Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,340 times)

Mr. Clemens

I'm thinking Blomkamp is a very 'sharp cookie' (:P):

• Release concept art, including Ripley and Hicks
  • Watch internet explode
  • Wait for Fox to call

Now that he's got the gig, hopefully he'll jettison the fanbait 'Rip n' Hicks' rubbish and tell an interesting, original story.

But if any retconning happens, I'll just wait and catch it on Netflix.

Adam802

Holy. f**king. Shit.....ALIEN V!!!!!!

Ive been praying for a fabled Alien V since over a DECADE ago.......omg.

PLEASE be good!!  Too early for me to pass any judgement currently, as we know next to nothing about the plot so far, but man...Alien V, geez.  I though I would honestly never see the day.  After the disappointing Prometheus I hope to god this movie is amazing.  I want a tense scary action movie like the first 2 alien films.  And bring back dat Xeno baby!!!!! 

Shame Giger died recently, as it wouldve been great to have him work on this film.  But I have faith....

I cant wait to follow every minute detail on the progress of this film on this site with you other hardcore fans!!

Machiko Naguchi

I would say I am optimistic for a new Alien film by Blomkamp. I thought District 9 was good and thought Elysium was even beeter, so I think his take on an Alien film would probably turn out well. I think it will definitely be different than the other films, but isn't that what we need at this point?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Feb 19, 2015, 02:28:58 AM
Now that he's got the gig, hopefully he'll jettison the fanbait 'Rip n' Hicks' rubbish and tell an interesting, original story.

Pls be right, Clemens.

Mr. Clemens

Oh wait, hang on folks, false alarm: it's not 'Alien V', it's 'Alien vs. V'

Diana FTW!  :D

Gash

The concept art seems to take Ripley 8 a stage further and puts her in an alien costume. Looks very daft.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Feb 19, 2015, 02:37:07 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Feb 19, 2015, 02:28:58 AM

Pls be right, Clemens.

Honestly, that's what my first thought was when I first saw the pics. That they were placeholders.

Will be interesting to see what news comes out of this.

Magegg

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 19, 2015, 02:14:42 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 19, 2015, 02:04:42 AM
Let Ripley suffer from a massive comatose state to explain away the previous two films and bring back an embittered battle-scared Hicks.

But the idea of retconning Alien 3 and Resurrection as a bad dream in the way Dallas did it seems like nothing more than just pandering to bitter fans.
Let's be honest, it's not only the fans. Hell, many fans do appreciate A3 and A:R. But for general audience, A3 were not a success and they don't mind the movies. Retconning them away would be a good and, in the worst of the cases, inoffensive.

Aquarius8

I'm excited about the news but where is the story now?  Can they really pick up where "Resurrection" left off?  With Ripley being a Clone? As for how they can bring Hicks Back.  He can be cloned or an Andriod but it can be done.  Again I don't know where Ridley is going with "Prometheus 2" yet but I am happy the Franchise won't end with "Resurrection". I love the concept art but I just don't see Hicks coming back unless that was apart of the deal.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 02:43:08 AM
Let's be honest, it's not only the fans. Hell, many fans do appreciate A3 and A:R. But for general audience, A3 were not a success and they don't mind the movies. Retconning them away would be a good and, in the worst of the cases, inoffensive.

I get that and I understand that from a point of view but it doesn't mean I agree with it. I honestly felt that Ripley's story was done with Alien 3, and as sour on a note as it ended-- I felt as if it told us that the Alien is an all-consuming adversary which takes, and takes, and will not stop taking. Ripley had lost everything, but she stopped her adversary and in the end found peace in her own death and sacrifice.

Gash

Whatever way you look at it, if Ripley's in it, it's a problem.

Either it means retconning A3 out of existence, which despite it's script flaws, is an admirable film that closes Ripley's story very effectively, and doesn't deserve to be dumped on by FOX.

Or it's the continuing story of Ripley 8, who was a uninteresting character in a terrible film.

Why saddle yourself with such problems?

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

Gonna get lynched for this, but I don't care: If retconing A3 and A4 isn't an option for whatever reason(s) I'm totally okay with them rebooting the series at this point.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Gash on Feb 19, 2015, 02:53:10 AM
Whatever way you look at it, if Ripley's in it, it's a problem.

Either it means retconning A3 out of existence, which despite it's script flaws, is an admirable film that closes Ripley's story very effectively, and doesn't deserve to be dumped on by FOX.

Or it's the continuing story of Ripley 8, who was a uninteresting character in a terrible film.

Why saddle yourself with such problems?

WORD.

Magegg

Quote from: Gash on Feb 19, 2015, 02:53:10 AMWhatever way you look at it, if Ripley's in it, it's a problem.

I don't think most people would care if A3 is retconned. I don't think they would be interested in Ripley and Hicks being the protagonists of the story, either, modern generations don't know those characters. But I think most non-hardcore fans, that loved the characters, would prefer them to be revealed to be alive and a couple living on a distant planet or something.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 19, 2015, 02:58:26 AM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 19, 2015, 02:53:10 AMWhatever way you look at it, if Ripley's in it, it's a problem.

I don't think most people would care if A3 is retconned. I don't think they would be interested in Ripley and Hicks being the protagonists of the story, either, modern generations don't know those characters. But I think most non-hardcore fans, that loved the characters, would prefer them to be revealed to be alive and a couple living on a distant planet or something.

In your last two posts, you seem to be really keyed-in on the non-hardcore fans. So one must ask: why would the non-hardcore fans care if Ripley and Hicks are in it at all?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed