the next movie as an alternate universe or like "what if...?" and that "what if...?" would be Hicks along with Ripley as the main protagonists or 2) set Alien 5 as the official sequel BUT NOT THROWING A3 AND RESURRECTION and set both movies in an alternate cannon or universe.

RakaiThwei

Gridseeker as much as I do like the alternate universe/alternate canon idea... I just do not see Fox adopting that idea. Not to mention for whatever reason, as unfounded as it is, seems to really not sit well with fans as it wouldn't erase anything.

bioweapon

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 19, 2015, 03:53:27 AM
Quote from: marrerom on Feb 19, 2015, 03:46:37 AM
Quote from: bioweapon on Feb 19, 2015, 03:40:57 AM
I hope he finds the most important side, the Giger one.

I hear that.  Lets retire the A:R look of the Aliens. It worked for that film but has since been reused over and over again for budget purposes in the AvP films.  Bring back the old school bio-mechanical look.  Blomkamp has stated he loved Alien: Isolation, Well look at this beauty:

Lets hope he honors H.R. Giger.

Despite that there were practical reasons for the choice of that design from Alien Isolation, I hate those kangaroo paws.

This is still the best design

Also, when I see the conceptual art of Neil, I get the impression that he is a fan of James Cameron xenomorph. Although I could be wrong.

I would definitely go with the first installment art.

BUT... i rather make no alien creature but related things. I mean like Ridley says, we just saw too much of it and now is like a toy.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Gash on Feb 19, 2015, 03:32:25 AM
Perhaps you could just make your own film with Neca figures, and it would serve the same purpose.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: viendammage on Feb 19, 2015, 01:34:27 AM
YESSSSSSSS! Hicks lives! Seeing as Prometheus was half prequel, half it's own thing inside the Alien universe, I hope that Blomkamp's Alien just picks up 30 years after Aliens. I'd be very surprised if Fox is all that concerned with having it follow 3 and Resurrection considering they didn't want Prometheus to be a straight prequel to Alien.

Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 19, 2015, 01:15:05 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 19, 2015, 01:05:47 AM
Well, this being set post-Prometheus 2 is... odd. But something tells me that it'll be pretty standalone in its own right.

I still think bringing back Hicks is kind of dumb, but if it happens it happens. I don't really give a shit at this point. I'm just interested in seeing what Scott's take on this world looks like.

Hicks I'm fine without being in the picture since its CLEARLY obvious he dies in Alien 3 but I think Blomkamp needs to finish up Ripley's story and at least wrap everything up. I'm tired of hearing about this Prometheus hype. Scott needs to get over himself and focus on his own films without intertwining his crap with other Director's. Ridley just move on man. Make Prometheus 2 your last 'Some-what Alien' movie.

But what is unrealized about Ripley's story? She dies in 3 then is cloned in Resurrection. Seems pretty full circle to me.

Exactly. She died and then she was cloned. We still have yet to figure out what happens to the clone character of Ripley because the story was left wide open after Ripley and Call reach Earth. Even if it had nothing to do with Resurrection it would be nice to see Sigourney Weaver one more time as Ripley before she gets too old.

acrediblesource

With terminator coming out, this looks like a return to the franchise markets again. Guess we'll see another predator sequel....

RakaiThwei

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 19, 2015, 04:17:55 AM
Guess we'll see another predator sequel....

Already are getting one.. Shane Black's doing it.

All I'll say is I hope Fred Dekker writes up something which doesn't go the route of PREDATORS.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: bioweapon on Feb 19, 2015, 04:07:22 AM
Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 19, 2015, 03:53:27 AM
Quote from: marrerom on Feb 19, 2015, 03:46:37 AM
Quote from: bioweapon on Feb 19, 2015, 03:40:57 AM
I hope he finds the most important side, the Giger one.

I hear that.  Lets retire the A:R look of the Aliens. It worked for that film but has since been reused over and over again for budget purposes in the AvP films.  Bring back the old school bio-mechanical look.  Blomkamp has stated he loved Alien: Isolation, Well look at this beauty:

Lets hope he honors H.R. Giger.

Despite that there were practical reasons for the choice of that design from Alien Isolation, I hate those kangaroo paws.

This is still the best design

Also, when I see the conceptual art of Neil, I get the impression that he is a fan of James Cameron xenomorph. Although I could be wrong.

I would definitely go with the first installment art.

https://hollywoodhatesme.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/lambert-v-alien.jpg

BUT... i rather make no alien creature but related things. I mean like Ridley says, we just saw too much of it and now is like a toy.

you mean Gigeresque? ^^ that already exists, and is called Deacon

marrerom

You know, after AvPR I was afraid that Fox just wasn't thinking about these franchises seriously anymore.  I thought that we would be getting either a direct to dvd AvP3  or a straight up reboot of Alien and Predator.  But I was wrong, instead we got Predators and Prometheus and now Alien 5 by Blomkamp, Predator 4 by shane black, and Prometheus 2 by Ridely scott.  Its just awesome.

Alienseseses

I would be very ok with this movie forgetting Alien 3 and Resurrection. Don't even explain them away-- just do a new timeline. I'm ok with that. I appreciate 3 and Res for what they are, but I don't think they're very good films, and the idea of following up Aliens with a direct sequel that actually builds on the former instead of tearing it down... I'm ok with that.

viendammage

Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 19, 2015, 04:09:15 AM
Quote from: viendammage on Feb 19, 2015, 01:34:27 AM
YESSSSSSSS! Hicks lives! Seeing as Prometheus was half prequel, half it's own thing inside the Alien universe, I hope that Blomkamp's Alien just picks up 30 years after Aliens. I'd be very surprised if Fox is all that concerned with having it follow 3 and Resurrection considering they didn't want Prometheus to be a straight prequel to Alien.

Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 19, 2015, 01:15:05 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 19, 2015, 01:05:47 AM
Well, this being set post-Prometheus 2 is... odd. But something tells me that it'll be pretty standalone in its own right.

I still think bringing back Hicks is kind of dumb, but if it happens it happens. I don't really give a shit at this point. I'm just interested in seeing what Scott's take on this world looks like.

Hicks I'm fine without being in the picture since its CLEARLY obvious he dies in Alien 3 but I think Blomkamp needs to finish up Ripley's story and at least wrap everything up. I'm tired of hearing about this Prometheus hype. Scott needs to get over himself and focus on his own films without intertwining his crap with other Director's. Ridley just move on man. Make Prometheus 2 your last 'Some-what Alien' movie.

But what is unrealized about Ripley's story? She dies in 3 then is cloned in Resurrection. Seems pretty full circle to me.

Exactly. She died and then she was cloned. We still have yet to figure out what happens to the clone character of Ripley because the story was left wide open after Ripley and Call reach Earth. Even if it had nothing to do with Resurrection it would be nice to see Sigourney Weaver one more time as Ripley before she gets too old.

I'm all for Ripley's return as well as Hicks, take their age into account and go forth in a new chapter. Will be interesting to see if Weaver and Biehn return and how they'll go about it.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Alienseseses on Feb 19, 2015, 04:35:14 AM
I would be very ok with this movie forgetting Alien 3 and Resurrection. Don't even explain them away-- just do a new timeline.

If in a similar vein to what Halloween H20 did with Halloween IV to VI, and set them aside as an alternative timeline is what you mean, then I would be completely for that.

marrerom

People need to get over their butt hurt over what happened in Alien3. All this talk about retconning...come on.  Rest assured that if Weaver is going to be apart of this film then it will be respecting continuity. She's not going to star in a film that conflicts with her previous films and undermines the franchise and the same goes for Ridley Scott since he's the producer.  This doesnt mean that Hicks cant come back.  If they can write a way for it to happen that makes sense then there is no problem.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 19, 2015, 04:47:17 AM
This doesnt mean that Hicks cant come back. 

I don't want to be THAT GUY but Hicks is already back.. thanks to an ill-received video game which Fox "allegedly" totes around as canon. Emphasis on allegedly.

marrerom

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 19, 2015, 04:52:03 AM
Quote from: marrerom on Feb 19, 2015, 04:47:17 AM
This doesnt mean that Hicks cant come back. 

I don't want to be THAT GUY but Hicks is already back.. thanks to an ill-received video game which Fox "allegedly" totes around as canon. Emphasis on allegedly.

Dealing with this assertion that Fox said it was canon (when it was actually just Gearbox) is like playing whack-a-mole.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed